HOI4 Bonus Diary! - Modding & 1.9 Patchlog

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@podcat

Problem: hour Tick check: 0900 GMT Air sortie, the whole world. 1600 GMT second Air sortie, the world over. 2300 GMT third air sortie, the world over. This happens because: its an easier to code Or the code running sorties every hour somewhere in the world takes up too much resources Or its too hard to code.

Assumption; its easier to code because it would tie up resources anyway. Nothing is too hard to code, just have to find the sweet spot. Easier to code is also cheaper.

1. First proposal: Hour tick by province - sea zone not universal, checks for 0900, 1600, 2300 if true, then checks for aircraft assigned to sortie, then executes. Resource Expensive because every province, sea zone has to run tick checks.

2. second proposal: Air engine created checks each air unit for time and sortie information, runs if true in province sea zone assigned to sortie. less resource expensive but

First Proposal: Pros: easier to implement than two. Con: Resource expensive

Second proposal Pros solves problem and uses less resources. Cons expensive to code.

Solution, hire more of us coders

Problem: dozens of people reporting the exact same issue, largely in completely the wrong places, all right after each other on the same forum although it's already been responded to recently.

1. First proposal: Stop.

2. Second proposal: Find some bugs that haven't been spammed to hell over the last two days already and report them instead.

Solution, realise that reposting isn't informative.

You should never be able to take Canada when defeating UK and France unless you have troops in Canada. The Allies faction should disband and only capitulated countries should be available for annexation, as in Kaiserreich. Countries that have your troops in them should leave the faction but continue the war individually. Other countries should white peace. Defeating UK, France and the Netherlands and magically puppeting Australia, the Raj and the DEI doesn't make sense. The UK should exile to Canada and wait for the USA to join the war to recover Great Britain with their help. There could be an achievement with it, similar to the Netherlands one.

This is what I said somewhat. I do agree its silly that you get to have Canada, India, Australia etc sometimes get annexed/puppeted in a peace deal, but I also find it silly that Canada wouldn't white peace once the big boys have died. I dont see Canada continuing to fight with the very limited troops it has antagonizing Germany.
Nobody should white peace from war, unless they surrender or opposing side allows them to white peace.

I mean, After UK surrender, there is no naval power not allow Axis to just invade Canada outright.

^ please podcat can u try and get a fix out at least by 1.8.1? Currently, there is always at least one major gamebreaking bug in game (carrier fighters dying super easily in 1.5, decryption bug in 1.6). Which means it is hard to enjoy the game as is. If you patch this out there won't be any major gamebreaking bugs (besides any from La resistance) and the game will be much more enjoyable. Even a band-aid fix would be cool.
1.8.1 has come and gone

I think you didn't understand me, with my proposal Canada would white peace after UK capitulation, UNLESS there are enemy troops in Canada. That's how Kaiserreich works. Maybe there could be an event for Canada's enemy to ask for white peace if they have troops in Canada but don't want to end the fight.
I think HoI4 could stand to have better support for white peace but I'm interpreting this as either a specific case for Canada (which adds bloat for not much benefit, given that once you've defeated the Allies the game is probably over) or else a generalised mechanic being described in terms of the one example where it makes sense (I assume it is uncontroversial that you wouldn't expect a capitulation of Germany and Italy to result in Slovakia and/or Croatia getting a white peace and continuing the "Axis"). Kaiserreich does a lot of things on a case by case basis so maybe it does handle these corner cases, but, pending clarification on what precisely this patch note means, I'm not terribly fussed about the final peace conference in the game producing one ahistorical outcome rather than a different ahistorical outcome.

Problem: dozens of people reporting the exact same issue, largely in completely the wrong places, all right after each other on the same forum although it's already been responded to recently.

1. First proposal: Stop.

2. Second proposal: Find some bugs that haven't been spammed to hell over the last two days already and report them instead.

Solution, realise that reposting isn't informative.
It’s a serious bug that the devs said they couldn’t think of how to solve.

Nobody should white peace from war, unless they surrender or opposing side allows them to white peace.

I mean, After UK surrender, there is no naval power not allow Axis to just invade Canada outright.

I just dont like the idea, from what I read of what the Patch note said.

I dont think Canada should become a major and force you to wipe out the ENTIRE 'allies' out to get a peace deal. It should be one peace deal for the majors/minors you TOOK, and then you will still be at war with canada and such with the OPTION to tell them 'hey we'll let you live if you back off.'

And boom perfect.

On a related yet unrelated note at the same time. I haven't looked at live streams as I dont want to sit through hours to find an answer, how does the new resistance work in terms of peace deals?

Say Poland, France and UK are in the allies. You take Poland, you get resistance right? If you wipe out France, Poland AND the Uk, you get the peace conference. Will you still have resistance or will it be over and done with and you are free from such things?

I just dont like the idea, from what I read of what the Patch note said.

I dont think Canada should become a major and force you to wipe out the ENTIRE 'allies' out to get a peace deal. It should be one peace deal for the majors/minors you TOOK, and then you will still be at war with canada and such with the OPTION to tell them 'hey we'll let you live if you back off.'

And boom perfect.

On a related yet unrelated note at the same time. I haven't looked at live streams as I dont want to sit through hours to find an answer, how does the new resistance work in terms of peace deals?

Say Poland, France and UK are in the allies. You take Poland, you get resistance right? If you wipe out France, Poland AND the Uk, you get the peace conference. Will you still have resistance or will it be over and done with and you are free from such things?

resistance lasts after the war but you won’t get an uprising unless an intelligence agency sponsors it afaik

@podcat
I'm happy to see the Italy float plane change, but what about the battlecruiser glitch? I didn't see anything about the battlecruisers being counted as battleships. This is a well known and well reported issue that I don't see in the change log. Current forum post is here.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...anes-japan-kongo-class.1270762/#post-25973236

""In the files, the Kongos are coded as battlecruisers. The problem, as I believe I said, is that hulls have defaults which, if present at all, override coded modules (Shown: Heavy Hull 1):""

@podcat
So are we really not going to get an answer as to why this hasn't been fixed? Modders can do it, why can't the devs?

And boom perfect.
I kinda support this. Instead of auto white-peacing minors that didn't fight, give the option to propose white-peace.

I think HoI4 could stand to have better support for white peace but I'm interpreting this as either a specific case for Canada (which adds bloat for not much benefit, given that once you've defeated the Allies the game is probably over) or else a generalised mechanic being described in terms of the one example where it makes sense (I assume it is uncontroversial that you wouldn't expect a capitulation of Germany and Italy to result in Slovakia and/or Croatia getting a white peace and continuing the "Axis"). Kaiserreich does a lot of things on a case by case basis so maybe it does handle these corner cases, but, pending clarification on what precisely this patch note means, I'm not terribly fussed about the final peace conference in the game producing one ahistorical outcome rather than a different ahistorical outcome.
It's not specific case, the same can apply when defeating Germany: the Axis disbands but Slovakia and Croatia are still at war individually. Then they can ask for white-peace or be crushed by the Allies and/or the USSR. Croatia and Slovakia aren't a problem because if you defeat Germany you can definitely defeat them, but overseas colonies are a problem and defeating their masters shouldn't give them to you unless you are already invading them. That situation would make a good use of the white peace button.