• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
pdaleboy16 said:
when i start a campaign it shows loading screen and says database mismatch
and crashes, any answers?
Not sure but maybe you havnt removed all the WW2 folders your meant to ?Follow the install guide very carefully i cant remember it all cleary .Did you make a fresh clean hoi install without other mods?Did you apply the no time limit properly this often causes mad crash at the start sometimes?
Also look through this whole TGW sub forum carefully because in my experiance if you look hard enough the answer is always someware here as everybody tends to experiance the same problems,If still not cool try to pm a moderator or Allenby at top of this link. In the end it will be worth it this is a great hoi mod :cool: ,if fact its more than a mod its a whole new game in many ways. :) Good Luck with your quest.

Theocide! It's possible that Tsar create Poland with only 3 provinces. Remember that he promised Poles some "autonomy" as an award for fighting for the Russian Empire (because there where some units in russian army: Legion Pułaski for example) but he never said about independent Poland. It's more posible then full-sized country. Thnx for TGW!!!

Bigh RI Joe said:
Could you tell me what version of HOI1 this mod works with? I extracted it into 1.06C and got a database error when I attempted to open the August 1914 scenario
I have always used TGW 1.1 with hoi1 1.06c with no problems?Are you sure you have removed all the hoi1 WW2 files that your meant to when installing TGW as this might be the source of your problem?

Ziff said:
TGW works with 1.06c?!?! I didn't think it would. Time to patch...

Get Patching :) Its a great fun Great War hoi1 mod !!!
It is essential to have hoi1 patched to 1.06c to install TGW 1.1 properly...

Once you have TGW 1.1 installed ,you should add my TGW sprite fix pack aswell...

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6047524#post6047524
Paradox Interactive Forums - TGW Tank/Plane Sprite Fix Pack!

You should also check out the brand new TGW1.1 addon mini-mod it has lots of New TGW events and historical tweaks ....

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6060086#post6060086
Paradox Interactive Forums - New Tgw Mini Mod!!!

Dr Rare

Thanks for the tips, Doc. I've been playing "vanilla" TGW for a while now, and grumbling to myself that I couldn't (or so I thought) play with the latest and greatest fixes and goodies. My wife is going to hate you........ :)

Dr Rare said:
Get Patching :) Its a great fun Great War hoi1 mod !!!
It is essential to have hoi1 patched to 1.06c to install TGW 1.1 properly...

Once you have TGW 1.1 installed ,you should add my TGW sprite fix pack aswell...

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6047524#post6047524
Paradox Interactive Forums - TGW Tank/Plane Sprite Fix Pack!

You should also check out the brand new TGW1.1 addon mini-mod it has lots of New TGW events and historical tweaks ....

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6060086#post6060086
Paradox Interactive Forums - New Tgw Mini Mod!!!

Dr Rare

War Widow's

Ziff said:
Thanks for the tips, Doc. I've been playing "vanilla" TGW for a while now, and grumbling to myself that I couldn't (or so I thought) play with the latest and greatest fixes and goodies. My wife is going to hate you........ :)

Apoligies to Mrs Ziff,shes a TGW(Great War) Widow now!!! ;)

Ziff said:
She'll get over it. Besides: it will leave her more time to watch the "All Men Suck Channel", the "Men Are Garbage Channel", and "The Weeping Chick Channel" on Directv. She has her vices, too. ;)

Classic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Centurio said:
And where's a mod? This link is bad =[[ :eek:
It is back now :) ,thanks to who ever fixed it it???

Without doubt one of the best hoi1 mods ever made.Still with work being added to it by the TGW mini-mod and the gfx fixit packs.
I am also working on a complete extras sprite set pack for it which adds separate new sprites for guards and light infantry for all majors and many minors in the game as well as adding many new cavalry and infantry sprite designs plus marines and bergsjaeger without ww2 automatic weapons and finally replacing the hoi1 ww2 Italian and Japanese sprites in the game with ww1 versions. :)

Dr

Well at least this came out alot quicker than 1914 is progressing :D

Excellent, Congratulations!!! :D