• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Step 2. January, 16 1562 - subjugated them and regained former Hohenzollern (Hessian) Land

I like this - straying from your peaceful ways to liberate Hohenzollern territory :)

As wished i end my update with a political map of Ansbach and its neighbours.

That's actually the diplomatic map. It definitely is helpful for the big picture - arguably more so than a political map. Still, a political map (the one that you usually play with, but zoomed out like this diplomatic map) would be good to see.

Yay for HRE! And overall really good progress and nice update.

That's actually the diplomatic map. It definitely is helpful for the big picture - arguably more so than a political map. Still, a political map (the one that you usually play with, but zoomed out like this diplomatic map) would be good to see.

here you go... I misread the postings thinking you want a diplomatic map :cool:

UO0001.jpg

Massivo Milano!

Interesting Aragon, by the way.
They profited from a grumbling france. They never took a province from france itself, just from released nations.

there is both holland and netherlands? :D
Yes i hate it ^^ ... It's like England revolting from Great Britain. I think there are some events removing such cores but i don't have this events. (if i remember it correctly jordarkelf mentioned that he made such events for his own pleasure)

woah, Is that Prussia? woah.
These are reformed Teutons, Poland grumbles after the Horde has beaten lithuia and Teutons and Brandenburg where the winnners.

Massivo Milano!
I hope they start a war within the empire, i want to release some nations ;)

which is the colour usurper at the same time!!! :)
Thats the reason why i want to release some nations, our border looks strange ;)

Chapter 10 - 1562 - 1574

The first move of of Leopold Friedrich as emperor was to hire a diplomat to decrease our infamy
1562.jpg

Being a Patron of Arts isn't that easy all the time.
1563.jpg

Brittanny is suicidal. We emptied their treasury at the end of the war.
1563-nov.jpg

Our ruler died in 1464 and a regency council takes over. The electors stayed loyal to our dynasty.
1564.jpg

Having a child as ruler Denmark tried their best to weaken the empire. We decided to protect Holstein.
1565.jpg

While war is on rampage within our realm some nobles recognized Hohenzollern claims to Osnabrück.
1566.jpg

The danish invaders where beaten in November in the battle of Holstein.
1566-dec.jpg

They instantly signed a peace giving us money and releasing the kingdom of Hansa.
1566-dec2.jpg

3 years later our price of the imperal wars for Hohenzollern Leadership was ready, a university mainly build from tributes payed to us in peace deals.
1569.jpg

In 1570 something strange happened, Gumbrecht died without anybody noticing him passing away, the only thing happening was a new heir of our dynasty. (I just got a new heir but no message of Gumprechts fate appeared.)
1570.jpg

The nobles of our regenecy council enacted Grand Army. You can also see our Sliders in 1570. (Another NI focusing on hidden effects giving us events with +2 quality.)
NI.jpg

Our nobles suggested to free our brethren, we accepted to carry out this mission when Karl Alexander is old enough to lead a war.
1573.jpg

And here is me screwing up. I planned to make the AAR interactive. I wanted you to decide if i side with the empire or my family ties to the Hohenzollern branch in France, Empire or Family. Normally call to arms are saved, too. But normally means they are just saved if you don't open the notifier :confused:.
Long story short. The save is on the point where i received the call to arms. If somebody tells me how to mod the save correctly to side with one faction we can still have a vote for fighting on one of both sides.
If not there is a war within the empire withour our involvment. Both call to arms just disappeared in the save, so the war started without me ;)
1574.jpg

Dont know about the modding, but I would side with the empire. Family gets good again.

Dont know about the modding,
I know that i have to change the "active wars part at the end of the savegame, but i don't know if this is enough ... and i don't know where to break the alliance with france, seems strange to be still allied besides being in a war ... and the third thing that i don't know if there is something else to change so that the war outcome will benefit me as emperor ;)

Are you going to try some imperial reforms?
I will enact "gemeiner pfennig". I planned to go till "erbkaisertum", "the privilegia" and "renovatio" are both to strong and would unbalance the game.
But "ewiger landfriede" seems ridiculus giving me 20% higher stability cost and -5% land tradition, so i tend to stop after enacting "gemeiner pfenning"

Cool AAR. :)

I believe that the edit that you suggest is quite hard to do. Maybe if some expert happens to come along. Anyway, I think you should just continue playing and remember this if you have such a situation in the future.

Cool AAR. :)
Welcome. :)

I believe that the edit that you suggest is quite hard to do. Maybe if some expert happens to come along. Anyway, I think you should just continue playing and remember this if you have such a situation in the future.
I tried another aproach and it worked, i don't mod the war, i modded the calls to arms in again
Code:
callaction=
    {
        type=0
        actor="AUV"
        recipient="ANS"
        date="1574.7.6"
        value=yes
        last_command_date="1574.7.6"
        versus="FRA"
        replace=yes
    }
callaction=
    {
        type=0
        actor="FRA"
        recipient="ANS"
        date="1574.7.6"
        value=yes
        last_command_date="1574.7.6"
        versus="AUV"
        replace=yes
    }

You can vote on one of both calls till Friday 15th 16:00 Forum time.

At the moment siding with auvergne has a 2:0 lead ;)

I tried another aproach and it worked, i don't mod the war, i modded the calls to arms in again

Ahh, smart!

One more vote for Auvergne ;)