• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice, Ansbach was my first country. Unified all of Germany until a French/Polish alliance tore it apart. Then I learned to manage Infamy :p
You've learned your lesson the hard way

I will follow this if you follow mine;)

Actually, I didn't notice that the claims stop when you get an heir.That could have been useful earlier.
I'm following ;)
And marrying without heir is suicidal killing your relations with the world

Chapter 4 - 1446 - 1463

Johan Georgs Reign started with the decision to build a cathedral to worship and ... to attract some tourist in times to come
UO0020.jpg

One Year of the famed Ansbach Philosophers School
UO0021.jpg

And our Patronage of Arts attracts innovative minds and artists
UO0023.jpg

In 1449 another Hohenzollern Branch is introduced to the world.
1449.jpg

Nooooo! :eek:
UO0025.jpg

And then something i haven't expected happend ... in 1450 another branch was born... besides the fact that we had no marriage with hungary ;)
1450.jpg

In 1451 the trend of having a Hohenzollern ruler finds fans in denmark too
1451.jpg

Hohenzollern dominance is ensured in 1456 or to say it in another way ... weeeeeee!!
UO0028.jpg

The state of central Europe in 1463, green dots are Hohenzollern Branches, yellow dots show extincted Hohenzollern Branches
UO0029.jpg

You can also see my sliders and you can see that there a slot open for another idea. I thought about curch attendance duty to enable Iconography, but other proposals are welcome.
The Ansbach Philosophers School earns us loads of money. Within the next 10 years we will be able to build our own COT =)
And i introduce a new rule... I can Claim thrones of countries with former hohenzollern branches to bring these lands back into the familys patrimony

Last edited:
Brandenburg first? :p

Also, do you think building a CoT so close to The Hansa is a good idea? Won't it just stagnate and disappear?

Resitance would appear to be futile - whoever hosts the Hohenzollern family gatherings had better have a big castle. ;)
And how old was your heir when he got himself killed hunting?

In my spare time game as Ansbach, the weirdest thing has happened. Right now its 1424, and I own every single Bavarian province. What happened was, I helped the Palatinate in a war against Bavaria, and took Schwaben. Now to the interesting

1. I spawned patriot rebels in Franken, but they were beaten to fleeing by Bohemian armies passing through.
2. They seize the two Wurzburg territories, and they defect to me.
3. after an eventless war with bavaria, I spawn patriots in Franken. They are beaten up by the palatinate, and the rebels instead conquer the remaining bavarian territories, and they defect to me.
4. It happened again with Wurttemberg.
5. Mainz DoWs the Palatine vassal Baden.
6. I vassalize Mainz, but theyre still at war with the palatinate, so I gain a casus belli on them.
7. I take Ftanken from Palatinate, as well as releasing Alsace. Alsace are going to be in a personal union with me at the moment, and I became emperor, when the Bohemian king passed, and Denmark and Mecklenburg started a succesion war. That meant that the Bohemian regency council lost all of its 6 out of 7 votes, and I got 4 out of 7.
8. Happy Me!!!!!

Brandenburg first? :p

Also, do you think building a CoT so close to The Hansa is a good idea? Won't it just stagnate and disappear?
The Hansa is dead, conquered by the danish branch of the hohenzollern. Without the Hansa i'm confident that my COT will survive

Resitance would appear to be futile - whoever hosts the Hohenzollern family gatherings had better have a big castle. ;)
And how old was your heir when he got himself killed hunting?
I just introduced him to the court, so he should have been something ~15

8. Happy Me!!!!!

You evil genius, patriot rebels are ... dangerous :)

Another Update will be online tomorrow

Chapter 5 - 1463- 1477

Our first decision was to enact Church Attendance Duty to enable Iconography. Through this decision our cultural lead within the world was ensured, Ansbach, a small but proud nation of beautiful minds.
UO0014.jpg

Welcome back to the family!
UO0020.jpg

We fulfilled our first goal and build our own CoT. Our monthly income jumps from ~2 to ~10, our fircelimit from 1 to 3 and all in all we are becoming more powerful.
UO0021.jpg

Short live King Karl Alexander I.
UO0023.jpg

Hey don't steal our ideas!
UO0024.jpg

In 1477 our wise decision to build a CoT made us powerful enough that the oldenburgian nobility sees sense and decides that Ansbach is a nicer place to live. You can also see that the Hohenzollern Branches of Wurtemberg and Brabant got extincted. This is based on the fact, that there neither Brabant nor Wurtemberg remains on the map, one got annexed by the netherlands and one by Bavaria. Denmark has a regency council after a pretender seiced Hohenzollern power.
UO0025.jpg

We reached our first 2 goals, now lets hope that we are powerful enough to form personal unions now instead of spreading hohenzollern branches ;)

Last edited:
wow are you lucky or is there a way to make all countries ruled by von Hohenzollerns?

If no other nation claims a throne and you have the highest prestige in the world another branch of your dynasty will start ruling countries without heir
if you are not powerful enough to start personal union (or direct inheriting) ... but besides this fact... yes i think the hohenzollerns where very lucky so far if it comes to inherting foreign crowns

edit1: even if there is a claim it is possible to that they are to weak, if a opm claims a much bigger nation there claim tends to be ignored also leading to a new ruling dynasty, normaly the dynasty of a country with a rm and high prestige (i'm nearly always at 100 prestige with the effect that in this game nearly every new dynasty is a hohenzollern one)

Last edited:
I had to change the last name of my heir, bacause even though his father, Albrecht II, was a Hohenzollern, he was a von Welf...

Ah, the Brandenburg son returns. :p :D

Hohenzollerns are everywhere :eek:
This AAR is called Hohenzollern Dominance, so hopefully we will spread even more

I had to change the last name of my heir, bacause even though his father, Albrecht II, was a Hohenzollern, he was a von Welf...
I prefer Wettin, just based on the fact that i was born and grew up in saxony :D

Ah, the Brandenburg son returns. :p :D
I wasn't that happy, because brandenburg was the only lost throne "weak" enough to recover for myself, hungary and denmark are far to strong to hold them in a personal union and wurtemberg and brabant are gone for good :/

This is AAR is one christmasbreak, i will garanty a new post on january 4th ... it is possible that i will be able to post another chapter sooner but i guaranty nothing ;)

As lonas it isnt a swedish dynasty:p

Congratulations on your CoT. Happy Christmas!

As promised a new reply after Christmas Break =)

Chapter 6 - 1477 - 1494 - The reign of Albrecht I von Hohenzollern

The Regency Council ruling instead of our beloved heir was mixed from both Oldenburgian and Ansbachian Nobles, this resulted in the acceptance of their culture besides the fact that everybody is a hohenzollern deep inside:
1477.jpg

In 1484 Albrecht I ruled all by himself, a diplomatic and adminstrative genius.
1481.jpg

Albrechts dilpomatic skill was admired throughout the empire with the effect, that the nobles of the newly born and reformed kingdom of cologne decided that they want such a precious king for themself.The result was a personal union between both countries (cologne was released via peace, rm and before anybody could claim their throne we formed an union ... lucky again ^^)
1484.jpg

Albrechts showed his adminstrative genius in 1488 when he introduced the Standardized scales and measures in the whole county.
1488.jpg

In 1489 we settled on a new national idea, thinking about hidden effects and the chance to get a social reform in the country. Looking at our sliders such a reform is needed, serfdom is not the hohenzollern way, we are no habsburgs at all
1489.jpg

1491 was a year filled with with destiny, glory and prevision. The traiterous Franz I Ickelrath rose as a Pretender in Brunswick and overthrow the rightful Hohenzollern branch in this country. We claimed the Hohenzollern throne for us and in the crucial battle of Brunswick the traiterous followers of Franz I Ickelrath where beaten by Albrecht I. Albrecht I. was in charge himself when a regiment of Ansbachian cavalry surrounded Franz I and captured him. He was decapitated for treason.
1491.jpg

Without a leader the revolt against Hohenzollern rule in Brunswick was supressed quickly and in 1492 the nobles swore allegiance to Albrecht I.
1492.jpg

In 1494 our beloved king died and his son took over the symbols of power. With the example of his father in mind he looked at new opportunities trough royal marriages but i haven't forgotten that the new dynasties in Hungary and Denmark are just pretenders, rebels against rightful Hohenzollern claims.
1494.jpg

Last edited:
How did you pull of the stunt with Cologne? I thought if they where released again they would be become a Bishopric again.

I'm not sure, i loaded as cologne and can say the following things. Köln was lost in 1424 to Burgundy, after that it changed ownership to flandern and since 1467 it belongs to Mainz. The Capital was changed to Westfalen as an result of losing Köln. In 1437 Münster annexed westfalen and so ended the archbishopry of cologne.
Now we start with the strange part i don't understand ^^ ... In 1461 Cologone declared independence from Münster ignoring the province of Köln and just being westfalen. The strange thing is that noone ever occupied the province of westfalen, it just got its independence. This is the reason why i suspected a "release nation" i don't see another way. but i think you can't release cologne without köln so i'm confused too and can not explain what happend exaclty ^^

Heeey, Update!!!!!!

I had an accident with save games, and now my Ansbach save is gone as well.

Oh well, I had already converted to Republicism.

That was rather a strange fate for the Bishopric of Cologne to rise as a Kingdom in Westfalen. I suspect some minor war which forced Münster to release Cologne again. Maybe a nation can be released in a fragmented form if the capital is moved and just giving it the lands it had after the move.