- Mar 24, 2006
Here is my own wishlist of things I would like to see in the future of HoI4:
- Improved Division designer ( with combined arms ) and combat balance that makes 40w obsolete, and promote historical divisions ( A bit similar to the doctrine point ).
- Carriers that can conduct stand of naval combat with their planes out ranging enemy ship guns ( worked in patch 1.5 ).
- Balanced Kamikazes and NAV bombers / bombing of ships ( yes that means even vs convoys ).
- Deeper Air Warfare ( Split strategic bombing into installation attacks vs airfields/radars/aa where medium bombers or heavy fighters have something they do best ).
- Night fighting / Bombing becomes an actual thing for Air warfare instead of just a weaker version of day, making you want to get radars, variants and doctrines that support it.
- Night fighting becomes an actual thing for Naval warfare instead of just a weaker version of day, making you want to get radars, ship designs and doctrines that support it.
- Logistics that make sense ( if you capture a port giving X supply you don't get 3 times X when you advance deeper inland into 3 different supplyzones ).
- Reinforcements that take proper time to arrive ( airplanes too ), and that can be intercepted on their way.
- Trains and Trucks that need to be built in large numbers and used for logistics to support good mechanized armies and an airforce.
- Industrial cost of things like convoys and amphibious landing ships is represented more accurately ( It's damn expensive ).
- Balanced Transport Planes, Paratroopers, Airlifts of divisions and improved airsupply if your pocket controls an airfield.
- Deeper economy system with some kind of base resource (energy/coal/whatever) that is needed to fuel Civilian factories and Synthetic Fuel, and can put a limit to snowballing.
- Upkeep costs to field large armies, airforces and navies ( upkeep can include idle fuelcost ).
- Arms Trade and more historical minors that don't have a ton of MIC and research/build all weapons themself but buy most from the big boys.
- Manpower attrition and worse weather, severe mud and snow/blizzards on the east front that can stop the best German assault cold in it's tracks.
- Better historical balance ( USA when played as a Democracy shouldn't mobilize for war in time for joining the war in Europe in 1939-40, that is not what happened historically ).