Confirmed HoI 4 - Ships using exactly 4 times their listed amount of supply. 1.11.1.f6bd (bf90)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tynicas

Recruit
Nov 24, 2021
Description of issue
Ships using exactly 4 times their listed amount of supply. 1.11.1.f6bd (bf90)

Game Version
1.11.1.f6bd (bf90)

Enabled DLC
Together for Victory, Death or Dishonor, Waking the Tiger, Man The Guns, La Resistance, No Step Back

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Description
When you look at a ships detail, it lists an amount of supply required. For instance, .10 for a starting heavy cruiser in Japan. However, when you look at a fleet containing that ship in the f4 supply mode mouseover, then that ship requests .40 supply while in port (x4 amount). Holds true for all ships as best I can tell after some experimenting. My guess would be that one of the two values is misreported. This along with ships not drawing from supply hubs, but only using state supply makes ships very hard to get at full supply with Japan.

Steps to Reproduce
Check detail tooltip for ships and then check f4 supply mode. Different values appear.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 20211124124958_1.jpg
    20211124124958_1.jpg
    651,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211124125015_1.jpg
    20211124125015_1.jpg
    650,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Nice one :) It may be a coincidence, but when I was going through the defines yesterday, I noticed in NNavy (the bit about navy):

1637891857368.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Nice one :) It may be a coincidence, but when I was going through the defines yesterday, I noticed in NNavy (the bit about navy):

View attachment 778510
I would bet that is what is causing it. I wonder if that define was used for easy scaling of the bonus/malus in testing (instead of having to go in and change each ship type individually) and then they either haven't settled on a final value yet, or did settle on this value, but didn't update the variables. Thanks for finding it!

Personally, after limited playtime, it seems to be a somewhat high supply need currently when compared to infantry divisions and airplanes, but that could be lack of time with new system on my part. I don't generally think of a heavy cruiser as using more non-fuel supply than 2 regiments of infantry.

Reactions: