• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ordoprinceps

Private
19 Badges
Jul 15, 2002
Visit site
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
HOI Platinum C.O.R.E. v85 patch problem

I have Hoi Platinum installed fine it came with C.O.R.E. v84 it works great. Every time I attempt to install v85 patch it doesn't work. I get a mismatch error what ever that means. Can anyone help with this? I did install to the same directory as instructed by C.O.R.E. and I do get one of those windos icons that is sort of white that dosen't have the C.O.R.E. icon on top of it as it should.

Ordoprinceps

Are you getting the error during the 0.85 install or when you try to run it? What is the exact text of the error message?

Let's move you to the CORE forum, so other can help and benefit from the answers.
*Moved

Steel mentioned something about the Platinum edition having an issue with 0.85. Apparently Paradox made the installer place CORE in the "core" direcory instead of a directory named "mod-CORE" and that clashes with the CORE 0.85 installation. They were trying to figure out soutions at http://hoi.coremod.org/.

ordoprinceps said:
I have Hoi Platinum installed fine it came with C.O.R.E. v84 it works great. Every time I attempt to install v85 patch it doesn't work. I get a mismatch error what ever that means. Can anyone help with this? I did install to the same directory as instructed by C.O.R.E. and I do get one of those windos icons that is sort of white that dosen't have the C.O.R.E. icon on top of it as it should.

Ordoprinceps

1 - Delete the existing \mod-CORE\ directory created by installing the v0.85 patch
2 - Rename the \core\ directory to \mod-CORE\
3 - Run the v0.85 installer again
4 - Use the new CORE v085 icon to start the game

C.O.R.E. v85 fix

Steel said:
1 - Delete the existing \mod-CORE\ directory created by installing the v0.85 patch
2 - Rename the \core\ directory to \mod-CORE\
3 - Run the v0.85 installer again
4 - Use the new CORE v085 icon to start the game

Thansk Steel this is perfect works great! :) This really should be posted on the CORE site.
Ordoprinceps

ordoprinceps said:
Thansk Steel this is perfect works great! :) This really should be posted on the CORE site.
Ordoprinceps
Yeah, I updated the Downloads page after your post jogged my memory :) Now anybody going there to download v0.85 will hopefully see the extra instructions.

Appreciate your work

Steel said:
Yeah, I updated the Downloads page after your post jogged my memory :) Now anybody going there to download v0.85 will hopefully see the extra instructions.

Your a good man Steel and your work is greatly appreciated!
Anything new coming up? Sprites etc?

CORE 0.91 and HOI 1 Platinum

Just in case someone is listening...

I have just installed a copy of HoI Platinum, which I gather includes CORE .84. The instructions here are re 0.85, back from 2004; my question is what does one do to install 0.9/0.91 over the Platinum install? I ask 'cause the .90 version instructions say to install over 'vanilla' 1.06c, and I don't know if that means I just delete the 'core' folder and then run the .90 installer...

Many thanks...

bobby said:
Just in case someone is listening...

I have just installed a copy of HoI Platinum, which I gather includes CORE .84. The instructions here are re 0.85, back from 2004; my question is what does one do to install 0.9/0.91 over the Platinum install? I ask 'cause the .90 version instructions say to install over 'vanilla' 1.06c, and I don't know if that means I just delete the 'core' folder and then run the .90 installer...

Many thanks...
www.21vikings.dk/
try asking over at the core sight these form are also dead after HOI 2 came out... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ranger mike said:
www.21vikings.dk/
try asking over at the core sight these form are also dead after HOI 2 came out... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That site says this:
--------------
CORE - The Community Open Resource Exchange for Hearts of Iron 2

and

VIP - The Victoria Improvement Project for Victoria.
--------------

Are you saying no one plays HO1 C.O.R.E. anymore? Or no one answers questions here anymore?

PatrickL said:
That site says this:
--------------
CORE - The Community Open Resource Exchange for Hearts of Iron 2

and

VIP - The Victoria Improvement Project for Victoria.
--------------

Are you saying no one plays HO1 C.O.R.E. anymore? Or no one answers questions here anymore?
I still play core .just delete the core folder and desk top icons . Load vo.9 core pointed to your hearts of iron folder when loaded a core 0.9 icon will appear on your desk top then load core 0.91 pointed to your hoi folder.then another icon core 0.91.will be on your desktop aswell. :)
Then play. :cool:
Then get some stoney sprites. :D