• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've been away for a bit and - nice work! Do you paln to place Hohenzollerns on every throne in Europe or just the HRE?

I would like to see your diplomatic status as well. Who do you have marriages with? Are you allied to anyone except the two personal unions? That sort of thing.
See for yourself ;)

Youre showing the "Berry annexed" pic twice.
fixed :cool:

The map of Europe was most helpful to see where you stand... it also shows how much non-Hohenzollern Europe there is still to bring to the fold :D
done ^^

I've been away for a bit and - nice work! Do you paln to place Hohenzollerns on every throne in Europe or just the HRE?
I'm not sure, i'm going to play with the current houserules till i get bavaria back into the family, after that i decide if i stick to the rules or change them to add some challenges.

i wouldn't mod Landfriede, you did fine when your were a nonenity, you'll do fine as a European power now despite the crippling effects of Landfriede, but for it you wouldn't have become hereditary anyway, would you?
So i'll keep it. I just become hereditary for role playing purposes, it seemed the right step to take if Hohenzollerns want to dominate.

Based on the fact that im pretty busy right now (Exams period is knocking on my door) i update by answering open question and showing a state of the world in 1625.

The state of Anbach and the world in 1625

We start our little tour with a view of Anbach and our vassals /Pus
ansbach.jpg

Our diplomatic situation.
diplo.jpg

The state of the Empire, ruled by us.
empire.jpg

And here are provinces under direct ansbachian rule.
province.jpg

Our income per year.
income.jpg

And here are some pies.
pie.jpg

Religious diversity in europe.
religion.jpg

And the current Hohenzollern Branches.
hohen.jpg

Central Europe.
europe.jpg

Looking at the nations statics we are strong.
nations.jpg

very strong:D
armies.jpg

The trade centers of the world, we are just trading in Hohenzollern Lands.
trade.jpg

And, to conclude this overview the state of the world in 1625
world.jpg

Yay! Pie!

Castille and Portugal are gonna war big time. Dont ally them. Seriously.

Yay! Pie!

Castille and Portugal are gonna war big time. Dont ally them. Seriously.
If someone of them becomes Hohenzollern i might ally him ... but they want even marry my beautiful daughters at the moment, so there is just a small chance.

What is going on with the British Isles?? Scotland's border half way down England, Cornwall an independent nation and Ireland almost united. It looks like England has moved to Ireland or is that GB?
The red thing in Ireland is Aragon, Spain inherited England, Scotland is in its "natural" borders

Did Brandenburg get that big on it's own or did you help them?
They got that big without my help.

Thanks for the overview. Who is that in Beothuk, New Foundland on the first map?

Is that Castille in Southern England?

I do believe its Brabant.
right

How did you get and keep 100 prestige early on as a OPM? I play as Saxony sometimes and my prestige always hovers around 0.
You have to pay Philosophers for that. There are also some cultural decisions giving prestige, so it wasn't a real problem ... ah and i started with 4.0 and patron of arts (changed in 4.1 from +2 prestige to + 3 cultural tradition)

And now the announcement... This AAR is on hold ... exams period starts on monday and so I have to learn (more than last week ^^). The last exam will take place on 1.3. so it will be a long pause ;)

If someone of them becomes Hohenzollern i might ally him ... but they want even marry my beautiful daughters at the moment, so there is just a small chance.

The red thing in Ireland is Aragon, Spain inherited England, Scotland is in its "natural" borders

They got that big without my help.

right

You have to pay Philosophers for that. There are also some cultural decisions giving prestige, so it wasn't a real problem ... ah and i started with 4.0 and patron of arts (changed in 4.1 from +2 prestige to + 3 cultural tradition)

And now the announcement... This AAR is on hold ... exams period starts on monday and so I have to learn (more than last week ^^). The last exam will take place on 1.3. so it will be a long pause ;)

Oh.......

Thats all right. Its nit that I sit at my PC every day, waiting for you to update.....:(

Right, I'll be back when you are ;)

Congratulations on your achievements - best of luck in your exams!

Mission accomplished
I decided to close the chapter of Hohenzollern Dominance based on this facts:
1.) I reached my goals stated in the first posting, i established the CoT, became emperor and made the Title hereditarily. Having Brabant on our "countries we are going to inherit list" will give us richer provinces then we own now finally ensuring eternal Hohenzollern Dominance.
2.) I modded my game with the effect, that i have to reinstall it to apply 4.1c ;)
3.) I lost feasible goals within the limits of the house rules, the only thing i could do would be making Denmark and Bavaria Hohenzollern again. They are both republics, so i have to vassalize them first, lose a war to break the vassalage, claim their throne. Based on peace value it is possible i have to take provinces in wars to come to get them small enough to vassalise them and all in all... it does't feel right

Thank you for your support, i had fun =)

I will wait till an official 4.1 is out (hopefully) solving the problems with patriot rebels. 4.1c does nothing concerning that issue or nothing I could see.
The next planned game is the plan to convert a nation to a merchant republic and rewrite history of trading. My intentional idea was to transform Navarra, but my test games showed that you can just survive by warmongering (Taking Granada and so forth) You can break up france, but you can't brake up castille to make them weak enough to stop dowing you every 5 years.
So I'm still looking for an other OPM or TPM with historical plausible region to conquer and without a big blobby neighbour which you are not able to weaken effectivly.
I have a faint idea but haven't made my mind up. Just out of my head the Merchant Republic of Tunisia ;)

Grats. Have fun.

Thanks for this one, it was a quality AAR. And I understand your decision - the game would have moved further and further from your original goals.