• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Plans for BETA 6 revised

Due to lack of time I had for this project in the past month and coming holiday (starting next Friday), I have to reconsider my plans for next release of IOM. Most probably, I'll work on it during weekend, since I can't expect to have much time/energy for it during the next week. And I want to keep the word I gave you, so changes to the plan will include following:
  • I'll concentrate on new functions (mostly data-oriented)
  • return of sea zones IDs
  • more map modes (manpower, resources, etc.)
  • if I had some extra time, I'd implement saving of your latest settings, so you get it remebered when you load the page next time

BETA 6 may be out sometimes during this Sunday.

Last edited:
BETA 5 Revision 2 Released

I'd consider it unjust to call new realease BETA 6, since there are really no new things, so I call it 'Revision 2 of BETA 5'. I may pull it forward a bit during the week yet, but that's w/o promise.

What was added/changed in BETA 5 Revision 2:
  • Map modes are now 10, including manpower or resources map modes.
  • You can choose from different color scales for each (almost) map mode
  • sea zone IDs are displayed again

I'll try to do the following during this week until I leave for a recreation:
  • Optimize color scales, they are too generic now
  • add posibility to display legend for color scales
  • add data extension to the map (provinces, countries, summaries, etc.)
  • and finally maybe add previously mentioned possibility to save your last settings

I've not move it forward as much as I wanted to, but BETA 6 should be more of an advancement. I'll try to complete BETA 6 by the mid September. Maybe beginning of that month, we will see.

small update

I've made just one little thing, but quite important IMHO. The IOM is now displaying legend for color coding where appropriate. It looks like this:
scale1.jpg
or
scale2.jpg

First figure is for default infrastructure color coding, second describes Starfire Colors.

Suggest anything you might have regarding this (and not only this), I'll try to do yet some changes till I leave for holiday.

Last edited:
update

I've worked a bit on the color coding scales for different map modes. Check it, I've completely reworked almost every color scale (all except default infra, old default infra and sure I hadn't touch Starfire Colors). Hope you like it. :)

Notice

I'm leaving for holiday tomorrow. I'll be away for up to two weeks. I'll have limited access to the internet so I may take all that time till I respond to your posts here. Bear it in mind. All your replies are valuable for me and I'll respond for sure. If not immediately, it is because of conditions mentioned above.

Thanks for understanding

Daniel

Very nice tool, I use it a lot. I just noticed something odd, however:

rhodescapital1qu.jpg

What's that capital symbol doing in Rhodes? That's not the capital of anything. That's an Italian island in 1936, and Rome has a capital symbol (as it should), so you've got an extra one in there.

Permanganate said:
What's that capital symbol doing in Rhodes? That's not the capital of anything. That's an Italian island in 1936, and Rome has a capital symbol (as it should), so you've got an extra one in there.
I'll check it and repair. Seems there is too much info in the database :)

When I come back to the map after viewing it, it will go back to the same view that I was looking at last time. Is there a quick way to get back to the initial default view?

AndersSchm said:
When I come back to the map after viewing it, it will go back to the same view that I was looking at last time. Is there a quick way to get back to the initial default view?
No, currently not. But I'll do something about it.

Rhodes separatistic tendencies were dealt with. :) Thanks for the report Permanganate

Lord Ederon said:
No, currently not. But I'll do something about it.

Rhodes separatistic tendencies were dealt with. :) Thanks for the report Permanganate

Perhaps a map mode to show the provinces for countries that are releasable would be possible?

Jack99 said:
Perhaps a map mode to show the provinces for countries that are releasable would be possible?
Sure, it is possible. I'll add it to the schedule.

I just want to announce I'm currently doing some changes to the database to allow more options and flexibility for maps. As an example, it shall allow:
  • scenario specific terrain data (i.e. each scenario/mod could have different terrain map)
  • scenario/mod specific resources, manpower, etc. data
  • view national provinces
  • view possible revolter countries

Last edited:
I've finished transfer of the Domain of Lord Ederon together with all utilities it hosts to the new domain name - http://www.ederon.net. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks

Something like that would be really nice and it may be implemented in the future. For now we'll have to switch between scenarios manually. I can keep more Monday Game session snapshots there though, to enable us to compater them.

I've made few updates, let me know what you think of it. More features will follow once bugs of this release are solved.

http://maps.ederon.net/hoi2iom.aspx

EDIT:
Know issues:
locate province featrue doesnt work. Avoid this textbox/button.

Last edited:
Lord Ederon said:
EDIT:
Know issues:
locate province featrue doesnt work. Avoid this textbox/button.
Fixed. You can now use this feature again without breaking it apart.