• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope HOI3 has EU3-style dynamic AI (a la IN, where is seems creepily intelligent sometimes) w/ HOI style events to make sure we have a war and its preceding causes.

SirGrotius said:
I hope HOI3 has EU3-style dynamic AI (a la IN, where is seems creepily intelligent sometimes) w/ HOI style events to make sure we have a war and its preceding causes.
Arrrrghhhh!!!!

NO!!!!

Please do not use EU3-esque generic AI for HoI... :(

Please DO use a balance between specific AIs and fine-tuned dynamic (generic) AIs

Germany should have a specific AI while the situation remain historical, but if Hitler is dead and Germany has been couped to communist, they should load up a generic communist AI or something.

mandead said:
Arrrrghhhh!!!!

NO!!!!

Please do not use EU3-esque generic AI for HoI... :(
Why not? IMO the Eu3-AI in In Nomine is superb.

I honestly believe Adolf should have his own personality, but ultimately you can't have AI personalities for every possible leader or leader trait.

But if you use dynamic AI,you can probably make two AI countries - one communist with a smiling oilsman and one communist with a silent workhorse - feel very different.

Guillaume HJ said:
I honestly believe Adolf should have his own personality, but ultimately you can't have AI personalities for every possible leader or leader trait.
I'd bet that you could, given enough work - they design the engine, after all.

Personalities/AIs assigned to heads of state/government and not nations would be interesting, if not incredible.

IIRC, HOI ai wasn't as adept at reacting to unexpected threats. For instance, as the UK, I could land easily in Northern Germany and race over to Berlin and bypass the whole France thing. But I agree this dynamism should have specific tendencies by country to give them that flavor. For instance, Germany might go Sea Wolf, or massive Infantry, or Mobile Armor, but not always the same way.

I Knew It Was Gonna Be Hoi3 And I Told You All! Seriously, I just saw this forum title to HoI3 and I crapped my pants. brb toilet paper