HOI4 Dev Diary - 1.4 "Oak" Changlog sneak peek

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
no, when you bomb an air base you damage planes there. it could be quite bad so was reduced.
I didn't know this was even a thing. :eek:
Maybe this should be a separate item in the air warfare statistics screen?

@podcat I have a question.Will we get a dlc free patch for 1.5?

The patch log looks great. I'd be really happy with another patch like this (nice ui work, ai, balance and bugs) before a potentially much larger dlc for 1.6.

Cant wait, its nice to see the number of times the AI is mentioned in the changelog. The proof will be in playing it

When is release time (not date)?

No attempts to fix broken sub warfare?

The devs made it clear a whiles back that naval wouldn't be the focus in 1.4. I'm as keen for an improvement to commerce warfare as the next player, but the devs can only do so much at once. That said, it's worth waiting and seeing how the patch turns out - in past patches, it definitely felt like things had been tweaked behind the scenes that weren't mentioned in the patchlog. We'll see soon enough :). Depending how it turns out, I'll probably be playing with the sub-related defines to see if it's possible to at least make things a bit less like they are now, if they're still like they are now post-1.4.

6AM

but no idea in what time-zone

Where did you hear this? They tend to release in the afternoon CEST (it's a Steam thing iirc). Would be all sorts of cool if true (I'm in Australia, so Wednesday releases are Thursday for me, unless they're releasing at something like 6AM CEST).

6AM

but no idea in what time-zone
well technically correct, it is once very hour 6 am somewhere smart-ass :p
I think 3 PM EST was mentioned in the last live stream.

well technically correct, it is once very hour 6 am somewhere smart-ass :p
I think 3 PM EST was mentioned in the last live stream.

Cheers for the clarification - I did think it was unlikely to be 6AM CEST, but I could always hope :).

Was clarified by devs here:

Thank you Alex!

Apologies in advance for the following stupid questions.............
Does "primary batallion" mean: most number of units compared to other units within the same division? Does "primary batallion" mean: highest hard attack or soft attack compared to other units within the division? Does "primary batallion" mean something else?

So the AI will still research & build motorized battalions there just will no longer be templates with motorized battalions only for the AI to use or create?

Thank you Alex!

Does "primary batallion" mean: most number of units compared to other units within the same division? Does "primary batallion" mean: highest hard attack or soft attack compared to other units within the division? Does "primary batallion" mean something else?

So the AI will still research & build motorized battalions there just will no longer be templates with motorized battalions only for the AI to use or create?
This basically means no motorized infantry divisions on their own. Motorized will only be for now in armored divisions, or starting motorized infantry divisions in '36. From my experience so far, Germany will have their one SS division until it will be destroyed etc. (not sure if that's intended, or AI should switch that mot inf division to different template).

Thank you Alex!

Actually the problem I see with this is that I don't think they only removed the AI's ability to hurt itself by spending experience on bad motorized templates. I think they also removed its ability to even build motorized divisions with whatever default template it was given.

To make this even worse in a few parts of the world, when they say "mobile" I believe that also includes cavalry.

Is the Japanese AI still stuck in the NF tree unable to research what it wants to do with Siam because joining Axis prevents it from getting "Axis Leanings"? This focus should be bypassed if Japan is already part of the Axis.

Hmm if my memory serving correctly I think most if not all update's have been 6pm UK time, I could be wrong though.

Cant give you exact time, but there is a high chance you'll get to know the time if you check out the release stream at 15:00 CEST *wink wink*