• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hauptmann

First Lieutenant
3 Badges
May 8, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
HoI2 old hand here, recently started playing AOD version 1.12 RC1 after it rotted in my Steam library for years for no good reason. To get a bit of a hang on battles again I'm playing some of the HoI2 pre-made scenarios that come with the game, like Operation Husky and Desert Fox.

At this point my main question is whether the dev team revised / modified / altered any of those standard scenarios from earlier HoI2 versions? I last played them in Armaggeddon. If they were revised, what are the changes? Where could I find some information on the changes? I searched extensively but could not find anything valuable.

I noted playing Husky that the AOD Artillery Bombardement was available. However, in Desert Fox this option was never available as an attacking/supporting option. So maybe some scenarios were changed and others not? Thanks for some hard info.

I may confuse you but as i know all small scenarios don't revised for AOD, there just include all new general options that added in game - new mission, support system - this very critical in Doomsday scenario. Unbalanced scenario that after nuclear bomb in Moscow soviets army will always crushed (but seem it truth). Other scenarios have normal balance (exception for me - Watchtower - i dont know how win this since HoI2).

Hello Vilochka, thank you very much for the reply. Yes yes, I know that the general gameplay has changed in AOD. That is OK. I was really thinking only about specific changes in the small scenarios, like changed army composition, events and effects, global rules changes. So it seems they did nothing with those game files.