• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HoI4 Dev Diary - Achievements

Hello, and welcome back to another Dev Diary from the snow-stricken city of Stockholm. Today we will be talking about that quintessential feature completionists like myself simply crave whenever a new DLC is released: achievements. :D

This batch consists of 21 new achievements, most of which relate to the new countries and mechanics, though one is dedicated to the 2018 PDXCon HoI4 Challenge (30 Minutes of Hel), and another was a brilliant suggestion by a viewer of Daniel and myself's playthrough of the new British focus tree (Britzkrieg).

In addition to adding these new ones, I've made some adjustments to the more 'grindy' achievements that were added to Waking the Tiger. Having myself completed every single achievement in the game, none annoyed me even nearly as much as Battlecry and Awake and Angry. To make these less of a 'conquer the whole world three times over' pain to get, I've added exclusions for the European enclaves to the requirements of these achievements. It now will no longer be necessary to reclaim Guangzhouwan, Macau, and Hong Kong to get them :)

Now, on to the new achievements:

team_america.jpg

Team America
As the U.S.A., drop a nuclear bomb on Paris.

history_repeated_itself.jpg

History Repeated Itself
As the U.S.A., win against the Confederate States. Again.

georgia_on_my_mind.jpg

Georgia On My Mind
As the U.S.A., own and fully control all three Georgias.

to_arms_in_dixie.jpg

To Arms in Dixie!
As the U.S.A., start a new civil war as the South.

arsenal_of_democracy.jpg

Arsenal of Democracy
As the U.S.A., have more than 300 military factories.

underpaid_undersexed_and_under_eisenhower.jpg

Underpaid, Undersexed, and Under Eisenhower
As the U.S.A., assume faction leadership of the Allies, and have over 50 expeditionary divisions from the United Kingdom.

last_for_a_thousand_years.jpg

Last for a Thousand Years
As the United Kingdom, accomplish the federation of the entire British Empire.

britzkrieg.jpg

Britzkrieg
As the United Kingdom, put Edward VIII in power, ally Germany, and fully control Paris.

nothing_wrong_with_our_bloody_ships.jpg

Nothing Wrong with our Bloody Ships
As the United Kingdom, have at least 9 battlecruisers.

william_wallis.jpg

William Wallis
As the United Kingdom, put Edward VIII in power, enforce an American monarchy, and have both it and Scotland as subjects.

crush_the_dream.jpg

Crush the Dream
As a Communist United Kingdom, crush the American Dream by puppeting the U.S.A.

treading_the_narrow_path.jpg

Treading the Narrow Path
As the Netherlands, do not cave to the Germans, continue the Zuiderzee works, and do not lose control of any of your continental European states until 1945.

putting_the_raid_of_the_medway_to_shame.jpg

Putting the Raid on the Medway to Shame
As the Netherlands, ensure the United Kingdom has no capital ships (carriers, battleships, battlecruisers, or heavy cruisers).

bevrijding.jpg

Bevrijding
As the Netherlands, liberate the continental Netherlands after relocating the government to the East Indies.

mi_casa_es_tu_casa.jpg

Mi Casa es tu Casa
As Mexico, host a government-in-exile.

the_new_home_of_the_revolution.jpg

The New Home of the Revolution
As Mexico, put Trotsky in power and puppet the Soviet Union.

assuming_direct_control.jpg

Assuming Direct Control
Starting as a minor power, assume faction leadership of the Allies, the Axis, or the Comintern.

vive_la_jeune_ecole.jpg

Vive la Jeune Ecole
As France, have at least 150 Destroyers and research the maximum torpedo launcher technology, before 1945.

30_minutes_of_hel.jpg

30 Minutes of Hel
Try to beat the record set at the 2018 PDXCON HOI4 challenge by inflicting over 1,800,000 casualties to Germany in the 1939 “Blitzkrieg” scenario start, as Poland. Extra bragging rights if you do it in 30 minutes or less!

pride_and_extreme_prejudice.jpg

Pride and Extreme Prejudice
Sink the British Pride of the Fleet.

do_you_mined.jpg

Do You Mined?
Lay at least 1,000 mines on the coastline of an enemy nation.

That was it for today (though not for this week ;) )! We hope you'll be enjoying hunting for them. Let us know which you're most excited about, and don't forget to watch Daniel leak more stuff in today's stream at 4PM CET!

@Bratyn

Why isn't there an achievement for releasing Newfoundland, playing as them, and annexing Canada!? :(

Cool stuff. :)

By the way, could someone enlighten me on (possibly Internet-related or cultural) references to "Nothing Wrong with our Bloody Ships", "Putting the Raid on the Medway to Shame", and "Treading the Narrow Path"? Thank you.

PS: I like the "Vive la Jeune Ecole" icon and reference.