• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Introduction

".....And so Gustavus Adolphus was killed at Lutzen." Mr Olafssen finished.

"Now, next time you come, we will move onto our next topic, Sweden in WW2"
Mr Olafssen said. A groan echoed across the classroom as the students packed their bags ready to move onto Maths. The Classroom was left deserted as the students piled into the corridors and Mr Olafssen collected all the history books, which he had carefully instructed his class to take home. Useless bunch. You could teach an ape to remember to take a book home but you couldnt teach a bunch of 13-year old students.

Mr Olafssen was a middle-aged short man in round spectacles. He had grey hair and had been teaching at Kiruna High School for 20 years. He was used to this sort of stupidity.

Lesson 1

Olafssen stood at he blackboard. He stared across the classroom for a minute then said "OK, Rolf, hand out the books". Rolf plodded out to the front and grabbed the books.
"When you get your book, Write down the date and title on the next clean page." Olafssen said, while waving a blank piece of paper, looking rather like Neville Chamberlain with his 'piece of paper' from Munich, but that hadnt happened yet so I wont go into it.
The Children were given reference books and told to turn to page 55. On it, it horrible black writing, had the information on the 'Army Reform Plan'

"Now" Olafssen began but then stopped and drank a bit of his water. "In 1936, Gustav V asked Parliament to ratify the Army Reform Plan and to make the 5 divisions of the Swe- WHO'S PHONE IS THAT!?!??!"
A mobile phone had gone off. Immediately, all students in the class stood up and pointed at Harold, who was desparately trying to turn it off.
"Detention, Harold" Olafssen sighed. "Now, where was I? Oh yes, And to make the 5 divisions of the Swedish Army into two Army groups. One was put on the border with Finland and the other on the border With Norway. Now, please write down your homework. Your Homework is to list 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages of the Army Reform Plan. Now please do task 1"

After the Lesson, Olafssen Looked in his Sami Dictionary. The Problem with Kiruna High School was that it was in Lappland and that he was from Stockholm. Students often made fun of his attempts to speak Sami. Tomorrows Lesson would be even worse. He was doing the----------- not to be revealed in this episode

Good to see some life in this old forum!

Also an interesting subject! I have also wondered what Sweden might have done differently in these days.

Rensslaer

Bullet said:
Your Homework is to list 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages of the Army Reform Plan.

Advantages:
-Modernize the command structure of the army
-Increase security to the east and west
-Increase economic activity in the interior and on land borders

Disadvantages:
-Leaves the south open to surprise attack
-Spreads the already small army thin
-May damage relations/trust with friendly nations of Norway and Finland

P.S. Interesting start :D

Lesson 2

Olafssen sighed as he read what he had to teach the children today. The Idiots would have a field day. Already, the homework had come in and half the children hadnt done it. They would be annoyed when they got detentions.

"Today" he began but was stopped when a paper aeroplane flew past him into the trash bin. "Detention, Sven" he muttered. Sven tried to make a defence against his alleged throwing of the aeroplane, but it was no good. It had come from his direction. "Today we are going to learn about our country's coding machine, Choklad (Chocolate), which was built in 1936. It was a simple machine and it worked on the 5 times table" Olafssen explained.

Like:
5 = A
10 = B
15 = C
and so on (they would leave a space between the numbers e.g. 40 45)

"Now, I want you to write your own codes." Olafssen said.
Most of the codes were alright. Some were messages like 'My Name is Axel', 'I Love Christina' and 'Mr Olafssen stinks' (which got Harold yet another detention). When the lesson was over, The Children flooded out shouting swear words in the code and so on.
"You would be dead if you said that to Gustav V!!" Olafssen shouted.
If Olafssen thought that that day was tough, then he would be horrified by the next lesson

45 40_5_100_25 40_75_65_25_115_75_90_55 10_105_100 45 70_25_25_20 5_70 5 100_75 80_5_95_95! :(

95_75 115_40_25_70 45_95 100_40_25 70_25_120_100 105_80_20_5_100_25 15_75_65_45_70_35?
45_100 45_95 85_105_45_100_25 105_95_25_30_105_60 40_5_110_45_70_35 5 80_90_75_35_90_5_65 20_75 100_40_45_95 15_75_20_25 30_75_90 125_75_105 ;)

(or, in other words:
So, when is the next update coming?
It is quite useful having a program do this code for you.
;) )

Ciçatrix said:
95_75 115_40_25_70 45_95 100_40_25 70_25_120_100 105_80_20_5_100_25 15_75_65_45_70_35?
45_100 45_95 85_105_45_100_25 105_95_25_30_105_60 40_5_110_45_70_35 5 80_90_75_35_90_5_65 20_75 100_40_45_95 15_75_20_25 30_75_90 125_75_105 ;)

(or, in other words:
So, when is the next update coming?
It is quite useful having a program do this code for you.
;) )

thanks for the translation. it would have took me hours to figure that code out. its coming now.

Lesson 3

"At 2am on March 8th, The Germans entered the Rhineland. 18 minutes later, The Swedish ambassador recieved the message and cancelled his holiday to Munich in protest" Olafssen said dramatically. Another paper aeroplane flew past but this time he caught it and ripped it in half. "Today, we are going to re-enact a debate between the Houses of Parliament as they find out the news".

The debate went well for a while. But then, a pencil case flew across the room. Erik tried to run to get it, but Olafssen saw him and sentenced him to detention. The debate was alright after that. "Today's Homework is to pretend you are Adolf Hitler. Give reasons for your occupation of the Rhineland" Olafssen bawled over the noise of chattering students. Then the students charged out and left the classroom, empty.

"We need to protect ourselves from the French-Soviet Alliance!"

"It's German Land anyway, why should we not be allowed in?"

"I AM TEH EVOL!!!!!!!!!"

The time has come for the end of the hated Versailles Treaty and its harsh restrictions on Germany.

The Rhineland is German territory and vitally important to our economy. As such, we should be able to protect it and enforce our will over it.

Everyone likes Military parades!

Sincerely,
Adolf

You must consider the strong socioeconomical incentives to occupy the Rheinland. It would boost the industrial and economical power of Germany, and you must remember that an action of defiance against the french will bolster the heart, mind and will of the german people. You must show your strenghts to be strong. Therefore, an occupation of the Rheinland is a must, if Germany should go anywhere.

You question me?! Do you not know who I am?! I'm the Goddamn Fuehrer!

Himmler, have him shot!

I smolder with generic rage! Arawrawrawrarwraw!

(Oh, yeah. I'm failing. :D )

*Hajji goose-steps into class the next day with shiny slick Hitler hair and a false mustache*

Ja! Ja! Kill them all, the Russians! Um....... oh the Rhineland, yes, um kill them too, ja! *mumbles some fierce German-sounding grunting noises and takes a seat next to the pencil sharpener*