• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter I (1821 - 1836).
The new born Nation and the Independence of USCA and Texas.
It is the year of 1821, the end of the Fight for Independence seems to be very close, the main military leader of the Spanish forces, General Agustin de Iturbide, a “Criollo” (mexican born of Spanish mother and father) has something in mind to stop all the bloodshed that the War has caused for the last 11 years, and it is something very simple, join the Insurgentes (the fighters for the Independence) and finish with the Spanish rule in Mexico.
Agustin de Iturbide’s ideas are like the ones from the Insurgentes, he also wants a free country, “this land cannot be controlled and governed by an Empire so far from here”.
Seeing that the fight against the Insurgentes can take for many more years, he decides to meet with the Insurgentes leaders and form an alliance, “The independence can only be gained if the Insurgentes join forces with the Royal army under my command”, Agustin said, therefore, Agustin de Iturbide’s Royal forces and the Insurgente’s forces under Vicente Guerrero and Guadalupe Victoria creates one single Army, the “Ejercito Trigarante” and with the “Abrazo de Acatempan” (the Acatempan hug) the alliance is accorded.

banderatrigarante.png

Flag of the "Ejército Trigarante".
abrazodeacatempan.jpg

Abrazo de Acatempan.

After this, the Ejercito Trigarante continues the fight with the few still loyal Spanish troops and continues the march towards Mexico City, the last of the Spanish controlled cities in Mexico.
Mexico City is reached, it is September 27th of 1821, the “Ejercito Trigarante” enters Mexico City triumphantly with Agustin de Iturbide at the front of the parade where nearly 16,000 men participated. The Treaty of Cordova is signed.

trigarantegaritabelenpo.jpg

Agustin de Iturbide entrance to Mexico City.

Mexico is now an independent country, but now, the organization of the new Nation needs to start. There is a huge territorial extension that was gained with the Independence, there are areas very hard to access and territories with few inhabitants, how to bring progress to those areas?, how to even send governments to the provinces?, what is the type of government our Nation needs to have?, and a lot of much more questions are on the desk of the first Government Junta.
After days of discussions, and possibilities to consider, the Junta decides with the type of government where the Head of State will be one of the Independence war heroes, with the Title of “Primer Emperador de Mexico”, a Constitutional Monarchy is established, with HIM Don Agustin I as the First Mexican Emperor.

escudoagustini01.png

HIM Don Agustin I de Iturbide and the Imperial Coat of Arms.

The Empire is then divided in States, where State Governors send by the Emperor and approved by the congress will have control of the city administration. From the south part of the State of Costa Rica to the Northern parts of the States of California, New Mexico and Texas, the Empire send diplomats to establish governments and bring progress to every single State.

imperiomexicanomapa01.png

The States of the Mexican Empire.

It is a very hard task, since the most populated cities of this States had already some local governments, mostly wealthed people that controls everything, even people, and they are not agreed with the imposition of a Government imposed from Mexico City.
The new Empire that has just born is now facing their first revolts in the states of Guatemala to Costa Rica, Zacatecas, Yucatan and San Luis.
The revolts in Zacatecas, Yucatan and San Luis are crushed, but the one in the Central American States is a big problem, because of the distance the Imperial Army needs to travel, because of the exhaustion our troops have and because they are supported by some European Powers that are providing weapons and money to support the rebellion, in exchange of commerce rights for fruits and fish.
Our fears are confirmed, the Cental American States declare independence as the “Provincias Unidas de Centroamerica”, the Emperor Don Agustin did not recognized the Independence and started to organize the army to not being catch unprepared the next time a revolt happens and to integrate again these rebel States to the Empire.

independenciadeguatemal.jpg

Independence of the United States of Cental America.

The years passed, the progress in the Empire was slow, but organization was regained and a period of prosperity started.
The European Powers open Embassys in Mexico City, different commercial and economical treaties are signed and a process of colonization of the northern territories starts, specially in Texas, where families form the Unites States of America are allowed to enter Texas, to get free land and to be citizens of Mexico.

colonostexas.jpg

USA immigrants to Texas.

"Bring people to the inhabitated areas is extremely important, we need to start the development of the Empire and for that, we need resoureces and people to gather them". Says the Commerce Minister in the signing of the Document that allows the foreign people to enter Texas.
Everything is going very well, until some people starts to meet secretly in San Antonio to organize an Army to fight for the Independence of Texas.
"We are the ones that are in Texas, we are the ones that makes this land to produce, we are the ones that are making the Empire stronger, we should have our own country and this country will be Texas", says David Burnet, one of the leaders of the Texan uprise.

1989105davidburnetlg.jpg

David G. Burnet, leader and future President of Texas.

The fight starts with the capture of San Antonio by the Texan rebels and by making the Mexican garrison in the area to retreat to Matamoros.

captureofsanantonio.jpg

Capture of San Antonio by the Texans.

"His Majesty, we have bad news from Texas, San Antonio is taken by some Texan Rebels that want to declare Independence from the Empire, the Mexican army in San Antonio had to retreat to Matamoros", says General Martin Perfecto de Cos, commander of the Mexican garrison in Texas.
"What?, are you telling me that a group of rebels have taken San Antonio?, are these rebels looking for an Independent Texas, that is definetly not possible, this rebolt must be crushed immediatly", says HIM Don Agustin I.

Last edited:
It's great to see another Mexico AAR! My first V2 Game was with Mexico and i don't think I've seen one since badger_ken abandoned his a while back.

I think it's a little bit late for the contest as it finishes in about a week; the upshot of this is you would have to update daily! Did you edit the game so that you'll start as a Constitutional Monarchy or are you planning on doing things historically and reforming the empire with Maximilian?

Crush the Texan rebels!

I hope you create a Mexican Empire stretching from Panama to the border of Canada.

It's great to see another Mexico AAR! My first V2 Game was with Mexico and i don't think I've seen one since badger_ken abandoned his a while back.

I think it's a little bit late for the contest as it finishes in about a week; the upshot of this is you would have to update daily! Did you edit the game so that you'll start as a Constitutional Monarchy or are you planning on doing things historically and reforming the empire with Maximilian?

I have the game played until 1862, with screenshots, I just need to organize them and write the "History", today I will upload the chapter 2 and tomorrow the chapter 3, I think in one week I can finish with the 5 chapters at least.
I did not edit the game, I will do things to get the monarchy to trigger .

Crush the Texan rebels!

I hope you create a Mexican Empire stretching from Panama to the border of Canada.

That is my Idea, wait for chapter 2 and 3 to see how is the situation now :).

Chapter II (1836 - 1840).
The Texan Revolution and the First Mexican-American War.

An urgent meeting is held in the Chapultepec Palace to discuss the strategy to follow to crush this rebolt, but also other matters are in the table.
"Mr. Ministers, do we have now the complete record of the population, technology, treasury and resources we have?", says Don Agustin I.
"Of curse your majesty, we have collected all the information required and the situation is not as good as we would like to be, but it is definetly acceptable. We are running with green numbers, we are researching "Freedom of Trade" to increase the efficiency of our market, we sent an expedition to Colorado to colonize the Territory and all seems to be good, except the military. After the USCA War for Independence, our experienced units that were the barebone of the "Ejército Trigarante" in the War for our Independence are basically retired, and since that, we have not prepared new units, the regiments that we have now are basically Irregulars.", says the Minister of Interior.

"8 irregular brigades and only one professional brigade, this is not good, General Antonio López de Santa Anna, from now on, you will take care of the Imperial Army as the Minister of War and First Marshal of the Empire. Gentlemen thank you for your information, the meeting is over, I only need the Military members to be present to discuss the Texan campaign.", words of HIM Don Agustin I.

The strategy is simple, move as fast as possible all brigades to Texas and crush the rebelion, occupy all Texas and annex them.
The Texan Army commanded by Sam Houston is reached in Austin, the 27,000 men moved to Texas participated in the battle and crushed the Army of Texas, the complete 9,000 men from Texas are killed, wounded of captured with around 2,500 Mexican casualties. The occupation of Texas begins.

guerramextx.jpg

The capture of San Antonio and the fall of Texas.

The Texan goverment surrenders in November of 1836 and escaped to USA, the Mexican Empire annexes Texas and execute the Texan rebel leaders as they are consider as filibusters and pirates, not a regular Army.
"His Majesty, I have news from Texas, Marshal Santa Anna supressed the Texan rebelion and Texas is annexed to the Empire, but something that we did not consider is happening, the Texan goverment asked for US assistance, and since the USA recognized the Texan Independence, they have just declared WAR on us in December of 1836", words from General Bernardo Corra, who bringed the news from Texas.
"That USA scum, send a dispatch to Marshal Santa Anna that I will meet him in San Antonio to plan the strategy, in the military and political way, I will travel by land, we need the Mexican Fleet in Veracruz to protect any possible invasion to Veracruz and will take with me the new regular brigade graduated from the military college", words of Don Agustin I.
The Imperial Army retreated to San Antonio and waited for HIM Don Agustin I to arrive and plan the defense of the Empire. Meanwhile, the US army started to occupy Houston and then Austin, and with all this time passed, the Imperial Army recruited 2 more regular brigades that were moved to San Antonio.

santaanna01.jpg

HIM Don Agustin I in Texas with some assistants.

With the political way, it is impossible to sign peace, since the USA is forcing Mexico to recognize the Texan Independence, and the first battle seems to be very close, the USA army is moving to San Antonio.
From the starting 21,000 regulars and dragoons moved by the USA to Texas, about 1,000 died against the civil resistance and desease in the previous months and only 20,000 moved to San Antonio to fight the 24,000 (mostly irregulars) Imperial Army under Marshal Santa Anna, and a new brigade from Chihuahua for a total of 27,000.
The result, a succesfull Mexican Victory in San Antonio and the start of the fall of the USA invasion Army.

batallasanantonio.jpg

Glorious victory in San Antonio.

The strategy was to pursue the retreating armies to not let them gain organization and after the initial battle in San Antonio ended on August 30th 1837, all the next battles were victories against the retreating USA armies.

importantbattles.jpg

Some of the important battles in Texans against the USA army, some of them also in US soil.

The Imperial army recovered the occupied Texas and started the invasion of the USA, 3 brigades were separated from the main army to move North, to the Utah and Dakota territories, the main army, started to occupy Luissiana.

guerramexusa01.jpg

Capture of the Texan occupied states and battle of Houston.

guerramexusa02.jpg

Retreat of the US army east from Louisiana.

It is March 24th, 1839 and the USA send the first offer of peace, White Peace, this is going to be rejected and we will send our pece offer, HUMILIATE the USA.
In that same date, our colonization of Colorado finished and we decided o Colonize Oregon, and for our big surprise, some Russian families are already there, well, then we will start a race here to see who Colonize Oregon, with the help of an Irregular brigade in Oregon, or chances are bigger than the ones of the Russian Empire.
We continue with the US campaign and our Imperial Army is winning every single battle, always crushing new not organized brigades and have practically Utah, Dakota, Louisiana and the golf cost of the USA occupied.
Then on October 9th, 1839, we received an offer of pece, the USA is accepting the Humiliation and the War is over, a Mexican victory and USA humiliated.

pazconusa.jpg

Peace offer from the USA.

That victory over the USA give the Empire a lot of prestige and it is just a matter of time to get into the Great Powers, as after the War, our position is number 7, and finally, on April 8th, 1840, we removed the USA from the Great Powers group to include ourselves.

potenciamundial.jpg

The Mexican Empire, a World Power in 1840.

After the succesful victory over Texas and the USA, we have another matter that needs attention, the Rebels in the USCA.

Last edited:
(...) there is a contest in the one I would like to be included if it is still time :)

If you intend to join my contest you need to formerly sign up to it in the contest thread like everyone else.
It will be closed for further sign ups TODAY, so you should do that fast if you want to participate.

If you intend to join my contest you need to formerly sign up to it in the contest thread like everyone else.
It will be closed for further sign ups TODAY, so you should do that fast if you want to participate.

Thank you Alexspeed, I just signed in your thread.

Thank you for taking part in the contest and good luck!
I linked your thread in the contest list, and I will follow your AAR :)

Mind that the contest ends on the 15th November and you will need to have 5 chapters for the contest till then,
so please update your AAR accordingly, because every missing chapter from the 5 necessary
will give you -20 points substracted from your total score.
I hope you will be able to get the chapters necessary in time. :)

Also thank you for your first 2 chapters, looking good, well done!
So you still need 3 more for the contest.

Are you using my MIP that is required for the contest?
I am asking because you nowhere mentioned it, and from the 2 small screens you posted I am 100% sure that those are not the colours from my mod.
Reference picture:
details15.jpg

Last edited:
How did you manage to win that war so easily?

Thank you for taking part in the contest and good luck!
I linked your thread in the contest list, and I will follow your AAR :)

Mind that the contest ends on the 15th November and you will need to have 5 chapters for the contest till then,
so please update your AAR accordingly, because every missing chapter from the 5 necessary
will give you -20 points substracted from your total score.
I hope you will be able to get the chapters necessary in time. :)

Also thank you for your first 2 chapters, looking good, well done!
So you still need 3 more for the contest.

Are you using my MIP that is required for the contest?
I am asking because you nowhere mentioned it, and from the 2 small screens you posted I am 100% sure that those are not the colours from my mod.

Indeed, those 2 map images are without the MIP, but the next ones are with the MIP mod, by the way it is very cool.

How did you manage to win that war so easily?

Please check what I did to win this WAR HERE.

Probably I was a little lucky that the USA Army attacked me when I was in a province with a fort, then I was just fighting against retreating non-organized armies and isolated brigades.

Last edited:
Indeed, those 2 map images are without the MIP, but the next ones are with the MIP mod, by the way it is very cool.

Well, ok, then lets see your next update please.

Please note that i will take AAR´s, that dont have proven that they are using my MIP, out of the contest after the 15th November.
So you need at least one chapter that proves you are using my mod to stay in the contest!

Your AAR wont be judged until such an update is in place, but i guess you are allready working on it :)

This AAR inspired me to play a game as Mexico, and it's probably been the oddest game of Vicky Ive ever played. Are Partido Liberal a pain for you too?

Perhaps the oddest thing was Germany forming in 1847...
V2_2-4.jpg

Chapter III (1840 - 1845).
The Mexican War of Honduras and Nicaragua.

The win over the USA gives the Empire a lot of prestige and confidence in their army, and most of that prestige is becasue the very well organized Irregulars shown a strict discipline in the conflict against the USA.
This confidence, and the truce with the USA, besides the weakenest and exhaustion they have for the lost war, give the Empire the time to decide to move south, to crush the unrecognized USCA nation. The army is organized in the Ejército del Norte commanded by Marshal Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, and the First Army of experimented Irregulars, commanded by the General Alvaro Rincon Gallardo, both armies march south to the border with the USCA. At the same moment, something is telling us that the USA is buying weapons from us, well, money is money, and we need it, so let the merchant do business.

ejercitoalsur.jpg

The Ejercito del Norte and the First Army moving south.

Only one brigade is left in the north, the Second Army commanded by General Ernesto Mejia which mission is to secure the colonization of Colorado, which is already a Mexican state, Oregon and if possible, Idaho and Oklahoma.
Something crazy is that the Russians sent some families to populate the area and claim the territory for the Czar, but this will not be possible, Oregon will be Mexican, as well as Utah and maybe Oklahoma if we do not arrive to late.

colonizationinnorth.jpg

Colonization of Oregon and Utah.

The First Army and the Ejercito del Norte march South to the USCA border, preparing the Invasion the Emperor waits in Mexico City to meet with Marshal Santa Anna. The plan is to conquer Honduras and Nicaragua for the Empire in no more than 18 months, to avoid a possible support from the USA to the USCA.
"Why not include Costa Rica in the War Goal?, it will be only Guatemala to conquer in the near future for the Empire." Says Don Agustin I.
"His Majesty, the Infamy that we will gain if we do that action will be very risky, we will give casus belli to the Great Powers to containt us and probably one will interveine in the War, I strongly recommend to stay below the Infamy limit and go for Honduras and Nicaragua", says Marshal Santa Anna.
The War is declared on November 8th, 1840 and the Invasion begins to the whole Guatemala state and the capital city of the USCA. We are not surprised that Venezuala and Ecuador declared War to the Mexican Empire in support of their ally, but we are not worry, they don't have enough forces to movilize and to move to the War Theatre. The resistance commanded by General and President of the USCA General Francisco Morazan is destroyed in 4 important battles and by February 15th, 1842, the USCA accepted peace and Honduras and Nicaragua will be part of the Mexican Empire.

conquistahondurasnicara.jpg

Mexican Conquest of Honduras and Nicaragua.

Another successful victory for the Mexican Imperial Army, and now, the disband of the Irregulars, these brave organized men commanded by the now new Marshal Alvaro Rincon Gallardo march for the last time in Mexico city. Some of these man join the regular army with the experience they have now, and some others returned to their homes and to work in the agriculture, with new land given by the Emperor and a very good indemnization for the services they gave to the Empire, "God Save These Brave Men, with these men, our Empire is secure and any other Great Power will think twice if they want to intervene in Mexican affairs.

retirodeirregulares.jpg

Last Parade for the Glorious Irregular First Army.

During the war, the Colonization of Oregon was completed, by September 27th, 1841, and by February 19th, 1843 we finished with the colonization of Idaho, now, we will move fast ot get into Oklahoma, where the USA has already 55% of colonization, but our Second Army will accelerate the process and we succeded, by September 30th, 1844 Oaklahoma is now part of the Mexican Empire.

colonizacionoklahoma.jpg

Colonization of Oklahoma and Casus Belli against Peru.

Some few months later of the colonization of Oklahoma, on April 11th, 1845, a Mexican merchant ship was seized by the customs of Peru, violating all International free trade rules and worst of all, it is not the first time that happens. The Mexican Empire gains with this a Cut Down To Size casus belli against the goverment of Peru, the time of peace seems to be ended soon because the Empire will not tolerate any abuses of a foreign country to Mexican merchant ships, prepare to War.

Please note that i will take AAR´s, that dont have proven that they are using my MIP, out of the contest after the 15th November.
So you need at least one chapter that proves you are using my mod to stay in the contest!

Your AAR wont be judged until such an update is in place, but i guess you are allready working on it :)

Hello Alex, here is Chapter 3, using your MIP mod.

This AAR inspired me to play a game as Mexico, and it's probably been the oddest game of Vicky Ive ever played. Are Partido Liberal a pain for you too?

Perhaps the oddest thing was Germany forming in 1847...

Well not really, I got the Liberals for just 2 consecutive periods but from then, the Conservadores are in power. In my game, I still have Prussia and I'm in 1860.

There is a Peru War, Ecuador War, another Mexican-American War and a War against Great Britain to come for the next couple of chapters :)

Hello Alex, here is Chapter 3, using your MIP mod.

Well done, thank you for that! :)
Your AAR is now ready to be judged with this update and out of danger to be taken off the contest.
2 more updates still needed for the contest.

Btw, do you like the color i have chosen for Mexico?
And hows your infamy doing? I guess youre bordering the 25 pretty close now?

Well done, thank you for that! :)
Your AAR is now ready to be judged with this update and out of danger to be taken off the contest.
2 more updates still needed for the contest.

Btw, do you like the color i have chosen for Mexico?
And hows your infamy doing? I guess youre bordering the 25 pretty close now?

Yes, I like the colors and as you said, I was almost to the Infamy limit.

One question, I know edits to previous chapters are not allowed at this moment, but I see one of my screenshots image is broken in chapter I, I'm checking in Imageshak and the image is there, but does not display anything. Can I update the Image?
Thank you.

One question, I know edits to previous chapters are not allowed at this moment, but I see one of my screenshots image is broken in chapter I, I'm checking in Imageshak and the image is there, but does not display anything. Can I update the Image? Thank you.

Sure such edits i grant allways, i just have to be aware of them :)

- Edit of chapter 1 granted on the 09-11-2010 to correct images