• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KaRei

Lt. General
14 Badges
Dec 27, 2005
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders
History of Rome

Watch trailer on YouTube​

History of Rome is a mod for For the Glory starting in 322 BC. It's a successor project of two Eu2 mods that decided combine their powers - polish Historia Antiqua and english Roma Universalis. Mod will run on Ptolemy World Map and will use at the beginning a lot from its predecessors. In later phases we expect this mod go far beyond the borders of Eu2 limits, using the freedom of FtG to maximum.

If somebody would want join the dev-team, he is welcomed ;)

Development of History of Rome is completely in hands of rusek and PUBLICOLA Titus by now.
I am no longer in the development process.
Farewell

Download
Version 0.1 released by me:
History of Rome 0.1
Later versions will be accessible only through rusek's or PUBLICOLA's posts.

Multimedia pack
(Sfx and Music)

Install to your FtG Mods directory. The installer will create HoR moddir by itself

Here I am bringing you a little preview of few new shields:

Akragas
shieldakr.png

Colchis
shieldcol.png

Euganei
shieldeug.png

Shield templates made by Birger

Last edited:
Will be cool to test in da future :D

Good luck with mod!
Trailer is very impressive :)

Thank god you posted that! Because I actually missed that xD It ownz!

Very interesting MOD,
I'm really excited with it
but why do not cover also the Imperial Rome years up to 450-500 A.C.
At least as a future extension, maybe ?

The trailer is amazing !!! :cool:

Best regards, Amadeus

Sounds very interesting, I will at the very least try it out. I was wondering however if you had any idea when you might place the end date?

For now the end date is planned to be around AD 60. In later phases it may expand (into earlier as well as later years), but now the priority is to stabilize the mod in 322 BC - AD 60 period.

EDIT:
but why do not cover also the Imperial Rome years up to 450-500 A.C.
At least as a future extension, maybe ?
Taking such large time frame would be too large task for the beginning.
But further expansions are possible.

EDIT2:
I also welcome a new member of our dev-team: PUBLICOLA Titus

Last edited:
Rusek was really quick in placing the countries. Basic placement for most of the world is done:

I was transferring basic city icons and unit sprites. There won't be many in the beginning probably. For those who know RU or HA it would be old Gallic Swordsman for tribes and Citizen Hoplite for Hellenistic countries. Also ancient Galley was transfered and I'd like to put there the Early Republic Legionary as well. India and china will use vanilla sprites for now.
Those who remember first releases of Roma Universalis will probably recognize the city icons made by Molleby, only improved by walls. The CIV-like cities were not very suitable for small provinces of Ptolemy map, not speaking about never-ending problems with loot animation always hidden behind the large city image.

The only thing that stands now between us and the release of ALPHA version are several missing shields and flags. So I'll jump on them right now.

NICE JOB !

And very good looking map indeed. :cool:
Any ETA for an alpha release ?

Best regards, Amadeus.

PS: if you need some help in reading/finding document in italian or french languages ( and in simple spanish too ) let me now, I'll do my best to help you within my limited free time.

Real Life suxx ! :mad: :rofl:

I'm not too fussed about the time period of this mod, but that is an absolutely brilliant looking map. Kudos to the devs.

The map is great! It looks like you substituted the engine for a 3D one on the first sight :)

I remember playing RU in EU2 and the number of countries and graphical look and feel was amazing. What about events? Do they exist to guide historical development? Are they planned? One thing I remember from the version of RU I had was that there was very few of them.

Either way, this is going to be a very interesting mod!

What about events? Do they exist to guide historical development? Are they planned? One thing I remember from the version of RU I had was that there was very few of them.

Rusek made a lot of events for his Historia Antiqua, so the future of events seems to be bright. But probably not many will appear in alpha, because we have to transfer all of them and translate them to English, which will take some more time.