• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aboikos

Recruit
22 Badges
Oct 16, 2015
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
I recently bought HoI2 Complete to relive old adventures. Well, it doesn't work. Neither does Arsenal of Democracy.

The video runs, then I get a glimpse of the Yalta Conference image of the three stooges, but then it crashes, letting me now that "Hearts of Iron 2 has stopped working".

I have looked all over the intzerweb to no avail and Paradox is no help either - merely directing me to this forum.

I play (or try to) via steam from a very new very capable laptop on win8 with Nvidia graphics.

I have already tried the "play in compatibility mode" suggestions in other threads.

I asume steam updates the game automatically with patches and updates?

I hope you can and will help, as paradox clearly cant be bothered with individual user support. If not Ill have to learn how to ask for a refund... :( I really love this game though...

Thanks-

Just wanted to let people know I'm suffering from the exact same problem. Works whether I use my old anthology discs or the new GOG version. Any suggestions? Like the OP, I have tried the common fixes (compatibility mode, etc.). Thanks.

Just to ask the obvious quesions:

Did you
- install the game OUTSIDE the folder that newer Windows versions try to protect? e.g. NOT in C:\Programs...
but rather in e.g. D:\Games\Hearts of Iron\...
- try to run the game using adminstrator rights
- update the game with the newest patch if it is not already updated?
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/latest-patch-is-1-3a.180788/

If using a Steam version sync your steam account with the Paradox forum for those that did not already do it:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...team-account-to-sync-your-owned-items.894506/

I really don't understand. I don't think win8 has a good win7 system. Win8 might be the next vista system, and win8 systems are too cumbersome
I recently bought HoI2 Complete to relive old adventures. Well, it doesn't work. Neither does Arsenal of Democracy.

The video runs, then I get a glimpse of the Yalta Conference image of the three stooges, but then it crashes, letting me now that "Hearts of Iron 2 has stopped working".

I have looked all over the intzerweb to no avail and Paradox is no help either - merely directing me to this forum.

I play (or try to) via steam from a very new very capable laptop on win8 with Nvidia graphics.

I have already tried the "play in compatibility mode" suggestions in other threads.

I asume steam updates the game automatically with patches and updates?

I hope you can and will help, as paradox clearly cant be bothered with individual user support. If not Ill have to learn how to ask for a refund... :( I really love this game though...

Thanks-