• Hearts of Iron IV Survey

    Help us make HoI IV better by sharing your experiences in this 5 minute survey


  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

    The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.


    Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(10233)

Private
Jul 15, 2002
11
0
Visit site
HOI Platinum C.O.R.E. v85 patch problem

I have Hoi Platinum installed fine it came with C.O.R.E. v84 it works great. Every time I attempt to install v85 patch it doesn't work. I get a mismatch error what ever that means. Can anyone help with this? I did install to the same directory as instructed by C.O.R.E. and I do get one of those windos icons that is sort of white that dosen't have the C.O.R.E. icon on top of it as it should.

Ordoprinceps
 

jdrou

Field Marshal
73 Badges
Jun 10, 2002
24.118
379
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Are you getting the error during the 0.85 install or when you try to run it? What is the exact text of the error message?
 

Castellon

★Paradox Forum Manager★
Administrator
110 Badges
Mar 12, 2002
43.206
1.568
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Paradox Order
Let's move you to the CORE forum, so other can help and benefit from the answers.
*Moved
 

Gwalcmai

©
8 Badges
Mar 14, 2003
5.341
5
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
Steel mentioned something about the Platinum edition having an issue with 0.85. Apparently Paradox made the installer place CORE in the "core" direcory instead of a directory named "mod-CORE" and that clashes with the CORE 0.85 installation. They were trying to figure out soutions at http://hoi.coremod.org/.
 

Steel

Field Marshal
53 Badges
May 4, 2001
7.689
0
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
ordoprinceps said:
I have Hoi Platinum installed fine it came with C.O.R.E. v84 it works great. Every time I attempt to install v85 patch it doesn't work. I get a mismatch error what ever that means. Can anyone help with this? I did install to the same directory as instructed by C.O.R.E. and I do get one of those windos icons that is sort of white that dosen't have the C.O.R.E. icon on top of it as it should.

Ordoprinceps

1 - Delete the existing \mod-CORE\ directory created by installing the v0.85 patch
2 - Rename the \core\ directory to \mod-CORE\
3 - Run the v0.85 installer again
4 - Use the new CORE v085 icon to start the game
 

unmerged(10233)

Private
Jul 15, 2002
11
0
Visit site
C.O.R.E. v85 fix

Steel said:
1 - Delete the existing \mod-CORE\ directory created by installing the v0.85 patch
2 - Rename the \core\ directory to \mod-CORE\
3 - Run the v0.85 installer again
4 - Use the new CORE v085 icon to start the game

Thansk Steel this is perfect works great! :) This really should be posted on the CORE site.
Ordoprinceps
 

Steel

Field Marshal
53 Badges
May 4, 2001
7.689
0
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
ordoprinceps said:
Thansk Steel this is perfect works great! :) This really should be posted on the CORE site.
Ordoprinceps
Yeah, I updated the Downloads page after your post jogged my memory :) Now anybody going there to download v0.85 will hopefully see the extra instructions.
 

unmerged(10233)

Private
Jul 15, 2002
11
0
Visit site
Appreciate your work

Steel said:
Yeah, I updated the Downloads page after your post jogged my memory :) Now anybody going there to download v0.85 will hopefully see the extra instructions.

Your a good man Steel and your work is greatly appreciated!
Anything new coming up? Sprites etc?
 

unmerged(15461)

Sergeant
Mar 11, 2003
98
0
CORE 0.91 and HOI 1 Platinum

Just in case someone is listening...

I have just installed a copy of HoI Platinum, which I gather includes CORE .84. The instructions here are re 0.85, back from 2004; my question is what does one do to install 0.9/0.91 over the Platinum install? I ask 'cause the .90 version instructions say to install over 'vanilla' 1.06c, and I don't know if that means I just delete the 'core' folder and then run the .90 installer...

Many thanks...
 

unmerged(19841)

Lt. General
Sep 19, 2003
1.296
0
Visit site
bobby said:
Just in case someone is listening...

I have just installed a copy of HoI Platinum, which I gather includes CORE .84. The instructions here are re 0.85, back from 2004; my question is what does one do to install 0.9/0.91 over the Platinum install? I ask 'cause the .90 version instructions say to install over 'vanilla' 1.06c, and I don't know if that means I just delete the 'core' folder and then run the .90 installer...

Many thanks...
www.21vikings.dk/
try asking over at the core sight these form are also dead after HOI 2 came out... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 

unmerged(39876)

Sergeant
Feb 12, 2005
53
0
Ranger mike said:
www.21vikings.dk/
try asking over at the core sight these form are also dead after HOI 2 came out... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That site says this:
--------------
CORE - The Community Open Resource Exchange for Hearts of Iron 2

and

VIP - The Victoria Improvement Project for Victoria.
--------------

Are you saying no one plays HO1 C.O.R.E. anymore? Or no one answers questions here anymore?
 

Dr Rare

General
Mar 7, 2005
1.725
2
www.stonyroad.de
PatrickL said:
That site says this:
--------------
CORE - The Community Open Resource Exchange for Hearts of Iron 2

and

VIP - The Victoria Improvement Project for Victoria.
--------------

Are you saying no one plays HO1 C.O.R.E. anymore? Or no one answers questions here anymore?
I still play core .just delete the core folder and desk top icons . Load vo.9 core pointed to your hearts of iron folder when loaded a core 0.9 icon will appear on your desk top then load core 0.91 pointed to your hoi folder.then another icon core 0.91.will be on your desktop aswell. :)
Then play. :cool:
Then get some stoney sprites. :D