HOI4 Dev Diary - 5th Anniversary

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 46Haha
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Oh hey it's not pinned. Glad I scrolled down.

Brazilian states corrected? Oh my god, we can call HoI4 finished, start HoI5 now! Could this mean a brazilian expansion is COMING??
Also, I never thought I needed another music pack... Until I heard it, awesome.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Why does Turkey join the Allies in 1943/1944? They only joined the Allies because it was very clear they were losing (and in 1945!), so this should either be changed to something like > 50% surrender progress or 1945. I dont see why they get added in 1943/1944. They shouldn't contribute anything and they shouldn't be able to contribute anything in actual fighting.

• 24Like
Reactions:
  • 9Like
Reactions:
Are the songs of the radio pack weighted by country? In the previous pack we had different radio stations for democracies, fascist and communist but I suppose that would not be the case this time

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hey hey! I wanted to ask if there was any plans to add any more 'Fragmented Countries' pre-game options to HOI4. They're such a cool way to quickly activate alt history scenarios and so there are a few I thought would be great for some suggestion:

Germany: - East vs West Germany - German Kingdoms (Saxony, Prussia ect)
Poland: - The New minor countries within Poland such as Danzig all starting Free
Hungary: - Austria Hungary at game start - Greater Hungary thicc across Europe
Czechoslovakia: - Divided between the Czechs and the Slovaks
China: - Unifed - PRC Unified - Modern PRC - Qing China

This would be so cool and really appreicated by myself and people who play with these for funny scenarios!

• 22Like
Reactions:
Why does Turkey join the Allies in 1943/1944? They only joined the Allies because it was very clear they were losing (and in 1945!), so this should either be changed to something like > 50% surrender progress or 1945. I dont see why they get added in 1943/1944. They shouldn't contribute anything and they shouldn't be able to contribute anything in actual fighting.
There was a fair bit of diplomatic wrangling to try and bring Turkey in on either side, it should be reasonably possible that they get pulled into the war earlier than they did, but I think it would need strong reasons. Like the USSR losing the Caucuses or a failed Operation Exporter (still not properly modelled) or a British loss in the desert. On the other hand if Germany bogged in the Balkans in some way I'd think it reasonable that the Turks could be swayed to join.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Tell me about this Jose Diaz bug.

- South African focus for demanding Madagascar will now appropriately target the controller of the state, instead of France (regardless of whether they control it)

So does that mean also if it succeeds you'll get all of Madagascar's cores? Otherwise you can't release it via anti colonialist crusade.