• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just recently I found out that coutries' claims became their cores if they owned that provinces for a certain time. This mechanics is not good for our mod, because I differ claims and cores according to the history by using the event-system.

For that you can use the casus belli cores, whose only function is to give the country a casus belli over the owner of the province (that is to say, it works like a claim but never turns into a full core). The command is
command = { type = addcore_casusbelli which = x }

For that you can use the casus belli cores, whose only function is to give the country a casus belli over the owner of the province (that is to say, it works like a claim but never turns into a full core). The command is
command = { type = addcore_casusbelli which = x }
Thank you. I'll think about using casus belli cores. And they do not give any penalty for income of provinces or something else?

I have to add 2 things.

Old principle from EU2 when creating new events - don't use id less than 1000 (to avoid possible id conflicts).

I updated (for proper display) some graphics Mods\History_of_Rome\Gfx\Events:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k5asmlz8ggg0ap2/update_gfx.7z/file

Thanks for update.
2. Thank you. Included. So, we just need to add two 1-pixel-green-lines (one to the down and one to the right sides of every picture)?
1. Thanks. Never heard of this principle. I used id less than 1000 just because the creators of this mod started to use them before me. Looks like I need to remake the events for Roma.

The little update: http://www.mediafire.com/file/816s162dyj7dwt3/History_of_Rome_new.zip/file
About ten new events and many fixes for the older ones. New monarchs and leaders.

Last edited:
I don't know whether this principle is still valid in FTG but I always trying to avoid id less than 1000 in events (you should ask about this this guy: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?members/michaelm.31346/).
About the pictures - you have to add lines and check event in game (F12 and type "event number").
Sometimes it is 1 green (transparent) line but sometimes it is more (it's rather a lottery).
If you put line on left side then you have to move all your picture +1 row on right (it's not very convenient but you have centered picture).
If you have SSD drive or RAMDisk you can check events very fast coz game is loading in a seconds.
SoftPerfect RAM Disk 3.4.8 is free (latest free version).

Last edited:
I want to hear your opinion on one important question about names. Should we use proper Greek names (Agathokles, Alexandros, Antigonos, Demetrios,..) or latinized ones (Agathocles, Alexander, Antigonus, Demetrius,..). Latinized variants are in use now. But using Greek ones may give a kind of authenticism.
This question also concerns the names of countries. As you can see, I use endonyms in any case when I can find ones (Basileion tou Bosporou, Mets Hayk (Armenia in my current version, I'll upload it today or tomorrow). But we can use Roman (Latin) exonyms (Regnum Bosporanum, Armenia,..) for all counries (and latinized names for monarchs and leaders in this case). (We even can use non endonyms, non Roman exonyms, but English names, but I don't like such decision).
We have to choose and stick to the principle.
By the way I use name "Mauryasamrajya" for Maurya Empire. Am I wrong? And I still can't find proper royal title for Mauryan monarchs, I write them without any title now.

P. S. For Chinese monarchs, leaders, states I use modern English interpritations of Chinese names. As for Chinese titles: King (Wang), Marquess.

Last edited:
I for one wouldn't mind either way... But since you would be using Latin names for gaulish tribes and so on it would be more consistent to use Latin throughout Europe

I for one wouldn't mind either way... But since you would be using Latin names for gaulish tribes and so on it would be more consistent to use Latin throughout Europe
Thank you for your opinion. Now I use latinized names for monarchs and leaders, and endonyms for countries (maybe later I'll replace them with the Roman country names).

Here is the new version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/n4lj1jy1125uwhr/History_of_Rome_new.zip/file
Three new countries: Lydia (doomed to death Macedonian satrapy), Hellespontine Phrygia (also doomed to death and also a satrapy) and Armenia Minor (Pokr Hayk). Many new events: for Syracuse, Epirus, Macedonia, Hellespontine Phrygia, Qin and other countries. New Olympic events (and even one event about triple winner at an Isthmian games, other Panhellenic games). Many new monarchs and leaders. Minor fixes and addings.

I have definitely found via experiments that the game sometimes crashes when X-country try to annex or inherit Y-country via event, if X and Y are at war between each other. That is the cause. So, save the game before 5 july 438 AUC ("The final victory over Eumenes" event for Phrygia). Has anyone heard about this bug in "For the Glory" before?

UPD: I have reuploaded the modification with several fixes and now with another doomed to death Macedonian satrapy, Syria, with Laomedon of Mytilene as a satrap.

Last edited:
The new version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8l8zagf8fhfnh8z/mod_HistoryOfRome_new.zip/file
As usual many fixes in the events and different parameters, new monarchs and leaders. New countries: Pharos (Faros, Greek polis on the island in Illyria), Leptis Magna (Phoenician city in Tripolitania, it can revolt and will be used in the events about the Second Punic war).
New events: for Macedonia, Epirus, totally new system for Megas Basileis Pyrrhus and Lysimachus and the chaos in Macedonia, events for Ardiaei (founding of the kingdom, Ardiaean conquests, queen Teuta and the First Illyrian war with Rome), events for Dardani, Byzantium, Tylis (Gallic kingdom in Thrace), Bithynia, Rhodes, Odryssian Kingdom, Sparta, Seleucids,..
I have changed the Transport Capacity. For 1000 men (or 10 artillery) you need now 5 galleys or 2 warships or 1 transport. Even this reduction is not enough (actually 1 trireme could transport about 60-120 infantrimen). But at now it is so.
I have also reduced the temp of population growth in cities.
What must be done as soon as possible: the Second and the Third Samnite wars, Gallic invasions and Gallic kingdom in Asia Minor, more events for the Mauryan Empire, proper Qin conquests (at now ai-Qin can't defeat Chu), better events for the Pyrrhic war and the First Punic war (at now only a scheme).

Last edited:
The new version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fzd8bdbo782e1d4/History_of_Rome_new.zip/file
New country: Ambracia (in 322 BC it was semi-independent Greek city. Doomed to death, of course, later it became a capital of Basileus Pyrrhus of Epirus). Many new events and fixes for the old ones. Finally no more crashes! It was my mistake in event-scripts, and finally I have found it and fixed (as we say in Russia, better late than never). Incomes of the all provinces were proportionally reduced. Many provinces and cities were redefined. Goods-system was redefined to low slightly down incomes from trading. Pictures and descriptions for several countries were added.
Anybody alive? What do you think about current version of the modification?
Noone wants to work with the map? We really need to split several provinces. And there are too many mistakes in the names of the provinces, written on the map.
How does the game define the number of slots for merchants in the trade centers? As you can see, in our scenario the game gives the trade center in Panticapaeum (province #340 "Theudosia") only 2 slots.
Here in this thread long time ago there was a big discussion about how the wars of the Diadochi should be simulated in the game. What do you think about my current variant of simulation of such difficult epoch? I'll add more events for different details and local actions, but the main skeleton of the wars of the Diadochi has already been made.

Last edited:
First reaction: things seem cool.

Second reaction: I played as Athenai, and fighting against Macedon I managed to get a province out of that initial war (victory). Then immediately an event triggers that says that I lost the war, and forces me to cede the province back and other bullshit. I have to go and delete that event now.

EDIT: I have to admit I'm getting quite frustrated. Doing well as Athenai, but there are constant railroad events that I have to delete and reload. Being forced as a vassal to Macedonia despite being more powerful than them. being forced to release vassals with no alternative choice. Being forced to cede provinces to "Asia" (what's up with that name, btw)?

This is a great effort, but it seems like there is a lot of attempts to force history to happen with no alternative choice for the player. For example, if there is an event to release a vassal, there should always be a "no" choice, which could (for example) give a lot of revolt risk in the province.

Last edited:
First reaction: things seem cool.

Second reaction: I played as Athenai, and fighting against Macedon I managed to get a province out of that initial war (victory). Then immediately an event triggers that says that I lost the war, and forces me to cede the province back and other bullshit. I have to go and delete that event now.

EDIT: I have to admit I'm getting quite frustrated. Doing well as Athenai, but there are constant railroad events that I have to delete and reload. Being forced as a vassal to Macedonia despite being more powerful than them. being forced to release vassals with no alternative choice. Being forced to cede provinces to "Asia" (what's up with that name, btw)?

This is a great effort, but it seems like there is a lot of attempts to force history to happen with no alternative choice for the player. For example, if there is an event to release a vassal, there should always be a "no" choice, which could (for example) give a lot of revolt risk in the province.

Thanks for your attention. I'll upload the new version today or tomorrow. In every new version I add a lot of details and alternative variants.
Athenae can win the Lamian war only if the Athenians gain 3 provinces from Macedonia: Naxos, Andros and Euboia. There will be unhistorical victory event in such case. And you can be an independent power with democratical rule in Greece, and Athens retain its claims.
Yeah, from the beginnig I chose to make fanatically historical modification. But in different events I have already made possible unhistorical variants. I started form making the main skeleton for historical development. OK, I'll modify events-system for the Athenians to make it more variable. It's difficult to create totally differ unhistorical events-line for Athens because historically after they lose the Lamian war, they never was a substantial power in Greece, but their events-line should be closely related with that of Macedonia and other countries.
Asia = attempts to unite again the empire of Alexander III in Asia. Firstly attempts of regent Perdikka and Eumenes, later attempts of the satrap of Phrygia (later Basileus) Antigonus.
I have chosen to retain the name "Asia" for that country. Antipater was the Regent of the European Empire and Chiliarch Perdikka was the Regent of the Asian Empire. What's up with the name "Asia"? Later I'll use Asia-state for Seleucid rebels in Asia Minor: Antiochus Hierax, Achaeus.
I am sorry for your frustrating experience with my modification.

Last edited:
My propose for movement points in defines.txt (to be more realistic):

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/history-of-rome.444288/page-10

_MOVEMENT_ARTILLERY_ = 2.0 #Movement points when a unit includes artillery
_MOVEMENT_INFANTRY_ = 4.0
_MOVEMENT_CAVALRY_ = 6.0

I'll try it now. Yes, I have already thought of speeding up land movements. But until now I only catefully changed the parameters for terrains. Your proposal is based on the information about land movements (distances and number of days) in historical sources?

My proposal based on approximation (need more tests). If you change this numbers you don't have to change other parameters terrains etc.
The original values in defines.txt were adjusted to the original map (where countries have few provinces only which cover bigger area, so movement is longer).

The new version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x27cb75h7425345/HistoryOfRome_new.zip/file
Please, use the new one. Many fixes for the events (fixes for the Ambracian events among them). New events for Macedonia, Epirus, Aetolian League, Cappadocia,.. New country: Sao (civilization of the city-states in Central Africa). New centers of the trade: Heraclea Chersonesus, Noreia (Norici) and Cydamus (maybe I'll delete it because of the lack of competition, but I plan to add one more state to Central Africa — Nok culture, they (along with Sao) will need CoT). New pictures and descriptions. Fix for the sprites of African natives. I have included luk3Z's proposal about movement points. However, it needs more test, so you can return the old values, if you want (1.5, 2.0 and 3.0).

To rudyhenkel: I'll add alternative paths into event-system for Athens in the next version. And Antigonid Asia will invade Peloponnesus only if it will be under Macedonian rule.

There are no more crashes in 438 AUC but the game sometimes can crash later on. I'm sorry for that. Please, use the save-system. I'm in searching for mistakes in my scripts. If you'll have such crash in your game, you can write its date (year at least) to me, it will help me to fix mistakes quickly.

How does the game define the number of slots for merchants in the trade centers? As you can see, in our scenario the game gives the trade center in Panticapaeum (province #340 "Theudosia") only 2 slots. But even in small Chersonesus in close vicinity there are 10 slots from the begining.

What do you think about druidism as religion for the Celts of Eastern Europe and Asia Minor? Or they should be pagan? It is difficult question. I tend to druidism and Gallic culture (not Celtic). In one of the first versions of this modification someone wrote in the .txt-files for the Iberian states: "Druidism did not get to Iberia. Iberian Celts were of Hallstat culture. Druidism appeared with LaTene. When LaTene culture was spreading, the Iberian Celts were already isolated by Aquitanian and Iberian cultures". I'm not sure about that and not sure about their isolation, but I left the Iberian Celts as pagans. But the waves of migration of the Galatians to Balkans were originating directly from Gallia and began in fourth-third centuries BC. It was the epoch of LaTene, I think. Another question: religion and culture for Taurisci (Norici, Regnum Noricum). They were directly in the core of Hallstatt culture, but also in the sphere of LaTene. At now I left them to be with Celtic culture (not Gallic) and druidism. By the way, I'm not even sure that druidism appeared with LaTene and not with Hallstatt — I can't find any information about that fact in historical studies.

I say it again: I'm sorry for my imperfect English. I'm sure that there are many mistakes in descriptions of the events. You can help me by editing them. You can write me here: Tramadorg@gmail.com

We need new picture for the loading-screen. The current one is the map of the world of the Renaissance with Tatars and Slavic rivers and cities, not an ancient one, not Ptolemaic map. It is frustrating, but I'm not an artist.

Last edited:
Can anybody help me with one command in one event?
Event 11001 for Athens (History_of_Rome\DB\Events\Specific_Athens), the first event in the file. One command doesn't work. It is: "command = { type = losebuilding which = 424 value = shipyard } #Attika". There is still the shipyard in Attika after the event. Can't kill that shipyard in Athens, lol. But I use that command in other cases and successfully delete other buildings (For example barrack in Syracusae after the death of Agathocles — Specific_Syracuse event 2212).

P. S. Other command with which I have a problem is "command = { type = breakdynastic which = ... }" (... = countryname). It just doesn't work, it doesn't delete any dynastical alliance. This command doesn't work in FtG at all?

Last edited:
command = { type = losebuilding which = 424 value = shipyard } #Attika <--- this command working fine but you need to save & load the game.
command = { type = breakdynastic which = ... }" (... = countryname) <--- it looks like a this command is obsolete in FTG

Anyway I don't have any "breakdynastic" command in my file "Commands and triggers list (FTG 1.3) (updated – 29.10.2017)".
It looks like this command is for EU2 only.

So, problem with losebuilding-shipyard is a problem of port-sprite only? There are no more shipyard, we see only a phantom?

About breakdynastic: it's a pity, EU2 had this command. It is strange that in FtG it was deleted.

I have found this post here in this forum:
Strange things happened. Currently everything's working fine.
I can confirm that:
Code:
command = { type = cedeprovince which = aaa value = x }
is only working command ("cede_province" was in changelog, so it's little mislead for me). Thanks for clarification.

Link updated 29.X.2017:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qfsd2czn96i36w9/Commands+and+triggers+list+-+29.10.2017+(FTG+1.3).odt

Cleaned up "grey" spaces in manual - not recognized by the game when copied directly from the manual to the event files
(originally they're copied from the web to LibreOffice). Added "Sample codes" on last page. Currently working fine.

But I can't open this file. My Microsoft Office doesn't open it correctly.

Last edited: