• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
patch101.jpg

The 1.0.1 Hotfix patch is now live on steam (if you don't get it you might need to restart steam).
If you were testing out the beta patch then you should switch back to the default branch while you remember it ;)

Patchnotes:

Stability & Performance
- Fixed several rare CTDs.
- Late-game performance optimizations.
- Large peace conference resolutions are now faster and also properly indicate that they are active to non-participants.
- Added GUI scaling option for people with very small or very high resolutin displays (experimental).
- Added a max framerate limiting system (defaults to 75fps) to help people with the combination of bad cooling, great graphics cards and very high screen refresh. If you are one of these with heat issues I would love to hear if this solved it (changing max_fram_rate in settings can let you remove its effect by making it higher, or go lower if you still have issues)

Gameplay
- Fixed an issue with deploying troops during spanish civil war when continuing savegames.
- Can now zoom in and out using PgUp and PgDown buttons on keyboard.
- Stopped an exploit where player could redirect a naval transfer into an invasion without preparation.
- Fixed a case where fleets who found themselves outside base range would be instantly deleted.
- Fixed some highlighting issues in tutorial.

Content
- Added 9 new unique nation leader portraits.
- Improved some VP/state names in China.
- Improved a lot of alternate ideology nation names and party/leader names.
- France can now send volunteers to Spain if they choose the Support Nationalists focus.
- Fixed many localization issues, both in english and other languages.

Enjoy!

We are currently working on the 1.1.0 patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
1.1.0 patch - What will that be?
With Stellaris, they are naming each patch after a sci-fi author, and the first is 'Clarke'.

With HoI IV, they are naming each patch after a head of government from the period, and the first is 'Baldwin'.

(amarite Dan?)

Reactions:
Reactions:
With HoI IV, they are naming each patch after a head of government from the period, and the first is 'Baldwin'.

not sure if we are doing names yet. but I am tryign to decide between heavy metal songs or ww2 operation names :3

Reactions:
Please have 1.1.0 delete amphibious and para drop battle plans once they are complete :). It's causing a lot of the issues with folks complaining about those two battle plans not working.

Reactions:
@podcat Can we expect Shadow detail options?
I like the world terrain shadow but just want to close the unit & building shadows. Unit shadows takes too much GPU power and visually not appealing for me in faster speeds.

Reactions:
Content
- Added 9 new unique nation leader portraits.
Any chance of a list of who got changed?

Also, if I may make a request, in the future could you please put the patchnotes in a spoiler block instead of a quote block? The forum is set to automatically put everything that is in a quote block in italics, and reduce the font size. While not much of an issue for a changelog this short, for the longer ones in full patches the quote block makes the changelog difficult to read. (I usually need to copy and paste the whole changelog to a text editor in order to read it.)

Also, the quote block prevents the use of the forum's built in quote function, as things in quote functions cannot be quoted.

Have you taken a look in your Beta Thread about the Austrian name change, or did you just focus on performance issues before releasing? ("you" in this case means: the team)

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-1-0-1-hotfix-beta-patch.945139/page-8

I know it's just minor but "Deutschsozialen Austria" is not even gramatically correct. Just with the Third Reich, you should not mix english with german (Vereinigtes Kingdom someone, or how about United Staaten von America)

Austria's democratic name was "First Republic of Austria" (or just commonly Austria, like today).

It's fascist name was "Ständestaat" or "Federal Republic of Austria" (Bundesstaat Österreich) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_State_of_Austria
- Flagg comes in two variants: Red-White-Red or Red-White-Red with Kruckenkreuz! Both were on the same level regarding the laws from 1934.
130px-Fatherland_Front_of_Austria.svg.png

For the Communistic name, you can use the name that the communists used ( .... dat sentence)
580_008.jpg

Sowjetösterreich - Sovietaustria
(aiming for the Anschluss to Sovietgermany) (<- hint for another name)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Patch names should be named after actors in saving private Ryan. Starting with Vin Diesel. Then Sizemore, then Burns and Ribisi, I think there's some other well known actors in that film but I can't think of them right now

Reactions:
Huzzah for the first patch! Will the next patch involve any solutions to the inter-faction military access? It's a number one gripe for many players, even temporarily disabling it will prevent Germany from marching across Russia to invade India.

Reactions:
Thanks Podcat and the rest of the team for a job well done! After my first few games I haven't been this exited since HOI II.

There are still a few burrs to remove but you seem to be on the right track. The biggest issue is on my side. I need more time and a faster computer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.