• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you have any mods installed?

We do not support user made mods, you should contact the maker of those mods for assistance.

HoI Platinum

Castellon said:
We do not support user made mods, you should contact the maker of those mods for assistance.

I deleted the game, did a defragmentation, and re-loaded the game. Now All I Have Loaded is HoI Platinum. No Mods and No patchs and it still does it. I did notice when I removed the game it left some files behind in the 'folder'.

I was going to loan some subs to the USA as Germany on send Expeditionary Force. When I click on that feature it crashes to the desk top. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
John

Not Able To Find

Castellon said:
Did you follow the manual uninstall instructions?
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=57457
Getting rid of some mods can be difficult.

I found and deleted everything except the below files. I couldn't find them?

InstallShield creates a directory where it keeps all the information on installed software. On my machine it is 'C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information'

'InstallShield Installation Information' is marked as hidden so to be able to find it you have to change folder options on you PC to show hidden files. Search for files containing 'Hearts' in this directory and you will find a file called 'setup.ini' with the following content:

[Startup]
AppName=Hearts of Iron
Engine=0
Copy=1
Source=0
[Languages]
Default=0x0009
count=1
key0=0x0009

On my PC this resides in: 'C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{A6F1BDF7-53A7-4AF6-84B9-0C51C722BC91}'. I'm not sure if the last directory name will be the same on all machines but I think so. Delete that directory and you will be able to make a clean install.

Did you run a search for "Hearts of Iron" in name or file?

Okay let's try some standard things.
1) Make sure you have the latest patch for the game.
2) Rename the AVI folder to AVI_back
3) Set the color depth to 16BIT
4) Turn off everything in the background like E-mail/ICQ/Messenger, Virus protection and everything in the system tray beside the clock.
5) Run a Virus check and a Adware/Spybot checker
6) Update your Windows, update your Video card drivers and audio card drivers. Then repeat steps 1-4.

Please run a DirectX Diagnostic:
Start menu –Run - then type Dxdiag, then select each tab across the top of the window, and run the tests on each tab. Then select “Save All Information” button in the lower right of the window. This will bring up a dialog box to allow you to select a name for the file where the information will be saved. You can save it right on the desktop as this will make it easy to find. Then copy the contents of that file from the start to the heading that says “DirectX components” then paste what you have copied into a post in this thread.

I don't rememember what patch comes on the disk, it should be in the corner of the screen when you start the main screen.
We do not support CORE and I know nothing about that user mod. YOu should contact the makers of that mod for advice.