• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
“Early Rising Sun”
{A 10%er}

Game version: TFH (No Mods)
Start Date: 1936

House Rules:

1. No Pacific islands can be taken without initially guarding the holding until a Garrison-unit is later deployed. A GARx2 is the minimum no matter the port size and GARx3 were built for important ports I.e. Truk, and the home-island ports. For conquests, X2 is allowed anywhere but in a few cases like Saigon & Singapore X3 was the ideal option; if one could not be provided initially than it would be later. This rule is based on RL application; no nation will send men to die to take a place and not make every effort to secure it after capture.
2. Since this is a 10%er, where the Czechs say “No” to the Germans, ofc I will not strictly follow RL dates and can tag and intervene when necessary. However, I want the war to unfold somewhat accurately, even if the timeline unfolds differently. I’ve made some slight intervention here and there, since the game goes a-historical from the start but if/when possible, I’m still holding ‘mostly true’ to the real war.
3. No tagging and giving myself “needs” or taking anything away from my enemies. Enemy or Ally intervention is only allowed when trying to keep the A.I. from running off the rails, or relates to Faction in some fashion.

“It was a typical morning, when I was asked if I wanted to join the Axis powers. I hadn’t had my coffee yet so it was habit and not brains that I accepted the offer; after all, it was 1937 and I had 4 more years to prepare for the greater war…right?”

Axis Victory plus Japan took North America...Completed

Last edited:
The Pacific Empire - A Japan BlackICE AAR

Japan
The Road to War 1936
The Pacific Empire
Playing with the BlackIce mod
Narrative/history book

'The Soul of Spain'
1936 Single Player Campaign as Nationalist Spain.
HoI3 Vers. 2.0 +SF
Started on 10/22/2014 (Oct. 22, 2014)
Main Goal : To use the AI to control the government functions while the player (me) controls the military units. Hope to win the Civil War and survive as a whole till the end of the game.
Link : https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...r-HoI3-AAR&p=18264147&viewfull=1#post18264147

Completed - in game August 5th 1949 - Real Life 2/20/2016. Reason it was completed - Axis Victory.

Summary - Don't let the AI totally control the government. It is horrible at it.

A Tournament of Shadows - Soviet AAR
By Didz

Note: This AAR has been created as a Steam Community Guide. As far as I know this is the first steam has been used to host a HOI3 AAR, or at least I've not found any others and so this is very much an experiment to see if its possible and allowed.
See: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605516691

Soviet AAR for Hearts of Iron III
Start Date:
1st January 1936.
Game Version: Hearts of Iron III - Their Finest Hour Expansion Version 4.02
Scenario: Standard 1936 The Road to War Scenario, Single Player, Normal Difficulty
Style: This AAR will use a combination of first person and “history book”-style narratives to tell the story.

Campaign Goal: To pursue the vision of the Third International and use all available means, including armed force, to overthrow the international bourgeoisie and progress the COMINTERN vision of world communism and the creation of an International Soviet Republic as the initial stage towards a complete abolition of the state.

Personal Goal: To enhance my gaming experience by immersing myself in the history of the period, researching the historical motivations and events portrayed and presenting an enjoyable reading experience for my readers.

House rules to be employed in the playing of this game.
1. No cheating.
2. Nothing too gamey.
3. Ignore the benefits of hindsight and my historical knowledge of world events as far as humanly possible.
4. Have as much fun as possible.

As a case in point I am going to try and forget that WW2 ever happened.

'Peace for our time'
On 30 September 1938, two years after the start date of this game, British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain announced confidently that 'we shall have peace for our time'.

Of course we all know that he was wrong. But there is no justification for assuming that Stalin and the other members of the Soviet leadership had any clearer insight into the storm that was heading their way. And yet, players of Hearts of Iron 3 typically begin planning for the start of WW2 from the 1st January 1936.

I'm going to try not to do that, or at least not to make it too obvious.

Work on this AAR began on Thursday 21st January 2015.

Notes to readers:
I am more than happy to discuss the content of this AAR, and the history behind it in a polite and civilised manner.

However, please be aware that this is just a game and the opinions expressed in the narrative are intended to be in keeping with the attitudes of the characters portrayed and in the interests of making it a good story and are not necessarily my own.

Revenge of the Dragon is currently postponed indefinitely due to a combination of boredom/wanting to trying something fresh in East Asia, thanks to all who tagged along for my first HoI3 AAR :) Japan, US and UK have been smashed at sea, with the Red Bear being savaged but still in the fight (With no way to beat China however, considering it's massive manpower advantage) maybe my next adventure will fix that if I decide for the Hokushin strategy in Mirai Kessen - An Alternate Japanese Empire

Version: TFH 4.02
Start Date: July 1st, 1940 (Ingame) April 6th, 2016 (RL)
Difficulty: Hard
Style: Narrative/Alt-History/Gameplay, with some of cynical-sardonic wit/dark humor mixed in.
Custom Game, with 36 extra base IC, Super Type A Cruisers, Tanks, Paratroopers, Submarines and the like.

Steel Carnage
multiplayer AAR

Starting date: Sept 1938
TFH - Carnage Mod
Style: Hard and Bloody

A young man’s war at a desk

Start Date: Custom start in 1936
Game: HOI 3 TFH without mods
Difficulty: Normal difficulty

This will be a historically plausible AAR written as a diary.

"A history of World War II by those who lived it" is concluded as of 30 May.