• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone I hope you are enjoying 1.9.1 and La Resistance. Today will be a smaller diary to let you know that we are putting out a beta for 1.9.2, and also to fill you in on what the plan is now moving forward into next expansion work.

1.9.2 Beta
Since we came back from easter we have been working hard on nailing down some stubborn out of sync bugs. Some of those still elude us so the quest continues but we have also gotten some other things dealt with. Click below for changelog:
##################################
# Balance
- added mil factory to china that was incorrectly set up in 1.9.1

# Bugfix
- Soviet now retains the old behaviour of sending volunteers to spain
- Fix end of civil war events no longer firing (initially reported on German Civil war)

# Stability & Performance
- Fixed OOS related to different language settings between the host and client
- Fixed OOS due to differing ship name in combat result
- Fixed OOS when joining a MP that has not LaR with a client that has LaR enable while comming back from a game with active operatives
- Added basic land and naval combat details to hourly OOS checks
- Fixed save game formatting of AI strategies for managing production of army roles, to use text instead of unstable numeric IDs
- Enabled the abort on map error for when game files are modified in the installation directory
- Fixed CTD when showing the leaderboard before going back to the main menu
- Fix a CTD on related to clearing strategic air data and processing air activity

The beta patch thread is over here and includes info on how to opt into it :)

We have no release date on this yet, but its not planned to be a giant mega patch like 1.9.1. The goal is to deal with the OOS issues and mop up anything major we missed as well as do some balancing (some operations need a buff for example).

Future
Working from home during the corona pandemic has started to feel more and more normal for us although I really miss hanging out with co-workers at the pub or the like. We are very fortunate to be able to work on at home and not be impacted as heavily as other companies. Paradox has also been super supportive and sending us dinners from local restaurants (gotto make sure they are still there when we go back to work!) and the like.

As for development we are still fixing some stuff but the team is transitioning over to working on the next expansion now. That means that this will be the last dev diary for a while. We will let you know when they kick off again when we know :) If you want to follow work on 1.9.2 keep an eye on the beta thread. That said expect to hear from us from time to time during the work period :).

Stay safe inside your panzers everyone!

Last edited:
I will make an official bug report later, but jsut to state it here: The Carlist unit models are replaced by normal nationalist inantry templates, after you restore the monarchy in Spain.

They will add some flavor in this patch aside from fixing bugs as always.
I think adding or inserting a few little things always adds flavor to the patches would give these a little more substance and appeal to the patches than just fixing game bugs that are always necessary

I hope and wish that all the team of developers of the game are well and healthy

@podcat: What i always wanted you to ask since LaR is out: Isn't it a double punishment, that still half of the MILs nd CIVs will be destroyed if i annex a country? I mean aren't the new mechanics a replacement especially for that workaround?

Would love to see Greece get some attention in the next update. Pretty please....lol

I do not think Greece will come in the next dlc since it will surely come together, it will become Italian reworked and I do not think this next dlc will come but the most likely thing is that it will come in Soviet rework

I noticed some missing Portuguese adviser portraits, like that Communist minister for example.

Also please buff on the Coordinated Strike missions as well.

Lastly, Japan still launches the Pacific War a bit earlier than historical (July 1941), even on Historical Mode. I hope there's a fix on this too. We'd love to see AI Japan go Tora2x sometime on December 1941, especially when playing historically. :)

Overall, great patch. Stay safe, madlads of PDX. :)

@podcat Since with 1.9.1 the debug commands (so scripted effects that can be used as a console command) were added that use the log command to print to the console, would it be possible to make the log command also print to the console, if the game is not running in -debug mode?

Please add events for Daladier and Reynaud as leaders of the democratic historical France.
It's a shame that they are not in the game yet.
You did a premiere shift in Britain and even Sanjurjo.
Poor guy Blum overworking because of you.

Reactions:
I do not think Greece will come in the next dlc since it will surely come together, it will become Italian reworked and I do not think this next dlc will come but the most likely thing is that it will come in Soviet rework

They could have a small expansion focused on the balcans or work Italy in as well

There seems to be a consistent issue where even on historical mode, but more over every game I play - the mariana country is bring released by Japan as a collab government. Would be good to see this behaviour removed since is very ahistorical and unnecessary.

They could have a small expansion focused on the balcans or work Italy in as well
I do not think they return to those types of dlcs that were widely criticized by an important part of the people on the forum, such as the DoD or TFV case, and even less when it comes to putting some great reworked pieces that are missing.