• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh an FYI the magic number of full citizenship isn't 15 post because I was just told to "SHUT THE F*** UP!" again with 16 posts.
Dumble Dwarf, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If not, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
If you fear your account might have been disabled without knowing why, you should contact the Forum Administration. Do not re-register under a new name!

It would be ironic if Ted Stevens died of old age the day before I was able to post about him... Not that I really care about talking about him anymore because this whole experience has effectively tempered my enthusiasm for discussing anything except the utter frustration I feel over this whole situation.

How long have you been registered? This occurred to me last night, but I promptly dozed before I posted it. Actually, I think it was well into this morning, which may have been a factor...

Honestly I'm not sure what the actual restriction is based on, it was not in place when I joined. If it is not tied to post count, then it is likely membership time (which makes a hell of a lot more sense now that I think of it). 2 weeks, maybe?

...this whole experience has effectively tempered my enthusiasm for discussing anything except the utter frustration I feel over this whole situation.
Dumble, I think you may be overreacting slightly.
I didn't realise that not being able to post on certain Paradox boards would cause you such undue pain and mental anguish. Was it your life's work, or something? A closeted yearning that cruel fate has seemingly snatched from your grip?
Will the cursed burden of your thwarted ambition pass, as from father to son, down through the ages?
</sarcasm>
Okay, so you don't like the anti-spam measures. Fine. We understand. But you got along perfectly well since... well, forever... without posting on those boards. How is this vastly different now?

Irony: I finally tried to do something prohibited, when I attempted to get a list of all DD's posts, so I could see the earliest one (in response to Dr. Zoidberg's speculation). So the policy only affected me when I was trying to research the nature of the policy. :rolleyes:

Edit: Hey, my 10th post! Now I'm a private, rather than a recruit -- and I still have not made any substantive contributions. :confused:

Last edited:
Dr. Zoidberg said:
How long have you been registered? This occurred to me last night, but I promptly dozed before I posted it. Actually, I think it was well into this morning, which may have been a factor...

Honestly I'm not sure what the actual restriction is based on, it was not in place when I joined. If it is not tied to post count, then it is likely membership time (which makes a hell of a lot more sense now that I think of it). 2 weeks, maybe?
That information may be available in my profile (something like "member since" followed by a date).
However, I'm not able to view my own profile, so I couldn't tell you (How F'ed up is that?).
I'm guessing about 2 weeks though.

Maybe full membership is actually activated by posting a single, page long, tirade of profanity. If so, I'm rapidly approaching that point...
Full membership here I come.

Alfryd said:
Okay, so you don't like the anti-spam measures. Fine. We understand. But you got along perfectly well since... well, forever... without posting on those boards. How is this vastly different now?
Perhaps you're right. Perhaps I should give up on the Paradox fourm community all together, because as you pointed out, my life has been fine up until this point whithout being part of this group.
How ironic would it be that the best response to being welcomed as a new member, is to leave.

"Welcome to the Paradox forum, now leave."

How ironic would it be that the best response to being welcomed as a new member, is to leave.
If your sole purpose in being here is to complain about denial of priveleges you feel you deserve for no obviously compelling reason, yes, perhaps you should. My purpose in being here, however, is to hopefully engage in some form of useful dialogue with the people who may one day reboot the Majesty franchise. The spam measures don't affect me in this aim one way or another.

Maybe Paradox should use forum software in which removing features doesn't result in the creation of many broken links?

Alfryd said:
If your sole purpose in being here is to complain about denial of priveleges you feel you deserve for no obviously compelling reason, yes, perhaps you should.
As I said before, I didn't come in here with any "attitude". I just wanted to participate in discussions on a variety of topics I found interesting.

Are you saying it was unreasonable of me to have such an expectation?

My purpose in being here, however, is to hopefully engage in some form of useful dialogue with the people who may one day reboot the Majesty franchise. The spam measures don't affect me in this aim one way or another.
I'm happy you have been able to fulfill your expectations here. Are you implying that I need to lower mine?

I have found one bright spot in all this though. By "complaining" about not being able to participate, I might build up enough posts to actually participate.
Now if that's not irony, I don't know what is.

Meh, back in the good old days you could not even see OT forum without having spent enough time around. (or so I think)

OT is not limited with amount of posts because there are some people with 10 or so posts but who joined back in 2001. So you need to wait some time before you can post there. It can be couple of weeks, I am not sure.

My perspective is that you're complaing to the wrong people, DD. You should be PMing or contacting the admins/mods of these forums and trying to resolve the problem. Maybe they read these threads and maybe they don't, but taking action to ensure that they read something from you via PMing would be more certain than waiting to see if they read the general threads here.

Except for maybe the people actually in charge on the Majesty franchise and who have posted here, but they might not necessarily have the power to change forum stuff - which is very similiar to my status on the HoA forums.

But just talking about it in general to other forum users is like talking to Will, Dart, or even Alfryd and Grash back on the HoA forums - they can commiserate or tell you the history of why it was done, but they can't actually do a change or check it out for you.

Spiderman said:
My perspective is that you're complaing to the wrong people, DD. You should be PMing or contacting the admins/mods of these forums and trying to resolve the problem. Maybe they read these threads and maybe they don't, but taking action to ensure that they read something from you via PMing would be more certain than waiting to see if they read the general threads here.

Except for maybe the people actually in charge on the Majesty franchise and who have posted here, but they might not necessarily have the power to change forum stuff - which is very similiar to my status on the HoA forums.

But just talking about it in general to other forum users is like talking to Will, Dart, or even Alfryd and Grash back on the HoA forums - they can commiserate or tell you the history of why it was done, but they can't actually do a change or check it out for you.
I've already emailed my personal contact at Paradox. But as you pointed out, the person with actual forum administration status might be a completely different person.

Dose anyone know who is the System Admin here? There seems to be a lot of confusion about how these forums actually work and I was hoping someone was available who actually has answers.

Probably best to send a PM to Havard or BiB, they're the admins.

Personally, I don't mind as I'm only really interested in the Majesty section of the forums anyway.

But it does seem a bit weird that they don't let you get an avatar or a signature before a certain number of posts. . .

I don't think Dumble overreacted. Not being able to post is very frustrating. I tried to reply to this thread hours ago and my connection died, ironically. I got angry.

Although right now I'm too busy to post in such a big forum, cause I know I get carried away. Still, I'd like to see other people's profiles...or at least mine.