• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1936 Summer Olympics

The class walked into the room, and spotted Olafssen reading a book called 'How to make a bunch of idiots listen'.
"ARRRRRRR!!!!!!!" Bawled the class and then said in unison:

Demented students said:
We are going to report you to the police!!!

After the noise had died down, Olafssen stood up. He wanted to make a scapegoat out of this episode. He picked Rocketman.
"You! Outside!" He yelled like a Annoyed P.E. Teacher who's just found the class nerd who is hiding in the changing room and refusing to play football.
Rocketman stomped out.
"Der Reich will rise again!" He shouted and then slammed the door behind him.
Silence.
"Anyway class, Today we will learn about the 1936 Summer Olympics. Unfortunately, some fool has gone and flushed our textbooks down the bog. So I will tell the story myself. Sweden would probably have won but then Hitler came up with a cunning plan and decided to invade Sweden. But then he changed his mind and instead settled for ruining the shooting by putting pieces of chalk into the Swedish guns"
"Ha!" Shouted Rocketman from outside the door
"Detention, Rocketman" Olafssen shouted

Bullet said:
...He picked Rocketman...
may i suggest that you tread lightly on Rocketman? (when he passes gas, it is extremely flammable, not to mention explosive! ! ! ! :D )

Ha! Zending me to detention will be his undoing.... I vill write ein book!

"My Struggle Against the Pigheaded Scholarly Establishment"

Ja, das ist gut.

GhostWriter said:
may i suggest that you tread lightly on Rocketman? (when he passes gas, it is extremely flammable, not to mention explosive! ! ! ! :D )

You haf made mein list....

Excuse me, but I got here late and I was just wondering what the class is discussing... oh, the Olympics? Jez, I should have just stayed in bed. :eek:o

So....

No homework?

Rocketman said:
Ha! Zending me to detention will be his undoing.... I vill write ein book!

"My Struggle Against the Pigheaded Scholarly Establishment"

Ja, das ist gut.

"You are now going to be on Canteen duty (Aka; You have to sweep up the canteen)" Olafssen sighed

Rocketman said:
gee, and i was only trying to defend you! ! :eek:

Bullet said:
"You are now going to be on Canteen duty (Aka; You have to sweep up the canteen)"
HA! ! at least it is not KP! ! ! [Kitchen Police - duty that requires you to wash dishes for 12 hours, plus you have to sweep...] :D

Sweden Goes Communist

Olafssen was ill. In his place today was a supply teacher. He was a rather stupid looking man. He had brown hair, a Chaplin moustache, and had brown eyes. He had a photo on his desk of a child called 'Erma'. He also seemed to have a picture of a man looking like Adolf Hitler, and his dog, Blondi.
"Der class is stupid! I want you to go and vight for the Vourth Reich!" The Supply teacher bawled. "Anyvay, seeing as you svedish untermensch have such awful bands like ABBA or vatever it is called, i suppose you cant do zat. So i am hear to teach you how these Kommunist svinehunds came to power in Sveden. I do not know why I am teaching mein class in Inglish, but I'm afraid it ist probably due to a stupid Dummkopf, called Bullet, Who lives in manchester and says he is writing something called an AAR!"
Erik burst out laughing.
"EASTERN FRONT!" Bawled the supply teacher "Oh, i mean DETENTION!"
Erik stumbled out, still giggling a bit.
Lurken leaned over to Cicatrix
"Just like old 'lafssen" Lurken whispered
Cicatrix smiled and nodded
"Anyvay, The Kommunistas came to power in Neinteen-dirty seven. In a coup d'etat, The prezzie was overthrown and replaced with a moron. He immediately signed a friendship treaty with ze Soviet Union. Oh dear. I seem to have run out of time because that Stalinist you call Erik interrupted my speech. Guten morgen"

The Swedish Times

HITLER CAPTURED

Today, Adolf Hitler was arrested by Swedish police. He had been living in Chile for 30 years. From there, he moved to Sweden and was today captured in a Traffic jam, near Kiruna High school. A student of the high school, Known as GhostWriter, dialled 999 after school, suspecting the Fascist dictator might have been teaching. A Student called Rocketman, refused to comment. Hitler is to be extradited to Israel where he faces the death sentence on 96 charges of crimes against the jewish people.

So who do GhostWriter call with 999? His grilfriend?

Wonder what is the worst. Eastern front or detention? ;)

Bullet said:
I want you to go and vight for the Vourth Reich!"

the fourth reich? :rofl:

Darn, I liked our substitute teacher, Hajji says when he comes in the next day, and begins doodling on his desk

Snake IV said:
So who do GhostWriter call with 999? His girlfriend?

Wonder what is the worst. Eastern front or detention? ;)
i called my girlfriend, your girlfriend, and teach's girlfriend. we decided to have a PARTY! ! ! needless to say, you are invited. also, you get to pay for the party! :D ( relax, i am very cheap so it won't cost you very much! )

OH, no question, detention is worst! after all, there is no fighting on the Eastern Front anymore! ! ! :cool: (only sight-seeing tours and things like that! ! ! ! )

excellent updates! ! ! :D :cool:

Mr. Olafsen, sir? Next time, don't bother leaving material for the supply teachers, it is really much more fun if we can just mock the teacher's accent instead. :)

GhostWriter said:
i called my girlfriend, your girlfriend, and teach's girlfriend. we decided to have a PARTY! ! ! needless to say, you are invited. also, you get to pay for the party! :D ( relax, i am very cheap so it won't cost you very much! )

Can I come?

:D

I lived in Kiruna for many years (although I moved away before attending high school, or it's Swedish equivalent). Some pointers/background info;

The school is probably "Hjalmar Lundbom-skolan". The class is probably called 7A, 7B, 7C or 7D (meaning one of the four classes of students in their 7th year of the 9-year compulsory school). They are freshmen (endangered species) at the school, since years 1-6 are handled at other schools than Hjalmar Lundbom.

There is a small statue known as "The crapping sami" in the 70s (not certain if the name still goes) at the edge of the schoolyard.

And Mr Olafssen is probably a Norwegian immigrant (and as such an object of endless joking and ridicule) since the Swedish eqivalent of his name would be Olofsson.

The First 5 Year Plan

"who you gonna call?" asked Olafssen
"Ghostbusters!" sang GhostWriter
"No!!!" shouted Olafssen "We are going to call Hajji Giray I on his cellphone and remind him that he is late!"
"Oh" said GhostWriter dissapointedly
The mobile phone went through
"HAJJI! GET HERE NOW!" Screamed Olafssen through the phone.
"Ja ja" said Hajji and hung up.
"Today class, we are going to learn about the First 5 year plan. Your homework is to Find out how long a 5 year plan lasts. Anyway, In 1937, Sweden began its 5 year plan. During it, This school was given outside toilets to save money. Stockholm, and all the south cities were heavily industrialized and..."
The Bell rang.
"Oh crud" said Olafssen

Bullet said:
.."Today class, we are going to learn about the First 5 year plan. Your homework is to Find out how long a 5 year plan lasts..."
do we get a clue as to how long a 5 year plan lasts? :D

i know that a Soviet 5 year plan takes 20 years, but how efficient is a Swedish 5 year plan? :cool: