• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Marco, I wanted to post my comments from the EU 3 OscAAR thread, here for you. Well done, Sir! :)

If any of your readers still wants to vote, voting will continue until July 4, I understand!

For some reason, I always seem to vote for those AARs who are trailing by the time I vote! :D

I really enjoyed Gabor's Danzig AAR. Many of the others were of high quality also. Maybe I just look for different things, though, than most voters.

For me, this was a choice between Tommy4Ever's Habsburg AAR and Marco Oliverio's Granada AAR, and after reading through both I'm definitely choosing Histories of the Islamic Countries.

Marco just did such a great job at the many things I enjoy seeing in AARs -- great use of screenshots (too many, maybe, at times, but there was always something to show what was going on), great presentation -- he knows how to communicate what's going on by using whatever tools he needs to use, he includes fiction scenes, which can be challenging, and is risky because if it's not done well can detract, he's included well-researched historical interludes as a counterpoint to the fiction and gameplay updates, he's labeled his scenes and screenshots in a way that communicates well, and he even includes the personality of his rulers in the story. What's more, he did reasonably well for a challenging country.

I'm very impressed -- well done!

Rensslaer

Wow - thanks! I really appreciate the heads-up! I had no idea. :)

I'm going to check out the OscAAR thread, too. And thanks for the comments! It's given me a bit of a kick in the butt to get the Aydin one back on track!