• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm in dire need of help. I tried messing around with the files of HIP to merge it with the Better Slavic Pagan Mod, and it worked for the most part, but some of the flags got messed up (like the Kingdom of Ireland had the Duchy of Ulster flag, and the HRE having the flag of austria). I tried reinstalling HIP three times but it's still wrong.

I'm in dire need of help. I tried messing around with the files of HIP to merge it with the Better Slavic Pagan Mod, and it worked for the most part, but some of the flags got messed up (like the Kingdom of Ireland had the Duchy of Ulster flag, and the HRE having the flag of austria). I tried reinstalling HIP three times but it's still wrong.
Have You deleted all the modules and HIP folder (the one in mod directory, not above it)?

What's it like playing Byzantine in this? Is it hard to beat the arabs?

What's it like playing Byzantine in this? Is it hard to beat the arabs?
If You reach the Arabs, then You're pretty fine already, as it means that You necessarily have succeeded in dealing with the really difficult part, which is beating the Turks first and going all the way to at least Antioch.
If You mean the Ottos though-it's harder than in vanilla. Substantially.

If You reach the Arabs, then You're pretty fine already, as it means that You necessarily have succeeded in dealing with the really difficult part, which is beating the Turks first and going all the way to at least Antioch.
If You mean the Ottos though-it's harder than in vanilla. Substantially.

Yeah I meant ottos. That's good, i've always wanted more challenge as byzantium. :)

Is there any way I can disable how this mod keeps randomizing the pagan flags? and just have each title for them have a set flag like in vanilla? because it's SUPER annoying for me to see them keep getting flipped around and shit.

Is there any way I can disable how this mod keeps randomizing the pagan flags? and just have each title for them have a set flag like in vanilla? because it's SUPER annoying for me to see them keep getting flipped around and shit.
Install HIP without the ARKOPackArmoiries.

Not sure if this is the place to post "suggestions", but if someone hasn't suggested it already, I would highly suggest adding the Parthenon as a wonder for Athenei/Athens county. Mechanically, it would work the same as a Great Cathedral/Great Mosque/Great Temple, just with a unique image/skin, ideally resembling what it looked like intact, as it has only been in ruins since 1687, well after the end of CK2's timeframe, though a modern "ruined" picture would also work for the "damaged" wonder status.

As the building was in use as a Christian church from from around 590 AD until the 1450s/1460s, which covers CK2's entire timeframe, the building should function as a "Great Cathedral" for all of the start dates/game starts, though with an option to convert it either back into a Hellenic temple if the owner is Hellenic, or into a mosque, as the Ottomans did so historically after 1456.

"Turkish poet Evliya Celebi expressed marvel at the Parthenon and figuratively described the building as "like some impregnable fortress not made by human hands". He composed a poetic supplication that it, as a "work less of human hands than of Heaven itself, should remain standing for all time"."

Attachments

• 640px-Parthenon,_Nashville.JPG
    640px-Parthenon,_Nashville.JPG
    57,3 KB · Views: 15
Quick question:
I'd like to make a few small changes to the files, but I don't know what Notepad ++ language to use. Any advice?
You mean like programming language? AFAIK, the files use their own system, so just straight up edit. Brackets still light up and stuff

I use the following syntax when working on For the Glory. You're welcome to change it however it fits your needs. Save the attachment as an xml and import it as a new language into your n++.

Attachments

• PDS script.txt
    6,4 KB · Views: 9
Is there any way out when you have too many loans to pay off?

I'm a count with 2.5 gold per month, -800 wealth, and max loans. I can't see it getting paid off.

Last edited:
I haven't played HIP in some time, am coming back to it after a 2 year absence. I just installed the latest Frosty2 and was checking some of the files, when I noticed that Frosty2 does not have a "01_artifacts_books.txt" file in common/artifacts, although the vanilla game does have this file.

Does this mean that with HIP you can no longer create any Magnum Opus books or gain any book artifacts at all? I really enjoyed all of the book artifacts, so can I just place the 01_artifacts_books.txt from vanilla into the common/artifacts folder inside HIP and play with them again?

I really liked all of the mystical/occult aspects of the game, even though I know they're not historical.

I cannot help but write some comments/complaints/suggestions about Inaccuracy of Bohemia in the iron century start...
-independent Moravia as a full duchy.... while the Premyslids did not have full control over the entire area they held some influence, enough so that Boleslav I felt obliged enough to defend it against Hungarian raid later freely expand into Silesia and all the way to Krakow, which would suggest that at least north Moravia was under control. Either way, after the fall of Great Moravia it certainly was not unified duchy, but more propably a bufferzone of small local rulers under the influence of Premyslids
-Boleslav paying tribute to Germany.... After killing his brother saint Wenceslaus in 935, stoping paying the tribute was one of the first things he did as a new duke, he even went to war with germany from 935 to 950 because of it (reminder that startdate is 936)
-if you are going to make Vok the father of Slavnik, then give him Hradec (c_hradec) province and viceversa in viking startdate give Sobeslav the Kladsko (c_boleslav) province and give those provinces to Slavnik upon Voks death in history files and pass them both as one till the slaughter of slavnikids
EDIT I moved one part that was here to other message since its too long
936.1.1 = {
liege = d_bohemia
holder = 168358 # Vok Slavnik
}
968.1.1={
liege = d_bohemia
holder = 168360 # Slavnik Slavnik
}
981.3.18 = {
liege = d_bohemia
holder = 168363 # Sobeslav Slavnik
}
995.9.28 = {
holder = 510 # Boleslau II storms Libice and slaughters most of the Slavnik family. Effectively exiling Sobeslav, because he was abroad campaigning with Boleslaw the Brave
}
bonus assumption, I think you might have considered adding Boleslav before but added Kladsko instead but already had the province related things done so you just reused it which is why Kladsko is c_boleslav, is my assumption correct?

Last edited:
Since my issue with one thing got too large I decided to make it into other message, at first it was concerning calling Slavnikids "z Prczic" according to their seat of power while still calling Premyslid premyslid (if you are going to use one terminology like I noticed you do with other dynasties, then Premyslids can be called "z Czech" or "Czesky" since that was how they were called at the time.
Now my second issue is with localization overall, czech as other languages evolved its writing overall, but using the word overall again, it was huge nonuniform mess, that only got some form of rules later (14-15th century once people actually started writing) so I would use the more uniform later forms for letters like č ř š and not mix all the forms (especially the earlier ones where normal "c" could be "cz" so you had no idea if it was read as czech "c" or "č", and the same went with "normal" "s")
If you are going to include "č" as "cz", the also include "ř" as rz, if you are going to use "W" instead of "V", do it everywhere, "š" is difficult since it was written in many different ways at the time, (ff, ss, zz, sz) and following the trend I think settling on "sz" would be the best
"ž" "ď " "ť " "ň" unfortunately do not have such counterparts and were sometimes used with the letter "i" or for example todays serbo-croatian uses "dj" etc but using the letter "j" in old czech is problematic because it was written as "g" back then (Jihlava was Gihlawa)
if "ž" happened to be before "e" then "Zie" was used (Example "ze Zierotina
á é í ý ó ú were sometimes written as two normal letters next to each other, but it wasnt used that much and honestly it would look weird with some of them (especially yy) but other czech letter "ů" has different origin, it has that ° above it because it used to be "uo" which makes it usable
EDIT: I didnt notice that you can use áéíóú just fine so that one goes out the window, the one for ů still stands though
after hours of work researching I gave up seriously though, almost half of all the dynasties, even if they are used for generic generation of nobles, are branches of much older dynasties, like the branches of the Markvartic family, out of 72 dynasties in 00_dynasties.txt marked as Bohemian, 8 of them are Markvartic, 9 are Vitkovic, 7 are benesovic, I also looked at the slovieni houses and got nicely confused, because Slavomirid was listed as bohemian dynasty, and then it was in the list again, but this time listed ad slovien dynasty, ie it was there 2 times (aside from Slavomir in great moravia which could be namewith that dynasty, Bohemia never had such a house in its history) then I also noticed that slovien has two dynasties that goe "Velehradsky" and "Veligradsky" which mean exactly the same thing just differently written. I will work on it later on and maybe I will submit something
Either way, since I saw an issue with Slavnikids being refered to as "z Libicz" and Premyslids still being called Premyslids, even though in the files it was noted that it will be changed
I propose this, Premyslids represented the czechs, firstly as a tribe and then as a nation, while the subservient Slavnikids represented the Zličané tribe, so I would call Premyslids as "Czesky" and Slavnikids as "Zliczansky"

Last edited:
Either way, since I saw an issue with Slavnikids being refered to as "z Libicz" and Premyslids still being called Premyslids, even though in the files it was noted that it will be changed
I propose this, Premyslids represented the czechs, firstly as a tribe and then as a nation, while the subservient Slavnikids represented the Zličané tribe, so I would call Premyslids as "Czesky" and Slavnikids as "Zliczansky"
Well ofc this entire thing would go for nothing if other theories get confirmed, theory n.1 there were not so many tribes, czechs were dominant, ie Zličané would not be a valid idea for naming, theory n.2 Slavnikids were descendants of Premyslids that were supposted to inherit the duchy but did not, therefore threw a fit and got massacred in return theory n.3 Slavnikids were from a "polish" descent of Poraj, theory n.4 aliens
Currently the game goes with the theory that Slavnikids were a remainder of old tribal nobility (EDIT which is a long time ago disproved theory btw). But I for personal reasons see the descent from Premyslids as more likely, and since I am no academic, my opinion is oof. (btw fun fact the slavnikids family got massacred against wishes of Boleslav II)

Last edited: