• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter VI (1858-1865)
The UK Declares War to the Mexican Empire.

With the USCA totally occupied, the invasion of British Guatemala in Belize begins, the “Ejército del Centro” under General Maximiliano de Itrubide y Habsburgo is ordered to move North, to Oregon and Marshal Romulo de Iturbide is reassigned to command the “Ejército del Centro”, General Maximiliano will be now under the orders of his uncle.
The “Ejército del Norte” under Marshal Santa Anna also begins its move to Oregon, leaving the Occupation of Belize and the protection of the South to the “Ejército de Centroamerica” under Marshal Rincon Gallardo, that it is reinforced by the new formed Dragoons 1st army.
The organization of the Imperial army is now as follows:
“Ejército del Norte” under Marshal Santa Anna consists of 6 infantry, 2 artillery and 2 cavalry brigades with a total of 30k men.
“Ejército del Centro” under Marshal Iturbide consists of 6 infantry, 2 artillery and 2 cavalry brigades with a total of 30k men.
“Ejército de Centroamerica” under Marshal Rincon Gallardo consists of 6 infantry, 2 artillery and 2 cavalry brigades with a total of 30k men.
“Caballeria 1” under General Maximiliano de Iturbide consists of 4 cavalry brigades for a total of 12k men; this unit will support the “Ejército del Centro” and “Ejército del Norte”.
“Dragones 1” under General Ramon Sarmaniego consists of 5 dragoon brigades for a total of 15k men; this unit will support the “Ejército de Centroamerica”.
“Transporte del Golfo” under Admiral Jose Woll with 6 transport ships.
“Armada De Mexico” under Admiral Pedro Arista with 6 Man’o’ war and 1 Frigate
“Transporte del Pacifico” under Admiral Pablo Kosterlitszy with 8 transport ships.
“Armada del Pacifico” under Admiral Angel Cervantes with 5 Man’o’war.

mxicanarmy1858.jpg

Organization of the Army in 1858.

The British mobilize their army in Canada and moves the troops to the Mexican border, they begin the invasion by sieging Portland, Klamath Falls, and Baker City in Oregon, besides Court d’ Alene in Idaho. The Mexican Imperial Army stays in Boise, Pocatello and Salt Lake city, basically waiting, the strategy is not to attack first to the British, but wait and let them attack the fortified Mexican positions. A British army consisted at the beginning of around 35k men moves to the south, to rescue Belize, but in is a crazy march, all the Mexican territory, finally when they arrive they are just 8k exhausted men to try to recover Belize, the first engagement between British and Mexican troops happens on December 2nd, 1858 in Sayaxche, occupied province from the USCA, the “Ejército de Centroamerica” under Marshal Rincon Gallardo gives the British the first defeat of the War, the brave British army under General James Seaton is totally annihilated on January 3rd, 1859. The British underestimated the Mexican troops and got their first lesson.

batallamexuk1.jpg

Battle of Sayaxche, Mexican Victory.

This victory gives confidence to the Imperial Troops in the North, and even an invasion to the Cayman Islands and Jamaica is planned. The Armada de Mexico and Transporte del Golfo are in position for the invasion, and the Dragoons are sent to the Caribbean. The Armada de Mexico patrols the area and the Invasion of the Cayman Islands begins, but once the brigade arrives the Island, the Transport ships are forced to return to Bacalar because the Armada de Mexico finds the British fleet in the Caribbean and the Invasion to Jamaica is cancelled. The British fleet reach the Mexican fleet in the Jamaica Channel and forced the Mexican fleet to retreat to San Pedro Sula, after losing the Naval battle and 1 frigate.

batallamexuk2.jpg

Naval battle in the Jamaica Channel.

The British naval superiority is obvious, and the Mexican fleet is no match for them, the Emperor decides to maintain the Mexican Fleet in ports and not lose the ships.
In the south everything is perfect, Belize is occupied as well as the Cayman Islands, after the Cayman Islands occupation, a quick move by the transport ships brings back the army that occupied the Cayman Islands and no men were killed in the mission.
The theatre in the South seems to be decided, unless the British brings an army from England or maybe the British Guyana in South America.
Now the situation is in the North, and as we are expecting, the British decides to engage the Mexican troops in Boise and the biggest battle in the War begins on June 20th, 1859. The main British force of the North, about 40k men under General Douglas Hamilton and General William Jellicoe, attacks the fortress of Boise defended by Marshal Iturbide and 26k men. But General Maximiliano’s Cavalry and the Santa Anna’s “Ejercito del Norte” are in their way to reinforce the positions and on July 31st, 1859, after 1 months of daily fighting, the Mexican Imperial Army obtain a great Victory in the Battle of Boise. With this lose, the fall of the British forces in Canada begins.

batallamexuk3.jpg

Battle of Boise.

After the battle, the Mexican Imperial troops started to engage the retreating British troops with the mission of annihilate them before they gain organization. The strategy works perfectly and the Imperial Troops are gaining every single battle in the British way to Canada. After these glorious victories, the British starts to send the peace offer and they agreed to cede Costa Rica to the Mexican Empire, but the Emperor Don Agustin I decides to includes a War Goal to the War, the main War goal is the acquisition of Costa Rica from the USCA, but now, with the British intervention, on November 27th, 1859, Acquire British Guatemala is added to the peace treaty.

batallamexuk4.jpg

Mexican - British battles in the North border.

batallamexuk5.jpg

Attempt to recover Oregon by the British.

The British army of Canada was totally annihilated and reinforcements will take a lot of time to arrive, this makes the British to consider continuing the War, and on October 2nd, 1860, the British sends the Mexican Empire the peace offer, accepting to cede Costa Rica from the USCA and British Guatemala from the British. A glorious victory for the Mexican Empire.

pazmexuk.jpg

Peace treaty and new Mexican Borders.

The British Guatemala gives the Empire a Level 8 Cement Factory, this with the Louisiana Small Arms Factory and the Mexico Fabric Factory, the path to industrialization is on their way.
The USCA becomes Guatemala, Peru is included into the Mexican Sphere of Influence and the USA decided to Manifest Destiny in 1862.
The Emperor Don Agustin I, gives a speech to his people:
“People of Mexico, our arms have been covered with glory in the Wars fought the last decades, the Imperial Army is a great protector of the national security and the economic and industrial grow is giving you people good jobs and resources to bring to your families the meals of each day. The time does not pass in vain and I’m getting old. The great Marshal Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna and the Great Marshal Alvaro Rincon Gallardo are now retired from the Imperial Army and will take part of the Imperial Council and I think it is time to let the young strong people to take the leadership of the Empire. I decide on this day, January 8th, 1863, with the new elected Conservator Imperial Congress, to present my abdication to the Imperial Crown in favor of my Son, the General Maximiliano de Iturbide y Habsburgo, who will become the Emperor Don Maximiliano de Itrubide y Habsburgo. Long Live the new Emperor Meximiliano I.
I will be part of the Imperial Council and be serving the Empire now as a subject”.

emperormaximiliano.jpg

Emperor Maximiliano I and new Empire’s fag and Coat of Arms.

The first actions of the New Emperor is to connect the entire Empire with Railroads. The Economy is in perfect shape, the administration of the Empire under Don Agustin I was excellent and the new Emperor has the resources to start the new Imperial Railway from north to south.

imperialrailway.jpg

Construction of the Imperial Railway.

It is a period of peace and inquietude, because of the Manifest Destiny in the USA, giving a Casus Belli against the Empire, the “Ejército del Centro” and “Ejército del Norte” are placed in Shrevenport, Louisiana and Houston, Texas, and a US army of around 36k men is placed in Hotsprings, in the Border with Mexico.
Being this our main worry for the moment, we do not count with the expiration of the Truce with the UK, and because of the Acquisition of Belize, they are looking for revenge and with our Infamy at 26.75, just 1.73 above the limit, the UK wants revenge and Declares War on the Mexican Empire with the CB of “Contain Mexico” on October 7th, 1865.
This time is different; as it is a defensive War, our allies are automatically called on October 10th, 1865 and the Imperial Army is already prepared, but now with our allies, we are kind of worry that we will need to send some troops to South America to help our brothers if they need it.

secondmexicanbritishwar.jpg

The Second Mexican – British War.

greatpowers1865.jpg

The Great Powers in 1865.

Last edited:
Very interesting AAR. Always good to see an Empire on the rise! :)

Any reason in particular why you added Japan to your Sphere?

Well, I wanted to have a good ally in Asia for my plans of expanding there, but the Wars in America are keeping me busy. I have a strong Ally in Japan, let's see how this new conflict with the UK goes.

Thank you for your Chapter 6!

A very good read that was, congratulations on giving the UK such a whopping defeat, lets see if you can repeat that.
Your Allies could really complicate this war, they surly are not as prepared as you to welcome british troops.
The good thing is that the UK most likely has most of its troops not in the Americas, and will need time to get them to you.
If i had to guess, i would say this will end in a white peace without too much bloodshed.

Thank you for your Chapter 6!

A very good read that was, congratulations on giving the UK such a whopping defeat, lets see if you can repeat that.
Your Allies could really complicate this war, they surly are not as prepared as you to welcome british troops.
The good thing is that the UK most likely has most of its troops not in the Americas, and will need time to get them to you.
If i had to guess, i would say this will end in a white peace without too much bloodshed.

White peace, mmmmm, I don't think so, this will cost the British the State of Washington :)

Wait, you're winning against the British? Go Mexico!

It's quite rare to see Japan westernise unfortunately, glad to see they've done so here.

The Contest has reached its end now, and is closed for further chapters!

Anything posted after this posting will not be taken in account from any judge.
You are also free to continue your AAR in any style and form that you prefer,
and arnt bound by any contest rules any more.

Thank you very much for your participation!

The final Overview Posting is here!

The judging is in progress, watch the contest thread
for the announcment of the scores as soon as i get them. :)

What about the Caribbean?

Hard to navigate, there is a British Fleet of more than a 100 Frigates, I don't want to waste resources there.

An advance of my chapter VII, a combined Venezuelan-Colombian-Chilean-Peruvian force has taken British Guyana and Trinidad and Tobago :).

I am very much liking this. I also think that you should not stop at conquering the United States if you can pull it off. I think you should take Canada as well as the entirety of the Carribean and make Mexico the only nation in North America if you can.

Go Mexico! I knew you could blast the British out of the Northern Hemisphere! Like Tanzhang, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Japan'll actually westernize - even still, you've got your bases (really) well covered and seem to be doing a good job of updating your economy to match - Don Agustin's progress is inspiring to watch. Just be warned - now that the British've tasted loss, they'll probably come back twenty times more prepared, much like real life. When they do, be ready to cede no ground!

An advance of my chapter VII, a combined Venezuelan-Colombian-Chilean-Peruvian force has taken British Guyana and Trinidad and Tobago :).

Exciting teaser! :)

Sorry, I have been very busy at work, but this weekend I will add Chapter VII, as I described, check my faithfull allies invading the British possessions in South America.

fuerzamultinacional.jpg

And another great teaser right there! :) I love seeing allies fight hard, as well! Don't worry about work getting in the way - life happens, it comes first. We'll all be right here when the update comes! :D Excited to see the incredible battle before our very eyes.

The contest is over and i present you your final rank:

3180943contest-placement-11.jpg

jafloresl - History, as should have been written: A Victoria II Mexico AAR.

Now we have the last one of the unluckys who didnt made it in the Top 10.
Your AAR had to suffer the fate of beeing ranked at position 11.

You deffinatly would have deserved to be in the Top 10 like alot of others.
Your AAR is good and a great read, i like the pictures you used to illustrate it alot.
Those Uniforms and battle scenes have just a certain feel to them for me.

I am sure you might be alittle dissapointed, but dont be,
you did a great job and entertained your readers pretty well! :)

You also got a 99 points score, so that prooves further
that you did somethig right here!

When you will see that you missed the Top 10 only for 13 points
you will realize that you are a worthy competitor in this contest.

Hold your head high and keep on writing AAR´s, your readers will follow for sure! :)

I thank you for competing and i wish you all the best!

Chapter VII (1865-1871)
The UK wants to contain the Mexican Empire and the American Civil War.

It is October in 1865, State of War is again the situation of the Mexican Empire and the troops are already prepared and placed in the North front, due to the recent conflict with the UK.
The view of the war in the British Empire is divided, some Lords, Generals and members of the royal council sees the war as something dangerous, they have the risk of being defeated again and lose prestige, a second defeat against a young Empire from Latin America is definitely not acceptable.
Some other members sees that in the previous war, the Mexican Empire was definitely underestimated and the lost was more a consequence of problems in the British India and Central Asia, that required the full attention of the British main forces.
What they are agreed is that the British forces will not only attack with their army from Canada, but will send also troops from India and the British mainland.

britishempire.jpg

The British Empire.​

The Mexican view of the war is also cautious, the confidence they have because of the previous win, the acquisition of British land in North America (Belize) as recompense and the alliance the Empire has with almost all Latin America, makes the government more secure.
The Mexican Imperial Army has gained a lot of experience in the recent wars, the Mexican Marshals and Generals have also developed a Military staff system that works very well. With any doubt defeating the Great Super Power of the World is something to consider, and if the British wants to contain the Mexican Empire, they will need to send a huge force to North America.
One of the main worries in the Mexican forces is how the Latin American allies will fight; the Imperial Army is in no position of sending troops to South America to help our brothers, just some military advisors. The Mexican forces will focus completely in the North, where the British invasion will take place.

maxycarlota.jpg

Emperor Don Maximiliano and Empress Carlota​

Windsor Palace, London.
Queen Victoria: “Well, how are the things in British Canada?”
Lords & Generals: “Your Majesty, the British main force has arrived in New Found land and will travel to the west coast to join the army of Canada that is located in Calgary. Some reinforcements are traveling from India and will arrive in a couple of months to the north front. We are just waiting to gather a good force to get into Mexican land.”
Queen Victoria: “Why don’t we blockade Veracruz or whatever the name is and start an invasion to central Mexico? we need to finish this War quick.”
Lords & Generals: “We thought about that your majesty, but we believe that an invasion to central Mexico will be disastrous, that was one mistake we made in the previous wars and remember it cost us Belize. We strongly believe that a full invasion with the main forces focus on the north front will be less painful and will end soon.”
Queen Victoria: “What about their allies? do we have an important force in British Guyana?.”
Lords & Generals: “No your majesty, we think that if we do not act against them, they will not act against us, they can’t mobilize a force all the way to the North of Mexico, they will be focusing on defending their land, we will send a defending force to Guyana and focus completely in Mexico.”
Queen Victoria: “Well, you are the ones that know how to play the war game, keep me informed and do not weak our forces in India, remember that Central Asia is extremely important for us.”

queenvictoriaandlords.jpg

Queen Victoria discussing about the War.​

Chapultepec Palace, Mexico City.
Emperor Max: “Again the British, should not they learned from the previous lesson?. We need to prepare the strategy, it must be similar as it was in the previous wars, let the British be exhausted and let us take advantage of the land we know. The Imperial Guard will protect central Mexico, as well as the First Cavalry Army in case of a British invasion. Everybody else must be sent to the North front, do not go over Washington, take defensive positions in Oregon and the neighboring key places. Marshals of Mexico, you know what to do. What do you know about the advisors we sent to South America?”
Marshals & Generals: “We have been informed you Majesty that they have a plan of a combined invasion to British Guyana. We believe that this will take the British more busy in gathering forces there than in invading the costal main cities in South America. Spy vessels have confirmed that the British have no presence in the Pacific or Atlantic waters close to the continent, this give us the time to mobilize the combined South American troops to British Guyana and strike. About the Imperial troops in the North front, don’t worry your Majesty, they are already placed in the strengthened positions. The Imperial Railways were an excellent inversion your Majesty, our mobilization into all parts of the Empire is more quicker that the sea transportation”.

maximilianoandgenerals.jpg

Emperor Maximiliano preparing for war.​

According to foreign press and military experts, the total strength of the Mexican Empire and the Latin American alliance is bigger than the one of the British Empire, counting that Japan also joined the War in favor of its allies the Mexican Empire. But nobody knows what the Japanese will do in this War, since they are far away from the conflict.
Mexico moves around 120,000 men into the North front as the British crossed the border and started the invasion in Oregon and Idaho with around 80,000 men initially. Only the guard brigade and the First cavalry are protecting Mexico City, with around 30,000 men combined and the Ejército de Centroamerica close to reinforce in case of needed (located in Honduras).
In the south, the British also started the invasion of Venezuela, while the forces of Colombia, Chile, Peru and Brazil are mobilizing to join the Venezuelan army to make the British retreat.

mexicanadvance.jpg

Mexican advance to the North front.​

The situation is as expected, a full British invasion in the North and the Mexican mobilization to the key places that will offer an extra defensive bonus.
Seeing that the British divided their forces to siege some other provinces, Marshal Iturbide decide to attack the British forces in Portland, having the first battle of the War and a decisive Mexican victory.
After the battle, the order is to face the main British force in Klamath Falls, where the remaining of the British force in Portland was retreating. This battle will be decisive, since the British force placed in the area is 50,000 men, if the battle is won, then the rest will be just chasing the British forces and dive them back to Canada.

battleofportland.jpg

Battle of Portland and Mexican advance to Klamath Falls.​

Meanwhile, something happened during this conflict that requires some attention by our Empire, and this event is the American Civil War.
We definitely will support the Confederate States of America, we need a divided neighbor in the north to maintain our supremacy in the area, and having an ally that will help in the containment of the USA is a must. For now, we don’t have so much to do but to send war subsidies to the CSA and hope we can finish with the War with the British to help the CSA in their fight.

acwx.jpg

The CSA declares Independence from the USA.​

The Mexican forces arrives to Klamath falls numbering 90,000 men, under Marshal Iturbide and his military staff, in Klamath falls the British forces of around 50,000 men under General Lord Horatio Windsor are waiting and preparing the defense.
The defense is strong, something the British learned from the previous war, were the Mexicans were basically taking defensive positions and advantage of the land. This time, Marshal Iturbide decided to attack and knowing that this can be disastrous, he knows that the one that wins this battle will be the one that will win the war.
Marshal Iturbide gives the orders to the general staff to take positions and start the attack, Generals Corona and Pedraza started the attack and the casualties in both sides are big, morale is high and it will be a matter of days or weeks to know who will start to lose morale first. The British supplies are not enough and the Mexican forces are very well rested, this is tilting the balance in favor of the Mexican forces.
One of the British flanks is now broke with the Cavalry charge by General Corona and the support of the General’s Corra Dragoons. This is the start of the British fall in Klamath Falls, and in 2 weeks, the British forces were defeated and forced to march north, to Baker city, were 24,000 British were sieging the place.

battleklamathfalls.jpg

Battle of Klamath Falls, Mexican decisive victory.​

Marshal Iturbide was right, after Klamath Falls, the rest will be just chasing the British army all the way until they go back completely to Canada.
The campaign is disastrous for the British Empire, during the retreat, they can’t organize another good attack, not even a good defense, and battle after battle, the loses are big and the prestige and moral falling, completely the opposite as the Mexicans, that each win is giving the Empire prestige and morale to continue with the War.

mainbattles.jpg

Main battles in the conflict.​

The situation in the North is excellent; the Mexican forces are defeating the British and starting an Invasion in Washington and Canada.
The situation in the South is also very good the British forces were defeated in Guyana and an allied force of South American nations is starting to occupy Guyana. This is a big good surprise for the Mexican Empire, because in the beginning, the worry was how to protect our brothers in South America, but now, they are doing their job in an excellent way, with the advices of the Mexican officers serving in the combined Latin American forces.

fuerzamultinacional.jpg

Latin American alliance defeating the British in Guyana.​

After all these defeats, the British decided to send the White Peace offer to the Mexican Empire, but the offer is rejected and instead, the Mexicans added a war goal to the conflict, “Acquire Washington”.
Confidence is so strong that Don Maximiliano decided that it is time to Intervene in the American Civil War in the side of the Confederate States, and in March 24th, 1867, Mexico started to send troops to the Confederate lands to join the War.
The British situation was getting bad, because they are losing the war with Mexico, and the Russians are mobilizing to Central Asia, the Japanese are influencing China, the French are invading South East Asia, there are revolts in India and there is no reason to continue with the War, the other territories must be protected.
It was a matter of a few more months, and in October 15th, 1867, exactly 2 years since the War with the British started, the British accepted the Mexican terms and Washington is converted in the newest Mexican state.

britishpeaceaccepted.jpg

British accepted peace giving Washington to Mexico.​

With the peace signed with the British Empire, now the army can completely move to the Eastern front, in the CSA.
The first targets will be to retake the CSA land occupied by the USA, and start the invasion of the USA in their northwest border, to try to divide their forces and finish with the war as soon as possible.
During all this period, we managed to include the CSA into our Sphere of Influence and with this, to strength our alliance.
The Mexican Imperial troops arrived to one scenario that it is key in this conflict, Memphis.
In Memphis, there are around 50,000 US troops occupying the area, if the battle is won, the morale of the CSA will boost and our path to Washington DC will be clear.
The forces under General Muzquiz arrive and engaged the forces of General Cyrus Schofield in Memphis. The US is now fighting the bloodiest battle in the war so far, and reinforcements are close, but so are the Mexican troops in the area, retaking the land the US occupied from the CSA.
The result is the first US defeat of the War, and the Mexican win in favor of the Confederate States.

battleofmemphis.jpg

Battle of Memphis.​

After this defeat, and knowing that now the British are out of the War with Mexico, and having the total of the Mexican troops available to invade the USA, the government started to debate if it is time to sign peace and recognize the CSA.
The debate is taking weeks, and during this time, the Mexican army is defeating battle after battle the US troops, and the Confederates are also gaining land in the US.
The Mexican troops arrives to Washington DC, and started the siege, forcing the US government to accept the peace terms offered by the Confederate States, and recognize the independence of the new Nation in the South on February 26th, 1869.

acwmainbattles.jpg

Mexican forces in Washington DC.

acwpeace.jpg

Peace and stats after the war.​

Finally peace, after nearly 5 years of fight, Mexican Imperial Army once again was victorious and consolidates the status of a Great Power in the world and the strongest nation in America.
There is still one issue that worries the Emperor, and it is Guatemala. Now with a truce with the British Empire and a truce with USA, with the Confederate States as an ally and our Latin American brothers in the south, well, there is no obstacle to include Guatemala into the Empire and finally have what it was once the Mexican Empire, from Costa Rica to Canada.
The decision is unanimous invade Guatemala and annex it to the Empire, the declaration of war was sent and on September 4th, 1870, the Mexican army occupied Guatemala and by January 19th, 1871, Guatemala was annexed to the Empire.

mexicanempireborders.jpg

Borders of the Mexican Empire in 1871.

mexicanempire.jpg

Celebrations in Veracruz during HIM Don Maximiliano's visit.

worldpowers1871.jpg

World Powers in 1871.​

Last edited:
After 3 months, finally I have posted Chapter VII, I will continue with my AAR until I finish it.

After 3 months, finally I have posted Chapter VII, I will continue with my AAR until I finish it.

Huzzah. Hopefully you can continue to kick ass and take names. Who knows, maybe you might even be able to annex the USA. After that, the only thing standing between you and ownership of the entirety of North America will be the weak Confederate States and Canada.