• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Double check that the folder that the installer CREATES is the one that's directly in the /mod folder. I suspect you have the installer in its own folder under /mods, which means the created mod folder it created is one folder too far down.

Can you confirm what the address of the folder you installed to is?

No, the mod doesnt even show up in the launcher after following all steps.

Ah, then you probably either placed the installer in the wrong place or..not sure.
The HIP_ReadMe.txt file inside the zip should tell you all you need to know.

Oh wait, I suspect that when you unzipped the file into the mod folder, that it created another subfolder there in which the files where
and from which you then ran the installer, but the HIP.exe and the modules folder should be right in the mod folder and not inside another.
The readme i mentioned above explains that. Please read that. Basically the issue which Gwyn ap Nud described above.

Double check that the folder that the installer CREATES is the one that's directly in the /mod folder. I suspect you have the installer in its own folder under /mods, which means the created mod folder it created is one folder too far down.

Can you confirm what the address of the folder you installed to is?
I dont know if this is what youre asking for but: PC/ Documents/ Pardox Interactive/ Crusader Kings II/ mods

mind you, I had to create a mod folder bc it was missing at first. Here is what's inside my mod folder.

Attachments

• Screenshot (31).png
    Screenshot (31).png
    161,9 KB · Views: 0
I dont know if this is what youre asking for but: PC/ Documents/ Pardox Interactive/ Crusader Kings II/ mods
And we found the cause

It's "mod" , not "mods"

• 1Like
Reactions:
WOOWW, thanks man it worked lol.

You're welcome.
No worries, i bet that happened to everyone at least once who had to create the mod folder manually.
Not that i'd know anyone who had to endure this fate ever before...
oFyIsto.gif
6jqFBQI.gif

Me ? Naaah....

Last edited:
(Just my additional 2cents)
Anyone else clicking download and nothing happens?

There had been some before in this thread. Also one page back.
The issue might occur, as the download in the opening post first tries to open a seperate tab in the browser, which in your case likely gets prevented either by browser or security software. A guess of mine.

The Download! link in the by Jaidal linked thread above likely works, in as it has a slightly different address and isn't opening another tab, contrary to the one in this thread. IF even that doesn't work, then there is still the Mediafire alternative.

is this mod multiplayer compatible because whenever me and my friend try to play we always have different checksums. We downloaded it correctly with all the same modules and HIP is the only mod we had on. We installed all the things in the installed but mini SMWH.

Edit: we both have all dlcs

is this mod multiplayer compatible because whenever me and my friend try to play we always have different checksums. We downloaded it correctly with all the same modules and HIP is the only mod we had on. We installed all the things in the installed but mini SMWH.

Edit: we both have all dlcs
It's MP compatible. For ease I always compile my installed version (with some submods and other additions) and upload to Dropbox so the other players just download and extract that into their mod folder.

Does anyone know how to restore the default values for traits in ruler designer. Want to play custom characters within the mod but I like having restrictions on my traits/age.