HOI4 Dev Diary - 1.3.3 modding features

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One final question, will you be able to document the new mod features in the coming patch notes? I am aware it can be tedious, but it has always been a crusade for me to push for better documentation, especially with the wiki's in such a sad state of disrepair.
Any new trigger and effect I add will come with proper documentation in trigger_docs. If they don't have it, ping me on the forum.
If We have added other features and you think they lack documentation, I will explain them on the forum. If you could then update the wiki with relevant information it would be a great help.

Reactions:
Oh and a last aside, can we get a similar building_slot modifier for non core states as you have included for non-core manpower? This would be quite useful to enable so that we can have a conquering empire not lose out on factories due to annexing rather than puppeting.
cant you already do that by adding to the non_core modifier in static_modifiers.txt?

Reactions:
Can the nation specific tech folders still have the same place as the original ones?

For example I change the tank tech tree only for Germany and the place of the folder stays where the generic is, just techs are different?

Just want to say that even as somebody who has not modded more than editing a couple of lines.... I am very pleased to see that you guys continue to help and open up things to the modders.

Can the nation specific tech folders still have the same place as the original ones?

For example I change the tank tech tree only for Germany and the place of the folder stays where the generic is, just techs are different?
You just hide the original and put your folder in it's place.

Reactions:
Great news. Appreciate it. As always. This game has so endless opportunities!!!!

And if the AI is also getting better and better...you rock!!!:)

Reactions:
cant you already do that by adding to the non_core modifier in static_modifiers.txt?
I was thinking as a more dynamic thing. Tied into an event based mechanic that triggers modifiers, getting the ability then for a pp cost to trigger a modifier that increases your utilization of non core land would be good.

Reactions:
the name change ones you see in the diary are in, as for more, maaaaaybe :3
How about in puppets? If I puppet Russia will I still get to rename their cities?

Reactions:
ETA on the finalization of the patch? Any new features not related to modding? Gotta say after the bad steam reviews for TFV that you guys have some work to do with this game. Ahistorical focuses mode being essentially random instead of intelligent ahistorical, like Russia invading Turkey while Germany fights france or something. Or if you are committed to random Ahistorical mode, why not give options to randomize everything from Population to starting industry to starting military to ideology?! With random generic events. increase replayability please!!

Reactions:
Obviously they could chose to remove all the original folders and replace with country unique ones, but that's up to the BICE guys.
My bad. I misunderstood that, and didn't realize it referred to the GUI, and not the folders the subfolders in \Hearts of Iron IV\common.

Reactions:
ETA on the finalization of the patch? Any new features not related to modding? Gotta say after the bad steam reviews for TFV that you guys have some work to do with this game. Ahistorical focuses mode being essentially random instead of intelligent ahistorical, like Russia invading Turkey while Germany fights france or something. Or if you are committed to random Ahistorical mode, why not give options to randomize everything from Population to starting industry to starting military to ideology?! With random generic events. increase replayability please!!

Next patch is soley on fixing bugs, balancing and minor stuff. The next patch after the comming is larger and focused towards aerial warfare and is called "Oak"

Reactions:
Hi @Havebeard

I really like the new country specific mod adds. I would like to have the UI be able to be changed base on which country is being played. I am adding & changing names of idea slots (minsters & military staffs).

I have given the slot a general title
Code:
  minister_deputy:0 "Deputy Minister"
Which works.

I want some countries to use a unique title like:
Code:
 USA_minister_deputy:0 "Vice President"
Which does not work.

Can this be done? Can it be done for 1.3.3?

Thanks for your support!

Reactions:
Hi @Havebeard

I really like the new country specific mod adds. I would like to have the UI be able to be changed base on which country is being played. I am adding & changing names of idea slots (minsters & military staffs).

I have given the slot a general title
Code:
  minister_deputy:0 "Deputy Minister"
Which works.

I want some countries to use a unique title like:
Code:
 USA_minister_deputy:0 "Vice President"
Which does not work.

Can this be done? Can it be done for 1.3.3?

Thanks for your support!
Probably not for 1.3.3, but @hiddengearz can probably add it to the wishlist and I'll have a look at how difficult it is.

Reactions: