• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colonial Influence Race continues until one Nation is ahead by three levels, at which point the leading two powers move onto the second stage of the Race and any trailing Nations are kicked out.
[...]
Either side may still Withdraw, or can win the State by getting two levels ahead of their rival, [...]

The new system sounds really enticing, but this part I don't understand. If the second stage is entered as soon as the leader is 3 levels ahead and finished as soon as he is at least 2 levels ahead, won't that just instantly complete? How could you be 3 ahead without being 2 ahead as well?
Or are both remaining countries levels somehow reset meaning one of them had to pay more than the other just to enter the second stage?

Are colonies going to be treated different to states regarding social policies for example healthcare. My last game as Great Britain I passed all the healthcare reforms quite early and India's population just skyrocketed and by end game there was way more people living there than in China. I dont think its right that you pass social reforms for your home states and then they automatically pass onto your colonies because as far as I know it didnt happen like that

Would it be possible for GP to demand areas that are just protectorates from smaller countries? like the English-Portuguese Ultimatum? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1890_British_Ultimatum

I think that falls under this scenario:

The second state of the Race is between only two Nations. It is much like the former stage, with one crucial difference: The State becomes a Flashpoint, and the longer the Race continues the more Tensions in the State rise. Either side may still Withdraw, or can win the State by getting two levels ahead of their rival, but if it continues long enough without a result it will become a Crisis over the Colony and may result in war.

How open to modding are these dynamic countries in their creation? Would it be possible to have both a Bolshevik Russia as well as a White Russian country in order to have a Russian revolution?

They are tags like most others, remove the dominion = yes line from them and change them to white russia or whatever you like.

will the released dominions have a flag based on the country that released them?

No, they have some set flags.

The new system sounds really enticing, but this part I don't understand. If the second stage is entered as soon as the leader is 3 levels ahead and finished as soon as he is at least 2 levels ahead, won't that just instantly complete? How could you be 3 ahead without being 2 ahead as well?
Or are both remaining countries levels somehow reset meaning one of them had to pay more than the other just to enter the second stage?

Points are reset when you move into Stage 2.

Not that impressed. The most lacking feature, relations with the natives, is still unresolved. :(
You have the Maxim gun and they have not.

upgrading colonies to states also costs colonial points, although there is no upkeep cost afterwards, and the cost increases drastically with distance from your home area (that is, the area connected by land to your capital), so while russia may make siberia into states, and france may do the same with algeria, it isn't very practical for the uk to do the same in canada or india.

Glorious.

That looks great, will all puppets gets modifiers to keep them more easily in the SoI of their master or just the dominions?

And will the AI create dominions and expend the later effort to keep them in their SoI.
its always a little silly when in the games current state satellites are allowed to be in other spheres and the master makes no effort to get it back into their own.

That looks great, will all puppets gets modifiers to keep them more easily in the SoI of their master or just the dominions?

puppets also get bonus

what happens is the levels get automatically readjusted the leader gets one free level ahead he doesnt have to spend point on. So when that stage starts it will always be the leader who is +1 and the other guy who is one behind and has to match.

Will Dominions mobilize and if yes, will you be able to control those troops as well? Also, will you get access to their fleets, or do you have to ship them in yourself (British having Australia as Dominion etc. waging war in Europe).

Will Dominions mobilize and if yes, will you be able to control those troops as well? Also, will you get access to their fleets, or do you have to ship them in yourself (British having Australia as Dominion etc. waging war in Europe).

afaik dominions are the same as the current satallites. They are you allies and thats it(plus a SOI-Influence Bonus apparently).

Shouldn't satellites and dominions not always be in the sphere of their overlords? It seems a bit weird Canada obeys Britain in foreign affairs and militarily, but is economically in the USA's sphere.

First: looks awesome. I'm going to have my hands full updating the colonial system in APD and NNM, but it should be fun.

Three questions:

1) With regards to Dominions, at what point is the colonizer able to release them? Is it as soon as they become a protectorate, or do they have to be upgraded to true colonies first?

2) Are the new Dominions dynamic? Meaning do they follow the lines of historical colonies, or are their cores going to vary based on what the country currently controls? I ask because you'll often see strange configurations in Africa... one country might control East Ivory Coast and another controls West Ivory Coast and Guinea, so if Ivory Coast is an available Dominion is it available to one or both? If the player with East Ivory Coast releases it, would the other releasing Guinea also include West Ivory Coast? My fear is having big pockets of places where no Dominion is possible.

3) Once a Dominion is released, is there a way to change its inherited culture? I added a similar system to APD, where "post-colonial" tags would inherit the culture of their colonial master, but I also added "Native Rebels" that could rise up and free the country-- and at the same time revert their primary culture to the local one. Is there a similar system in place, or some way that Canada goes from being British primary to Anglo-Canadian primary... or Spanish Morocco there goes from being Spanish primary to Maghreb primary?

The changes sound really promising. One petition, could resources be random to some extent? (Much like the randomness in eu iii). Thta way i wont see myself racing for that part of central africa where you get rubber and coal

First: looks awesome. I'm going to have my hands full updating the colonial system in APD and NNM, but it should be fun.

Three questions:

1) With regards to Dominions, at what point is the colonizer able to release them? Is it as soon as they become a protectorate, or do they have to be upgraded to true colonies first?

2) Are the new Dominions dynamic? Meaning do they follow the lines of historical colonies, or are their cores going to vary based on what the country currently controls? I ask because you'll often see strange configurations in Africa... one country might control East Ivory Coast and another controls West Ivory Coast and Guinea, so if Ivory Coast is an available Dominion is it available to one or both? If the player with East Ivory Coast releases it, would the other releasing Guinea also include West Ivory Coast? My fear is having big pockets of places where no Dominion is possible.

3) Once a Dominion is released, is there a way to change its inherited culture? I added a similar system to APD, where "post-colonial" tags would inherit the culture of their colonial master, but I also added "Native Rebels" that could rise up and free the country-- and at the same time revert their primary culture to the local one. Is there a similar system in place, or some way that Canada goes from being British primary to Anglo-Canadian primary... or Spanish Morocco there goes from being Spanish primary to Maghreb primary?

1) As soon as you have a Protectorate.
2) They are Dynamic, their cores are created when you release them. The only way to end up with no Dominions to release is if you colonise an area with no cores and all 50 dynamic tags have already been used, which should not be common.
3) No.

Status
Not open for further replies.