HoI IV Expansion Pass #1 now includes three expansions, not two

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This all well and good for they who ordered the FM edition; but will they who didn't now have to pay full DLC price for each DLC? Or will these smaller-than-originally-imagined DLCs have their prices lowered appropriately?

as an owner of the FM edition. i'm happy with this decision because it shows integrity in valuing consumers who did take a leap of faith and put down their money for expansions way ahead of time.

While i've been very vocal in my disagreement in what should be paid and what shouldn't be, i can respect this move by paradox a lot because it is treating the FM owners in a way that is more than fair. i will continue to disagree about paid blitz, and about any other paid feature i feel everyone should own, but @podcat thank you for this treatment of FM owners.

Reactions:
Three instead of just two is only really all we have said. I initially aimed for this one to be a big one, but due to stuff and a lot of time spent on the free 1.2 patch we felt it was a lot more fair to go smaller on the first one and expand the expansion pass to 3. That doesnt necessarily mean the next two will be smaller. We should have some more info on all this stuff as we get closer to expansion release to make it clearer, but we are still working out the details.

I don't understand how all of the stuff "Fixes = Non-Paid" versus features " New Content" in 1.2 could be termed using the word stuffed. I am getting into a bean counter but how much stuff in 1.2 was Fixes (That includes fixes to things so that the AI is more competent) versus what would be paid content. It's a fair question though I appreciate the increase in the expansion increase. :cool:

Reactions:
Am a fan of this :).

This all well and good for they who ordered the FM edition; but will they who didn't now have to pay full DLC price for each DLC? Or will these smaller-than-originally-imagined DLCs have their prices lowered appropriately?

PDS have discussed this in other threads - they have formulas about how much each DLC costs based on the number of major, medium and minor features, with cost components for each (with a feature being rated as major, medium or minor depending on how much work it takes, not what it looks like to us punters). My best guess is they'll keep doing the same thing with this. On the stream, the price given was 14.99, which is less than the likes of Rights of Man (19.99), so it sounds like the prices have been lowered in line with the relatively smaller size of the DLC (same story with the Leviathans story pack for Stellaris).

Reactions:
As Axe stated, the DLC prices are based on the content contained in the DLC, so the overall price should be about the same, just spread out over three dlcs instead of two.

Reactions:
As long as they're actual expansions with new features rather than what we used to consider patches. I have the FM too... because that's the way the games industry has gone. I like the game a lot but it is unfinished... so i can't say I like this support for an expansion policy for things that should have been part of the initial release. I won't be spending any more money on the game unless they release new content that really is worth considering an expansion, and not simply patching whats broken or obviously missing (that HOI2 or HOI3 did better)

Reactions:
As some one who as been very vocal about my disappointment about this game, and who Pre-ordered Field Marshal edition, I tip my hat and thank you for this. At least now I'll feel like I got more out of my $90.

This is a great move in the right direction.

Reactions:
As some one who as been very vocal about my disappointment about this game, and who Pre-ordered Field Marshal edition, I tip my hat and thank you for this. At least now I'll feel like I got more out of my $90.

This is a great move in the right direction.
Can people who disagree state why?

Can people who disagree state why?

people disagree because you are not getting more, you are getting approx the same as before, just spread-out over a longer time period - so you could actually say its worse for those of us who bought the FM version and better for Paradox as they keep your money for longer before having to provide you with the goods - hmmmm looks like my glass is still half empty

personally i'm underwhelmed about the DLC and am more interested in the patches to fix all the glaringly bad things about the game - and i don't just mean the ai - incremental ai improvements over time are fine for me as this is a very difficult thing (and an iterative process) to get right quickly

Reactions:
people disagree because you are not getting more, you are getting approx the same as before, just spread-out over a longer time period - so you could actually say its worse for those of us who bought the FM version and better for Paradox as they keep your money for longer before having to provide you with the goods - hmmmm looks like my glass is still half empty

personally i'm underwhelmed about the DLC and am more interested in the patches to fix all the glaringly bad things about the game - and i don't just mean the ai - incremental ai improvements over time are fine for me as this is a very difficult thing (and an iterative process) to get right quickly
It's not the same value, they stated the value will actually go up

Reactions:
So those who got the Field Marshal edition get all 3 expansions for free?
(guess who pre-bought it 2 months early!)

Hardly 3 expansions free since the FM edition cost more than the standard game.

It's not the same value, they stated the value will actually go up

Cost... not necessarily value. Kinda hard to guess that before we actually see what they're providing.

Reactions:
Hardly 3 expansions free since the FM edition cost more than the standard game.

Cost... not necessarily value. Kinda hard to guess that before we actually see what they're providing.
True, true, my bad. However with my limited experience with paradox dlc I would rather have a small medium and large dlc(or medium medium large, etc) than simply two large DLC's, UNLESS these two large ones were two extremely good DLC's