• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And here it comes. Out of my vault.

Attachments

• HoI3ArmyOrganizerSetup_0.9.08.zip
    938,8 KB · Views: 335
Reactions:
Reactions:
I got a virus warning when I tried to download HoI3ArmyOrganizerSetup_0.9.08.zip, so had to abandon it.

However, I have installed the Army Restructuring Tool, although at the minute it's not working as it can't find any of my saved games.

Do they have to be in a specific place?

I do not know about the saved games issue with ART. I haven't used it in ages and don't remember much about it at all.

Re: the virus alert.
It's a false positive. That's been a thing for a year or so now. Report it to your AV company and you should get a fix in a day or so.

HoI3 Army Organizer tool

Hello Forum Friends,

I learned that this thread is some years, however in order to keep things together – as well as well to help others, I will reuse it.

I am using the ART (Army Restructuring Tool) for HoI 3. This week I found information, on the HoI3 Army Organizer tool, and wish to try it out.

However after installing it, it will not start. I have tried several ideas in order to get it to start, like testing different Windows compatibility modes, running it as an administrator, and more. Not possible so far.

Question 1: Has anyone here been able to use the HoI3 Army Organizer on Windows 11 or 10? How in such a case?

Q2: Are there anymore of these interesting tools, except for the two I am mention here, for HoI 3?

Looking forward to your replies! :)

As far as I know, both are dead. They aren't really that necessary anymore since Pdox added treeview and then a 2nd treeview for OOB organization so it's pretty simple to do it all in-game now.

• 2Like
Reactions:
As far as I know, both are dead. They aren't really that necessary anymore since Pdox added treeview and then a 2nd treeview for OOB organization so it's pretty simple to do it all in-game now.

I appreciate your time, GarfunkeL.

Background: I have spent several days to find a solution. :)

Yes, I agreed that the added feature in HOI 3 solves several of the same functions. However, what I am missing and want to perform is to reorganize my OOBs geographically, regarding brigades and divisions. Which the HoI 3 manuals also highly recommend.

ART and I can perform this today for OOB brigades. Is geographical repositioning of brigades and divisions feasible? (I will be happy if it is.) It is my understanding that the internal tool demands the units to be in the same province.

THE CHALLENGE:

1) So what I need is a tool or other method for a user-friendly geographical repositioning of the OOBs divisions and bridges, which is best practice. I have spent several days to find a solution. :)

ART solves the latter part.

2) It would be pleasant to learn if someone has gotten HoI3 Army Organizer to work for Windows 10 and 11. Especially, since Paradox wiki and other users suggest the tool. I would like to test drive the designer's work, to honor him.

Friends: Suggestions, tools, methods, scripts – regarding geographical repositioning of OOB divisions and bridges, are highly appreciated!

I see - sorry, what you want is not feasible in-game and you would need an external tool to do it. It is possible via savegame editing but doing that manually is extremely cumbersome and not recommended as there is a great risk of messing things up badly.

Unfortunately I cannot advise any further regarding those two tools.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Speaking as someone who has done pretty extensive save game editing: it's a chore. Big chore.