• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I think HIP/SWMH is already compatible with the latest CK2 version, if you look at the file it says updated on 10/7/20, or scarcely 20 days ago.
I see. The first post of this thread says that it's compatible for 3.2.x. Well mine is 3.3.3 i think as it automatically updated on Steam.

This is all the confirmation I need. Thank you. I didn't want to start a new game only to get a save breaking bug after months of playing.

Click on the "Release/changelog thread" link in the opening post for more info.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Wow. I was beginning to think nobody else played like me, taking months per game.
I always aim for a long play. As long as my dynasty still holds a plot of land, I don't give up. Not unless I encounter a game/save breaking bug or crash. I'm also more of an RPer kind of gamer so I try to roleplay each characters based on their inherited and acquired traits. Also, I mostly work from home so I tend to work and play simultaneously; I'd have CK2 running along with my WFH tools. Usually I would alt tab to my CK2 game, do a few clicks, let the game run for a couple minutes, then pause the game and alt tab back to my work. That's why my games would typically run for months on end or even a year.

Just came back to HIP after maybe 2 years. How come I can't create/give out viceroyalties as the Basileus and my vassals all have a -4 "feudal opinion of viceroyalties" opinion malus?

Thank you for such a great historical mod! I do have a question though, I would like to change the colour of certain kingdoms. To do that in vanilla, I just made a mod that edits the "landed_titles" and voila. However, I noticed that with HIP there are many other "landed_titles" to edit. Which ones would be necessary for me to edit the colours? A specific one or all of them?

Hello chums, anyone know which exact culture folder I should mod to change some name related stuff? I am playing with SMWH, EMF, ARKO, and all the rest, and modding the main HIP folder culture files doesn't seem to affect the game. There are culture folders in all the sub folders in modules, which is why I am confused.

I have a question concerning game mechanics.

I'm trying to run HIP alongside a minor mod that adds a new government, but it seems HIP has some sort of on-action or triggered event that forces the government to revert back to a vanilla one. Would anyone happen to know what specific event or file is in charge of "correcting" government types like this?

Hi @Meneth there will be HIP for CK3??? the game in kinda unplayable to me without historical immersion. What the heck is a byzantine empire? too much fantasy.

Asking Meneth is a bit useless. Meneth is not a part of the HIP dev team anymore. He is actually employed by Paradox themselves.

But to answer your question. No, HIP for CK3 is not being planned. I am in the process of making SWMH for CK3. I just started working a couple of days ago, so it is still VERY early days. Expect a long wait before i'm finished

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Asking Meneth is a bit useless. Meneth is not a part of HIP dev team anymore. He is actually employed by Paradox themselves.

But to answer your question. No, HIP for CK3 is not being planned. I am in the process of making SWMH for CK3. I just started working a couple of days ago, so it is still VERY early days. Expect a long wait before i'm finished

Is there a chance for your cooperation with CKPlus? They have a similar mod to HIP but the map was not very good.

Asking Meneth is a bit useless. Meneth is not a part of the HIP dev team anymore. He is actually employed by Paradox themselves.

Oh what a disappointment, is there anyway to help you? How could I contribute, I have a lot of free time for now.
I have never done a mod, I've only edited game files to add cultures, religions n' change CoAs (also did it with HIP :p) if there is something I can help with.........

Greetings to you all !

I don't know if it's the correct place for this, but, I'm playing the latest HIP version, and, starting in the 4th Crusade bookmark, I see that the crest of the Eucoemenical Patriarch is that of the Sunni Caliph, and the latter has just a black cross on a white field. I thought that the "Patrum Scuta for HIP" would arrange it, but it didn't.

Can anyone help me with this please ?

Greetings to you all !

I don't know if it's the correct place for this, but, I'm playing the latest HIP version, and, starting in the 4th Crusade bookmark, I see that the crest of the Eucoemenical Patriarch is that of the Sunni Caliph, and the latter has just a black cross on a white field. I thought that the "Patrum Scuta for HIP" would arrange it, but it didn't.

Can anyone help me with this please ?

Patrum Scuta for HIP is bugged and obsolete. I made my own version of current Patrum Scuta merged with this Patrum Scuta for HIP and one other, small mod. I will probably upload it sometime later.

EDIT: With ARKO ofc

• 3Like
Reactions: