• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't know how it will be handled by the game.
I'm always looking how it is done in AGCEEP.
If you try to play as piretes it crashes 29 any month (not always but this is why you should not modify PIR & REB tags and other reserved).

Edit:
FTG\Mods\AGCEEP\Scenarios\1419\Inc\1419_Countries.inc
Code:
#Alternative Countries

¤IF Alternative_Wales
include = "scenarios\1419\1419_WLS_Wales.inc"
¤ENDIF

It is sufficient to add only 1 include, so you don't have to add empty file for random events.

BTW:
Look at vanilla FTG:
FTG\Scenarios\1419 - The Grand Campaign.eeg there are 4 includes:

Code:
include = "scenarios\inc\Reformation_Events.inc"
include = "scenarios\inc\RNGC.inc"

include = "scenarios\1419\inc\1419.inc"
include = "db\events.txt"

include = "scenarios\inc\Pirates.inc"

I'm proposing you add to your scenarios that ones:
include = "Scenarios\Inc\RNGC.inc"
include = "Scenarios\Inc\Pirates.inc"

Pirates.inc:
Code:
    knownprovinces = { Africa Europe Asia }

RNGC.inc:
Code:
    culture = { type = pamphylian }

And delete from scenario files these ones:
country = { tag = REB
country = { tag = PIR
country = { tag = NAT
monarchtable = {

I don't know who created those entries - history = { ...
but it may be deleted too to avoid further crashes.
Did you create history = { ... entries ? What is that standing for ?
I can't recall correctly if that entries were in earlier versions of HoR... (have to check it out later)

Edit 2:
I deleted entries from scenario:
country = { tag = REB
country = { tag = PIR
country = { tag = NAT
monarchtable = {
and I added this (modified like I mention this above):

And now something is wrong with Pontus monarchs I have error during scenario loading (id is already used).
When I added comment: #include = "Scenarios\Inc\Pirates.inc" there is 1 error with leader-id 100751.
It looks like Pirates have the same Id's with Pontus monarchs during scenario loading. I remember that someone advising to make id's higher than 1000.
I try to figure out this later.

1 Error when scenario loading (finding duplicates in files - copied from notepad++):
\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\DB\Leaders\leaders_ITL.txt (1 hit)
Line 23: id = { type = 6 id = 100751 }
\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Scenarios\665\665_ITL_Italia.inc (1 hit)
Line 115: id = { type = 6 id = 100751 }

Few errors ( id is already used 347~355) - PON Monarchs id and id (for Pirates ?) during scenario loading (include = "Scenarios\Inc\Pirates.inc"):
Y:\Gry\FTG\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\DB\Monarchs\monarchs_PON.txt (1 hit)
Line 37: id = { type = 6 id = 347 }

\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\DB\Monarchs\_ID usage.txt:
345 - 361 Pontus

Last edited:
I don't know how it will be handled by the game.
I'm always looking how it is done in AGCEEP.
If you try to play as piretes it crashes 29 any month (not always but this is why you should not modify PIR & REB tags and other reserved).

Edit:
FTG\Mods\AGCEEP\Scenarios\1419\Inc\1419_Countries.inc
Code:
#Alternative Countries

¤IF Alternative_Wales
include = "scenarios\1419\1419_WLS_Wales.inc"
¤ENDIF

It is sufficient to add only 1 include, so you don't have to add empty file for random events.

BTW:
Look at vanilla FTG:
FTG\Scenarios\1419 - The Grand Campaign.eeg there are 4 includes:

Code:
include = "scenarios\inc\Reformation_Events.inc"
include = "scenarios\inc\RNGC.inc"

include = "scenarios\1419\inc\1419.inc"
include = "db\events.txt"

include = "scenarios\inc\Pirates.inc"

I'm proposing you add to your scenarios that ones:

Pirates.inc:
Code:
    knownprovinces = { Africa Europe Asia }

RNGC.inc:
Code:
    culture = { type = pamphylian }

And delete from scenario files these ones:
country = { tag = REB
country = { tag = PIR
country = { tag = NAT
monarchtable = {

I don't know who created those entries - history = { ...
but it may be deleted too to avoid further crashes.
Did you create history = { ... entries ? What is that standing for ?
I can't recall correctly if that entries were in earlier versions of HoR... (have to check it out later)

Edit 2:
I deleted entries from scenario:
country = { tag = REB
country = { tag = PIR
country = { tag = NAT
monarchtable = {
and I added this (modified like I mention this above):

And now something is wrong with Pontus monarchs I have error during scenario loading (id is already used).
When I added comment: #include = "Scenarios\Inc\Pirates.inc" there is 1 error with leader-id 100751.
It looks like Pirates have the same Id's with Pontus monarchs during scenario loading. I remember that someone advising to make id's higher than 1000.
I try to figure out this later.

1 Error when scenario loading (finding duplicates in files - copied from notepad++):
\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\DB\Leaders\leaders_ITL.txt (1 hit)
Line 23: id = { type = 6 id = 100751 }
\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Scenarios\665\665_ITL_Italia.inc (1 hit)
Line 115: id = { type = 6 id = 100751 }

Few errors ( id is already used 347~355) - PON Monarchs id and id (for Pirates ?) during scenario loading (include = "Scenarios\Inc\Pirates.inc"):
Y:\Gry\FTG\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\DB\Monarchs\monarchs_PON.txt (1 hit)
Line 37: id = { type = 6 id = 347 }

\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\DB\Monarchs\_ID usage.txt:
345 - 361 Pontus
I'll test this variants with pirates and RNGC (what is Random Number Generator Country? I have never understood what is MUS country).

I think it makes no difference whether to use several integrated files or to write everything to the main scenario-file. It is very strange that if we separate pirates from the main file, the game suddenly needs the IDs of the Pontic monarchs. (I tried this without RNGC, only with pirates). I'll change the IDs of Pontus from 345 - 361 to 1345 - 1361. And maybe I should change all IDs below 1000 in this situation (add one thousand to all of them).
Here is the Pontic monarchs with new IDs: https://www.mediafire.com/file/k02dvy4fklx6fek/monarchs_PON.txt/file for Ab_Urbe_Condita\DB\Monarchs\

I use "history = {...}" for turning off the events that have already happened by the year of the scenario. Kind of sleepevent. These entries were created by me. You can find an example in AGCEEP\Scenarios\1648\Inc\1648_GlobalData.inc. I tried to put it in different places until it started working — turning off the events.

About 100751 leader. There should be no error. The leader is in the main leader-file in DB\leaders\leaders_ITL.txt, but in Bella Mithridatica scenario ITL country uses other file — Scenarios\665\Leaders\leaders_ITL.txt and there is no duplicate 100751 leader. (string "leadertable = "Scenarios\665\Leaders\leaders_ITL.txt" in Scenarios\665\665_ITL_Italia.inc). Pontus also uses separated leader-file for this specific scenario. I did this for ability to change the locations of the leaders on the start of the scenario. I saw this in some other FtG mod.

The crash of the end of the very first month happens only in the Bella Mithridatica scenario, not in the other two. Even if the Bella Mithridatica scenatio does not crash on the 29th of the very first august, it can crash after the end of the game on the screen with the victory points. I have an experience of such crashes. The cause was in the typos in the codes of the land- and naval-units of the countries. However, that is not the same case — I have checked all units of all countries several times.

The game does not crash if human-player plays as Bithynia. But crashes, If plays as Lycia. The game does not crash if we exclude BIT (Bithynia) or LYC (Lycia) from the Roman coalition in the war against Pontus in "III. 89 ACN — Bella Mithridatica.eeg".

Last edited:
RNGC (Random Number Generator Country):
That should be changed:
knownprovinces = { 1614 }
ownedprovinces = { 1614 }
controlledprovinces = { 1614 }
nationalprovinces = { 1614 }
city = {
population = 2000
location = 1614

Mods\AGCEEP\Db\Map\provinces.txt
#Dummy province - DO NOT CHANGE!
province = {
id = 1614
continent = "Europe"
region = "Eastern Europe"
area = "Anatolia"
type = coastal
terrain = mountain

id = 1615 - it's probably hidden somewhere on the map
id = 1615 - it is a red border

So in HoR must be 1 provice designed for RNGC. Can we pick any unused ?

Y:\Gry\FTG\Mods\AGCEEP\Scenarios\1419\1419_CHI_China.inc (5 hits)
Line 248: historicalleader = {
Line 281: historicalleader = {
Line 309: historicalleader = {
Line 337: historicalleader = {
Line 363: historicalleader = {

Then I pick 1 of those:

Search "id = 032319" (1 hit in 1 file of 2538 searched)
Y:\Gry\FTG\Mods\AGCEEP\Scenarios\1419\1419_CHI_China.inc (1 hit)
Line 249: id = { type = 6 id = 032319 }

Next I going to: Mods\AGCEEP\Db\Leaders\leaders_chi.txt
Line 490:
#Leaders 032319-032323 used in 1419_CHI_China.inc
#First free id: 032330

So historicalleader in AGCEEP have different id in Db\Leaders\ & Scenarios\1419\.

Looks like there is duplicate id in AUC:
Code:
Search "id = 100751" (2 hits in 2 files of 4502 searched)
  Y:\Gry\FTG\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\DB\Leaders\leaders_ITL.txt (1 hit)
    Line 23:     id = { type = 6 id = 100751 }
  Y:\Gry\FTG\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Scenarios\665\665_ITL_Italia.inc (1 hit)
    Line 115:                   id = { type = 6 id = 100751 }

If I recall correctly there was an advise to make id greater than 1k or 10k.
Looks like the game automatically creating free ids for pirates/rebels for further use.
I have the same problem long time ago with my mod but pirates created navy on the land (and that causing crash), so there must be a typo in geography/provices file (I can't remember exactly what map it was - probably Old Wold Map). I will check your notice later with Bithynia & Lycia and I will see whats's going on.

Edited post.

Last edited:
Looks like you should not use the same id for historicalleader.
I serched for historicalleader in AGCEEP mod. I found:

Then I pick 1 of those:

Line 490:

So historicalleader in AGCEEP have different id in Db\Leaders\ & Scenarios\1419\.

Code:

Looks like the game automatically creating free ids for pirates/rebels for further use.
I have the same problem long time ago with my mod but pirates created navy on the lad, so there must be a typo in geography/provices file (I can't remember exactly what map it was - probably Old Wold Map).
I check your suggestions later with Bithynia & Lycia and I will see whats's going on.
Thank you for your ideas. It is very important for me.
I'll also test some things and investigate leaders.

Last edited:
RNGC (Random Number Generator Country):
That should be changed:
knownprovinces = { 1614 }
ownedprovinces = { 1614 }
controlledprovinces = { 1614 }
nationalprovinces = { 1614 }
city = {
population = 2000
location = 1614

Mods\AGCEEP\Db\Map\provinces.txt
#Dummy province - DO NOT CHANGE!
province = {
id = 1614
continent = "Europe"
region = "Eastern Europe"
area = "Anatolia"
type = coastal
terrain = mountain

id = 1615 - it's probably hidden somewhere on the map
id = 1615 - it is a red border

So in HoR must be 1 provice designed for RNGC. Can we pick any unused ?

Then I pick 1 of those:

Line 490:

Code:

I have the same problem long time ago with my mod but pirates created navy on the land (and that causing crash), so there must be a typo in geography/provices file (I can't remember exactly what map it was - probably Old Wold Map). I will check your notice later with Bithynia & Lycia and I will see whats's going on.

Edited post.
About leaders. If you look at the AGCEEP\Scenarios\1648\Monarchs\monarchs.kon (strange name of the file), you can see that the IDs duplicate that of the AGCEEP\Db\Monarchs\monarchs_kon.txt
How can you get this error about duplicate Italic leader? I have no error.

Interesting thoughts about pirates. In the Bella Mithridatica scenario the activity of the pirates is very high due to the parametres in the defines.txt. I did it to simulate the activity of the Cilician pirates in that years.

We can use the province 399 (Atlantis) as a dummy province. It lies outside the map (to the west of Europe) and even has no links with the other provinces. Not to be confused with the 1418 province (also Atlantis, the same name), it is the island of Madeira.

Can you explain to me what is exactly the RNGC and MUS?

Last edited:
I´m not fully sure but I think I remember that the random numbers generator was used already by EU2 to get random numbers to determine which province should convert during the phases of the reformation.

I´m not sure if we still need that generator in FtG - does not FtG have it´s own way to use random chances in events?

Here is the version with the interface.csv and countries_special.txt from luk3Z; with RNGC and Pirates as files separated from the main scenario and without NAT (only for the scenario "III. 89 ACN — Bella Mithridatica", I did not touch the other two); with changed IDs of the Pontic monarchs (I need time to change all the IDs below 1000 — some of them are used in the events): DELETED
Actually, nothing changed. I do not think that the crashes of the first month are linked with the pirates, rebels or RNGC. Manipulations with Bithynia and Lycia have a strange effect on the crashes (playing as Bithynia or excluding BIT or LYC from the war against PON (\Scenarios\665\665.inc) prevents the game from the crashes).

Last edited:
Please, download the mod again. I have reuploaded it: https://www.mediafire.com/file/nduvs24r892x3sn/Ab_Urbe_Condita.zip/file
There were errors, and I have changed the IDs of Asia, Epirus, Autariatae. Daorsi — the game wants their old IDs.
Indeed, the game wants IDs 3xx after we delete entries about REB, NAT, PIR or if we delete only "monarchtable = { }" from them.
I was too hasty.

Last edited:
You could try to run the validator over your mod

• 1Like
Reactions:
You could try to run the validator over your mod
Thank you. I knew nothing about this great instrument. I need some time to fix all that hundreds of issues that it see in our mod.
I do not think that "annexable =" in revolt.txt or "morale =" for land- and navalunits are issues. Or "addcore" instead of "addcore_national". Or names of the regions instead of numbers in knowprovinces. It sees many problems where there are none.
But, of course, it also sees real problems.

I thought that I am a blind idiot, but then I tried this Validator on the AGCEEP, and it found 7233 issues.

Last edited:
Thank you. I knew nothing about this great instrument. I need some time to fix all that hundreds of issues that it see in our mod.
I do not think that "annexable =" in revolt.txt or "morale =" for land- and navalunits are issues. Or "addcore" instead of "addcore_national". Or names of the regions instead of numbers in knowprovinces. It sees many problems where there are none.
But, of course, it also sees real problems.

I thought that I am a blind idiot, but then I tried this Validator on the AGCEEP, and it found 7233 issues.
That seems much, but please remember that the Validator reports not only game-crashing errors but also obsolete commands that will still work.

e.g. the "addcore" command is the obsolete command that was already used by EU2. Sure it still works and adds a national core, but it has been replaced by the newer commands that work only in FtG: addcore_national, addcore_claim and addcore_casusbelli

Here is Third Angels list of commands and triggers:

This is kind of strange. Anyway I think I found it.
There is no LYC leaders file in Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\DB\Leaders.
That should be warning in game for mistakes like this.
I post a suggestion for it to the devs.

Edit.
It is not actual already. Crash still occurs.

Edit 2.
What the heck. When I've deleted only land units for BIT & LYC there is no crash anymore. WTF ?

Edit 3.
When ROM & LYC & RHO have land units but BIT have 0 land units - there is no crash.
It also not crashing for while when you play as BIT. Something wrong is with the BIT.
When load a game as BIT the game hung up.

Edit 4.
Look what I found in the seavegame:
Code:
    landtech = {
        ANH = { 1.0000 1.0034 }
        ARM = { 3.0000 6.0023 }
        BIT = { -nan(ind) 6.0018 }
This is the problem with land tech for BIT.
Advise: use vanilla/original \DB\Technologies\land.txt & \Localisation\English\technologies.csv and test the game - save & load - there are possible more errors to fix or even
make a copy of FTG and overwrite original files - don't use \Mods dir and test the mod. You should ssk devs whats going on (FTG Tach support). I don't know...

Edit 5.
Vanilla/original \DB\Technologies\land.txt & \Localisation\English\technologies.csv fixes BIT strange bug. Anyway it looks like game should have original 60 levels of land & naval thechnology (my bugs with pirates also was connected with 10 lvls of naval tech). Conclusion: do not change number of technology levels...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Edit 4.
Code:
    landtech = {
        ANH = { 1.0000 1.0034 }
        ARM = { 3.0000 6.0023 }
Advise: use vanilla/original \DB\Technologies\land.txt & \Localisation\English\technologies.csv and test the game - save & load - there are possible more errors to fix or even
make a copy of FTG and overwrite original files - don't use \Mods dir and test the mod. You should ssk devs whats going on (FTG Tach support). I don't know...

The tech support takes only care of errors in the vanilla game. Whatever happens in mods has to be taken care of by the creators of the mod, who usually changed something and broke something else with it.

This is kind of strange. Anyway I think I found it.
There is no LYC leaders file in Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\DB\Leaders.
That should be warning in game for mistakes like this.
I post a suggestion for it to the devs.

Edit.
It is not actual already. Crash still occurs.

Edit 2.
What the heck. When I've deleted only land units for BIT & LYC there is no crash anymore. WTF ?

Edit 3.
When ROM & LYC & RHO have land units but BIT have 0 land units - there is no crash.
It also not crashing for while when you play as BIT. Something wrong is with the BIT.
When load a game as BIT the game hung up.

Edit 4.
Code:
    landtech = {
        ANH = { 1.0000 1.0034 }
        ARM = { 3.0000 6.0023 }

Edit 5.
Vanilla/original \DB\Technologies\land.txt & \Localisation\English\technologies.csv fixes BIT strange bug. Anyway it looks like game should have original 60 levels of land & naval thechnology (my bugs with pirates also was connected with 10 lvls of naval tech). Conclusion: do not change number of technology levels...
If the crash happens due to the land technologies, it is strange that only in the Bithynian case and only with AI-Bithynia. Thank you for your exploration, I'll make tests with technologies.
About leaders. Many countries does not have leaders-file, not only Lycia. I think, it is OK, if there is no file.

Meantime, I have fixed the majority of the typos found by the Validator. Hundreds of them, but that were not game-breacking bugs, just minor typos here and there. Here is the last version of the modification with important fixes. However, still with the Mithridatic sudden crash of the 29th of august. https://www.mediafire.com/file/r2lnj41uc9z0wfy/Ab_Urbe_Condita_with_fixes.zip/file

I you want to play "III. 89 ACN — Bella Mithridatica" scenatio (it is under construction, not all countries were included) without the risk of the crash on the 29th day of the very first month, then delete "LYC" tag from the very fist war in the "Ab_Urbe_Condita\Scenarios\665\665.txt" (string 22). It would be "participant = { ROM BIT RHO }" instead of "participant = { ROM BIT RHO LYC }".

Last edited:
@Trmdrg
Ok. I will test it. These are my assumptions to the bug with 4 alliances.
I remind you that using vanilla/original \DB\Technologies\land.txt & \Localisation\English\technologies.csv fixes the bug with land tech and there is no crash anymore.

0. Need to find out how REB and PIR getting IDs in the game (probably autamatically id < 1000 - need to ask devs).
1. if it is bug with "BIT" tag ingame (maybe collision with other functions named as "bit") / try with other tag for example: BYT
2. Res Publica - the name may be too short (if you play as other country in alliances is showing only "Res" as leader of alliance with gold font) / rename to Rome - that could be a game bug
3. Too small buffer for number of starting land units (or all units land+naval) / that could be a game bug
4. Still have problems with REB when I changed few files
5. It is may be caused only by modyfing land or naval tech file
6. Bug in the game with more than 3 alliances when participants at the begining of secario is 4 or more - in original EU2 you may have only 3 allies / need to test it with vanilla FTG at the same conditions - make new testing scenario:
Code:
    war = {
        id = { type = 9430 id = 1 }
        date = { year = 1500 month = august day = 1 }
        enddate = { year = 1500 month = november day = 25 }
        attackerscore = { XXX = { } }
                defenderscore = { AAA = { } BBB = { } CCC = { } DDD = { } }
        attackers = {
            id = { type = 9430 id = 2 }
            type = war
            expirydate = { year = 0 month = january day = 0 }
            participant = { XXX }
                    }
        defenders = {
            id = { type = 9430 id = 3 }
            type = war
            participant = { AAA BBB CCC DDD }
                    }
          }
Sometimes it is good to change mod to "Original no mod" & restart the game (I think it could be a memory leak) and then change the mod for yours.
This advice is from my expreience when I had strange behaviour of my mod in the past (memory will be cleaned).

Edited.
In EU2 you are able to make more than 3 alliances.

Last edited:
@Trmdrg
Ok. I will test it. These are my assumptions to the bug with 4 alliances.
I remind you that using vanilla/original \DB\Technologies\land.txt & \Localisation\English\technologies.csv fixes the bug with land tech and there is no crash anymore.

0. Need to find out how REB and PIR getting IDs in the game (probably autamatically id < 1000 - need to ask devs).
1. if it is bug with "BIT" tag ingame (maybe collision with other functions named as "bit") / try with other tag for example: BYT
2. Res Publica - the name may be too short (if you play as other country in alliances is showing only "Res" as leader of alliance with gold font) / rename to Rome - that could be a game bug
3. Too small buffer for number of starting land units (or all units land+naval) / that could be a game bug
4. Still have problems with REB when I changed few files
5. It is may be caused only by modyfing land or naval tech file
6. Bug in the game with more than 3 alliances when participants at the begining of secario is 4 or more - in original EU2 you may have only 3 allies / need to test it with vanilla FTG at the same conditions - make new testing scenario:
Code:
    war = {
        id = { type = 9430 id = 1 }
        date = { year = 1500 month = august day = 1 }
        enddate = { year = 1500 month = november day = 25 }
        attackerscore = { XXX = { } }
                defenderscore = { AAA = { } BBB = { } CCC = { } DDD = { } }
        attackers = {
            id = { type = 9430 id = 2 }
            type = war
            participant = { XXX }
                    }
        defenders = {
            id = { type = 9430 id = 3 }
            type = war
            participant = { AAA BBB CCC DDD }
                    }
          }
Sometimes it is good to change mod to "Original no mod" & restart the game (I think it could be a memory leak) and then change the mod for yours.
This advice is from my expreience when I had strange behaviour of my mod in the past (memory will be cleaned).

Edited.
In EU2 you are able to make more than 3 alliances.
1. No.
2. No.
(I tried other tag (BTH) for Bithynia and "Roma" as the name of the ROM country, and it did not help).

0. The game suddenly asked for the IDs of Epirus and Pontus, because in one of our experiments we deleted "leadertable = { }" from the PIR country and there was no file leaders_PIR.txt in the mod. The game went to the original game directory and there it found leaders_PIR.txt with many conflicted IDs.
Except this, NAT, PIR and REB need no IDs as far as I see. So, everything was in that unexpected leaders_PIR.txt in the original game.

P. S. Does anyone know what the code "special = 1" does in the leaderfiles of the original FtG? Examples: Pugatchev (REB), Barbarossa (TUR), El Gran Capitan (SPA),..
Code:
    historicalleader = {
        id = { type = 6 id = 0370 }
        category = general
        name = "Pugatchev"
        startdate = {
            year=1770
        }
        deathdate = {
            year=1785
        }
        rank = 0
        movement = 4
        fire = 2
        shock = 3
        siege = 0
        special = 1
        remark = "Revolt historicalleader"
    }
I went to the scenario "1492 - The Age of Exploration" as Spain to look at this El Gran Capitan leader, but saw no special things.
Validator does not know this code and considers it to be a mistake. There were no such thing in the EU2, it is definetly an innovation of the FtG.

Edited:
3. No. When there were far fewer countries in the "III. 89 ACN — Bella Mithridatica" scenario, and, thus, far fewer units, the crash was already there.

Last edited:

P. S. Does anyone know what the code "special = 1" does in the leaderfiles of the original FtG? Examples: Pugatchev (REB), Barbarossa (TUR), El Gran Capitan (SPA),..
Code:
    historicalleader = {
        id = { type = 6 id = 0370 }
        category = general
        name = "Pugatchev"
        startdate = {
            year=1770
        }
        deathdate = {
            year=1785
        }
        rank = 0
        movement = 4
        fire = 2
        shock = 3
        siege = 0
        special = 1
        remark = "Revolt historicalleader"
    }

Answer from a decade ago:

If you search for something FtG specific there is a simple and useful way to search the entire Paradox Forum with Google.

In Google search for something, e.g. "special 1". " because it should search the exact text and not special AND 1
FtG "special 1" site:forum.paradoxplaza.com
That way it searches only the Paradox forums and finds "special = 1" together with FtG.

The new version (one more minor update focusing on fixes): https://www.mediafire.com/file/wt72hdutz47o6xm/Ab_Urbe_Condita_with_fixes2.zip/file

I have fixed the last issues found by the Validator utilite.
Three new Provinciae events, two new leaders (just Pharnabazus, the first King of Iberia (Caucasian), and Kuji, the King of Colchis). Minor changes in the scenarios and map for balance and historicity. More leadernames, colonynames, armynames and navynames.
I added two more countries to the "III. 89 ACN — Bella Mithridatica" scenario — the Daesitiates and Siraci. However, the crash of the 29th of august is still there. I am still in searching for the cause. The other two scenarios are stable now.
I fixed the events about the revolt of the Kedarites and the defeat of the Kedarites for the "I. 431— 404 ACN — Bellum Peloponnesiacum".

Kind of optimisation: I deleted all not-country tags, utilising the existed country ones for the units, leadernames, colonynames and sprites of the buildings.

For some reason (I do not know it) from the very first versions of the modification there were 448 fake provinces at the end of the provinces.txt. As far as I see, the game does not use them. I deleted them. Everything is OK.

I deleted RNGC from the modification, because I see no reason for its existence.

I deleted the option to disable the random events, because I found this in the readme of the AGCEEP:
Use Random events:
If clicked NO, this option will disable the use of the AGCEEP Random events. In their place you will receive "commercials" advertising features of the AGCEEP. These commercials are unavoidable and cannot be gotten rid of, since the game needs random events to run.
I do not know what is the threat of disabling the random events, but I probably shall believe the creators of the AGCEEP. And I do not want to create annoying and meaningless "commercials".

In the debug logs I once caught this thing:
mod_file.cpp:99 Checked for moddir file "mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\config.ftg". Not found, searching for vanilla file.
mod_file.cpp:110 Opened vanilla file "mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\config.ftg" with mode "wb".
Why did the game duplicate the path?

Last edited:
How did you find these 448 fake provinces at the end of the provinces.txt ?
About the random events: this is why I created (in the past) additional empty file to disable them (I don't know if that was a good move or not).
Why did the game duplicate the path ? - This is question to the devs.

If you want to you may add this picture to the settings background to the mod + this replace the old one from vanilla (\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Gfx\Frontend\bg_settings.bmp):
You need to save this as .bmp in Paint for example.

Last edited:
How did you find these 448 fake provinces at the end of the provinces.txt ?
About the random events: this is why I created (in the past) additional empty file to disable them (I don't know if that was a good move or not).
Why did the game duplicate the path ? - This is question to the devs.
If you look at the provinces.txt of the previous versions, you can see that the last actual province is 1569. After that till the end of the file there are fake provinces without names, with zero parametres and located nowhere.

I have found more examples of duplicated paths:
mod_file.cpp:99 Checked for moddir file "mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\db\map\colorscales\colorscales_new.txt". Not found, searching for vanilla file.
mod_file.cpp:110 Opened vanilla file "Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\db\map\colorscales\colorscales_new.txt" with mode "r".
mod_file.cpp:99 Checked for moddir file "mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\db\map\colorscales\colorscales_SBE.txt". Not found, searching for vanilla file.
mod_file.cpp:110 Opened vanilla file "Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\db\map\colorscales\colorscales_SBE.txt" with mode "r".
mod_file.cpp:99 Checked for moddir file "mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\db\map\colorscales\colorscales_SBO.txt". Not found, searching for vanilla file.
mod_file.cpp:110 Opened vanilla file "Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\db\map\colorscales\colorscales_SBO.txt" with mode "r".
mod_file.cpp:99 Checked for moddir file "mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\gfx\map\shields\shields_ancient.txt". Not found, searching for vanilla file.
mod_file.cpp:110 Opened vanilla file "Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\gfx\map\shields\shields_ancient.txt" with mode "r".
mod_file.cpp:99 Checked for moddir file "mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\gfx\map\shields\style_ancient.txt". Not found, searching for vanilla file.
mod_file.cpp:110 Opened vanilla file "Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\gfx\map\shields\style_ancient.txt" with mode "r".
mod_file.cpp:99 Checked for moddir file "mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\gfx\fonts\font_classic.txt". Not found, searching for vanilla file.
mod_file.cpp:110 Opened vanilla file "Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\gfx\fonts\font_classic.txt" with mode "r".
mod_file.cpp:99 Checked for moddir file "mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\gfx\fonts\font_glory.txt". Not found, searching for vanilla file.
mod_file.cpp:110 Opened vanilla file "Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\gfx\fonts\font_glory.txt" with mode "r".
mod_file.cpp:99 Checked for moddir file "mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\gfx\fonts\font_modern.txt". Not found, searching for vanilla file.
mod_file.cpp:110 Opened vanilla file "Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\gfx\fonts\font_modern.txt" with mode "r".
mod_file.cpp:99 Checked for moddir file "mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\localisation\lang_english.txt". Not found, searching for vanilla file.
mod_file.cpp:110 Opened vanilla file "Mods\Ab_Urbe_Condita\\localisation\lang_english.txt" with mode "r".
It really looks like an error in the code of the original game.

One more thing: I have created empty leader-files for all countries that have no actual leaders (including PIR). Thus, there are no more conflicts with the leaders of the original FtG.

Last edited: