• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1637625636268.png

For anyone who encounters this issue, and has different steam install folders on different drives, consider switching which drive CK2 is installed on. Fixed the issue for me :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Still playing with HIP even into 2021 until CK3 gets as fleshed out as CK2. That's how great this mod is.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Where I can download the HIP? Thanks

• 1Like
Reactions:
Where I can download the HIP? Thanks

In the opening post
The very first line

IF you play with EMF,..
then you might want to add this fan made bug fix :
Disclaimer: Only recommended by me from reading about it.
I haven't played the mod as a whole in quite a while and lack experience with this one.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I reinstalled CK2,HIP and all my workshop mods and When I started a new save before setting the rules this happens to the interface.
so I disabled all my workshop mods and played with only HIP and still this problem
When I launched without any mods it worked right
I deleted HIP and reinstalled it, deleted all my mods and only installed HIP and it still didn't work
You can still see and press the start game button but the game crashes when you do it
I also adjusted the screen resolution and between fullscreen and bordered

Attachments

• 20211222100636_1.jpg
    20211222100636_1.jpg
    358,6 KB · Views: 0
  • version.txt
    222 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi for whatever reason I'm having a major graphical bug with Oghuz characters, their portraits become blank and you can't interact with themView attachment 790962
Update: now all portraits are blank and can't be interacted with, this seemed to only happen after a certain point of time while playing, I have all the portrait dlc's btw. Does anyone have any clue as to why this could be happening.

I swear the download link in the very first line of the OP isn't working. Opens another tab that instantly closes itself (though the Mediafire mirror in the release/changelog thread is working as it should be).

I swear the download link in the very first line of the OP isn't working. Opens another tab that instantly closes itself (though the Mediafire mirror in the release/changelog thread is working as it should be).

Nope.
I'm on Win10 and works fine for me.
No instantly closing.

Might be your settings or security programs being the issue.

Last edited:
Download link is dead.

Disagree. Works for me.
Be sure that pop-ups are not disallowed/blocked, though weirdly when i clicked it now to test, it began downloading directly
without a pop-up box asking first.

Doesn't work with disabled AdBlock as well. Link's dead for me too.

The link as such is not dead.
Period.
Not working for you is not the same as "dead".

What about such settings (disallowing pop ups) in your browser ?
Should still work in Firefox, as it does for me, but wouldn't be surprised if Chrome is overly zealous.

As mentioned before, you can use the Mediafire link in the release thread alternatively :

Click on "MediaFire Mirror" to open another tab of the download page, instead of the automated download pop-up window.
The versions are the same.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Is there a way to remove the "Both Rebel" opinion modifier? I'm having a really good time with this mod but it does bring my mood down abit when every single faction rebellion is able to raise 5x the amount of men I have when they hold less than a quarter of my realm because of all the rebels having a guaranteed 100 opinion of the faction rebel leader.

The link as such is not dead.
Period.
Not working for you is not the same as "dead".

What about such settings (disallowing pop ups) in your browser ?
Should still work in Firefox, as it does for me, but wouldn't be surprised if Chrome is overly zealous.

As mentioned before, you can use the Mediafire link in the release thread alternatively :

Click on "MediaFire Mirror" to open another tab of the download page, instead of the automated download pop-up window.
The versions are the same.
I said the link is dead *for me too*. Why are you so mad at me

I said the link is dead *for me too*. Why are you so mad at me

I wasn't mad. It was criticism of your claim of it to be dead and you were wrong.
I just said that it is not dead and you were the second who claimed it to be.
Not working is not 'dead', especially if the cause for 'not working' is at the users end.

Is there a way to remove the "Both Rebel" opinion modifier? I'm having a really good time with this mod but it does bring my mood down abit when every single faction rebellion is able to raise 5x the amount of men I have when they hold less than a quarter of my realm because of all the rebels having a guaranteed 100 opinion of the faction rebel leader.
Hi Vals,

If you would like to remove the opinion modifier, you will need to edit the "same_opinion" value for the rebel trait.

1). Find the file "112~plus_faction_traits.txt" in the common\traits folder in your HIP installation and open it with a text editor. Windows Notepad works fine, but I have found that mod files display better when you open them with Notepad++. You can download Notepad++ by searching for it in your preferred search engine.
2). Open the file, and find the definition for the trait "pf_rebel".
3). Edit the same_opinion value from 100 to 0. Alternatively, you can comment out the line by placing the # symbol at the beginning of the line: see below.

Code:
pf_rebel = {
    # Two options: comment out the line, or change 100 to 0.
    # same_opinion = 100 # A comment to state that the line has been commented out.
    opposite_opinion = -50
    opposites = {
        pf_loyalist
        pf_neutral
    }
    customizer = no
    random = no
}

That's the quick-and-dirty way to mod the mod files. As an aside, you could make a sub-mod with just this file modified to your preferences. The main benefit of doing this would be to keep a "clean" version of the HIP mod files alongside a collection of your personal edits. Check out the Modding page on the CK2 Wiki for an explanation on how to do that.

Hi Vals,

If you would like to remove the opinion modifier, you will need to edit the "same_opinion" value for the rebel trait.

1). Find the file "112~plus_faction_traits.txt" in the common\traits folder in your HIP installation and open it with a text editor. Windows Notepad works fine, but I have found that mod files display better when you open them with Notepad++. You can download Notepad++ by searching for it in your preferred search engine.
2). Open the file, and find the definition for the trait "pf_rebel".
3). Edit the same_opinion value from 100 to 0. Alternatively, you can comment out the line by placing the # symbol at the beginning of the line: see below.

Code:
pf_rebel = {
    # Two options: comment out the line, or change 100 to 0.
    # same_opinion = 100 # A comment to state that the line has been commented out.
    opposite_opinion = -50
    opposites = {
        pf_loyalist
        pf_neutral
    }
    customizer = no
    random = no
}

That's the quick-and-dirty way to mod the mod files. As an aside, you could make a sub-mod with just this file modified to your preferences. The main benefit of doing this would be to keep a "clean" version of the HIP mod files alongside a collection of your personal edits. Check out the Modding page on the CK2 Wiki for an explanation on how to do that.

Quick-and-dirty indeed. Thanks alot for the help!

• 1Like
Reactions: