• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok I'm in. Prefer not to play Soviets or USA but I will if no one else wants to. If theres enough players I'll play Romania, Hungary or Manchukuo (if unpuppeted by Japan). Permission to maybe change land doctrines if I'm not a major country though (probably infiltration assault). I'm probably a good HoI2 player but haven't played MP before so is there any major screwups that are best avoided as Axis/Allied as some of the SP tactics won't work?

I'm out of town sunday week though so it may be better if I'm a 1941 country if the war breaks out in the 2nd session. After that its all good and I shouldn't miss any sessions and if I do I'll let people know in advance.

Dumb question. How do you get on gameranger and find the right game/lobby whatever to join? I don't usually lplay PC games online.

its easy, at the right time you have to be logged in gr then find room for hearts of iron (usually there are just one or two :D ) with host like geofactor, or me or mighty g easily the room with name reminding this forum :)

Should we hold off on starting for another week to see if we get a few more sign ups?

If not, we need to elect a GM. Unless your all happy to have me as GM for this game, in which case we should move onto nation assignments.

Ok I've hopefully sorted everything and set the alarm clock for 5:50am tomorrow morning and I'm using the same name. Do you get some time at the start of the game (1st/2nd) of January to sort everything out?

I think maybe i was not 100% clear on the time for this. Im used to dealing with CET time and so i appologise if i might of confused you......

Game to played on the 16th at 1800CET....

Which is 3am Monday morning in Australia. 6Am NZ

In any event im thinking it may be best to hold this game off till next week and maybe get some more sign ups?

**Zardnaar, i do appologise as i might have posted confusing information. Me, pepsi and GEO allready play in an ongoing game tomorrow morning (3am Saturday my time, some 7.5 hours from the time of this post). The game is in 1941 with about 10 or so players.

Im sure if you were here and in Game ranger you could surely join in with us,

If monday morning is out of the question for you we can always try to find a better time to play this session. Perhaps Saturday 3am Ausie time, which would be Friday 1800CET.

Again sorry if this has confused you im just so damn used to using EURO time. :( If youve allready gone to bed though witht he intention to be up bright and early, like i said there is an ongoing game to jump into and get your feet wet in MP.

Last edited:
Yeah I figured something like that. Monday is no good really as I have uni at 10am. Could probably do 3 hours? Also had a crack on GR and I'm figuring it out.

3 hours is ok for a first session to get all the boring stuff out of the way.

Lets see if the others want to commence this week or next, and if they want to shift days (for next week) so that it is more flexible?. (i shift work and work nights so im very flexible in any event)..

There just inst enough Aussies and Kiwis around to play this game anymore. We use to have big community unfortunantly the Eure boys have to take us in these days :p......... otherwise we could play at more realistic times of the day ;l

Last edited:
i am ok with this sunday, but have question...

i want to play sssr but iam not sure about the time german can declare war on me, from the rules he can declare on me from beggining just pulling USA to dow half year earlier ? cause in rules is writen that nap have to be honoured but mantioned only nap from molotov ... so how is it if he dont propose molotov i can attack him in 39 and we have war from 39 or he can declare even earlier or he has to go historicly and can declare on me just on 1st january 41 ? its quite important if you count with early war or late war, different strategies ...

Germany can Dow whenever they like post Danzig. It is upto Germany and USSR to negociate this via means of Trade and MR pact.

Not to mention the baltic nations and Finland.

Lodo, np therell be a seat free

i can also play USA and germany so my priorities is SSSR, USA, Germany for the choice of seets

to agreements so if i arrange agreement with germany at 36, announce it publicly it has to be honored no metter what happens next ? lige germany or me feeling the right time come earlier and dishonor the agreement verbal ?

I'll be there tomorrow in case of we play.