HOI4 Dev Diary - Back from Christmas

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Hi everyone! The team is now back from holidays, rested and fresh and ready to jump to it. In fact we already have done a couple of things that we will be releasing this week if all goes well. Release of Together for Victory went well and we saw more people than ever play HOI4 during Christmas. It was also really nice to hear that people feel like AI has taken a good step in the right direction with 1.3 Torch and we will continue working with this.

So as I said we had time to fix a couple of things during the holidays and after getting back, so here is our changelog for a 1.3.2 hotfix:
- Fixed CTD when double clicking the first factory in a line superduperfast to reset factories
- AI now much better at respecting airbase size limits
- Improved AI management of air missions
- Deployment is now allowed in locations where it supposed to, regardless if your capital state is not owned by you.
- Fixed huge slow down and eternal freeze in the peace conference.
- Lowered air combat delay so that some areas will still see combat even though caught in extreme time zones.
- Crusader Kings 2 achievement now requires correct states
- Rebalanced air combat for increased air casualties
- Air accidents should no longer happen in peacetime
- Added CTD safety for voice over playing in case player has some broken sound drivers
- Fixed potential CTD in clearing country resources on civil war starts
- Fixed a manpower transfer issue causing units to disappear after peaceful annexation (like the Anchluss)
- Fixed issue with Australia demanding New Zealand causing Australia to be kicked out of any faction it is currently in
- Fixed two typos in Indian focus tree/ideas
- Tech tree now refresh after switching tag (when choosing to play as new puppet) which made some achievements tricky
- Transfer ship effect (like in NZL focuses) no longer sometimes transfers wrong ships (or whole fleets :D)
- French language translation fixes.

It will appear today (give it an hour or two) as an opt-in open beta for some community testing before rolling out for real. Hopefully this week if no problems are encountered!

Hopefully the above fixes the big issues encountered during Christmas break. More stuff will get done as we now start working on a bit bigger patch. Unfortunately I can’t really give a more detailed roadmap for you today as I had planned, because apparently there is a lot of stuff to do when everyone gets back from holidays planning wise ;) But next week I will know more and can share it with you. For everyone who has requested it though, we will be putting a much heavier emphasis on bug fixing and improvement this year. More details in next diary!

Today we don’t have a World War Wednesday stream. That will start up again next week. If you want to sate your HOI4 video craving I’m going to recommend checking out Daniel’s cool 60+ people grand multiplayer campaign he ran during Christmas. I asked him for a summary and he sent me this picture:
clip+(2016-12-29+at+08.55.10).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thanks for the update :)
Hope you had nice vacations !

Yeah it was great. Lots of time to recharge batteries and catch up on reading, movies and meeting family :)

Reactions:
Hopefully the above fixes the big issues encountered during Christmas break. More stuff will get done as we now start working on a bit bigger patch. Unfortunately I can’t really give a more detailed roadmap for you today as I had planned, because apparently there is a lot of stuff to do when everyone gets back from holidays planning wise ;) But next week I will know more and can share it with you.
For everyone who has requested it though, we will be putting a much heavier emphasis on bug fixing and improvement this year. More details in next diary!

This is very wellcomed from me.
You need to fix some parts of the game.
Like navy combat and superiortiy. If a navy has do not engage mode. It wont have any superiority.
Like Air combat works.
Thanks for this.

Reactions:
This looks very good.
One question. Will it still be best to deploy your planes in small (aprox 20) squadrons, after the fix?

This looks very good.
One question. Will it still be best to deploy your planes in small (aprox 20) squadrons, after the fix?
that issue was fixed with 1.3 (although I am not sure if it solved every case for CAS combat joining), and remains fixed although casualties are higher now

Reactions:
Thanks for the very quick (beta) fix.

Reactions:
Reactions:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TEAM!
Welcome back!

That was fast. I've downloaded the beta already and will give it a spin.

Hope you enjoyed the holidays and I wish you all a very happy and successful 2017.

Reactions:
So as I said we had time to fix a couple of things during the holidays and after getting back, so here is our changelog for a 1.3.2 hotfix:

View attachment 230300

The fixed casualties... I'd need some figures, are they reverted to 1.2 or are they ''normal''? We use a mod for that in our MP games, but it's good to know how it has changed

Does this mean that I'll be able to opt into the beta branch and actually get the Crusader Kings 2 achievement now? The changelog mentions correct states but I recall reading about there being some issue with the releasing or puppeting of the African nations.

Good work getting the beta patch out so fast after the holidays, I look forward to getting the last achievement I need to 100% it again

Reactions:
I downloaded the 1.3.2 beta and ck2 achievement looks just as same as before.

Code:
            if = {
                limit = {
                    FROM = {
                        original_tag = SAF
                    }
                }
                if = {
                    limit = {
                        tag = ANG
                    }
                    set_country_flag = SAF_released_ANG
                }

Reactions:
For everyone who has requested it though, we will be putting a much heavier emphasis on bug fixing and improvement this year.

Good to hear because bug/exploit fixing is what this game really needs right now.

In case you've not seen it, I've compiled a small list of some of the more known exploits rampant in MP: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ral-exploits-that-are-still-not-fixed.992328/

There's also a thread about the army XP exploit that is also very rampant in MP: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...xploit-and-some-simple-ways-to-fix-it.992996/

House rules do combat some exploits, but they're not effective against ones that are difficult to monitor for the host (it also makes the game not very fun for the host if he has to babysit 15-25 people for 5 hours so they don't break rules).

that issue was fixed with 1.3 (although I am not sure if it solved every case for CAS combat joining), and remains fixed although casualties are higher now

AFAIK the optimal CAS wing is still 30 or 60. Personally I use 120 and 240.

Reactions: