• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

khardinal

Minister of MEIOU&Taxes
33 Badges
Aug 14, 2009
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
Hi,

As I already said it years ago ;

1. County of Toulouse (Duchy rank in game) was primogeniture in 1066.
2. Raymond of Toulouse, later count of Toulouse and brother of actual count in 1066 was already owning Rouergue and Quercy since 1065.
3. County of Agen was under the Toulouse sovereigny at this time.

Thanks

Basic stuff. Wikipedia is enough for all of this.

No need to be rude, if you are suggesting a change and someone ask for sources, just give them the sources.
Just saying nah fam this is general knowledge, find the sources yourself is a bit odd lol

No need to be rude, if you are suggesting a change and someone ask for sources, just give them the sources.
Just saying nah fam this is general knowledge, find the sources yourself is a bit odd lol
Well, where was I rude ?
Wikipedia is the source.

Well, where was I rude ?
Wikipedia is the source.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the only source you have is "Wikipedia", do not expect us to take any of your suggestions seriously. You can always make and publish your own submods of course, and you are completely welcome to use whatever sources you like to make them (plenty of other people have done this already), but changes that make their way into the main mod should be properly sourced (as in: books, articles, and/or papers from accredited authors, hopefully peer-reviewed as well if possible).

Just for comparison, I spent about two weeks reading up about both French and Spanish Basque inheritance practices before I felt comfortable having Basques have early access to Primogeniture and Absolute Cognatic succession (as well as start with those from the outset of the game). Spanish Basque was the harder one, because most literature on Basque inheritance is based on French reports of how Basques in France organized inheritance in the Ancien Regime (with most information being based on stuff collected in the 1700's).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the only source you have is "Wikipedia", do not expect us to take any of your suggestions seriously. You can always make and publish your own submods of course, and you are completely welcome to use whatever sources you like to make them (plenty of other people have done this already), but changes that make their way into the main mod should be properly sourced (as in: books, articles, and/or papers from accredited authors, hopefully peer-reviewed as well if possible).

Just for comparison, I spent about two weeks reading up about both French and Spanish Basque inheritance practices before I felt comfortable having Basques have early access to Primogeniture and Absolute Cognatic succession (as well as start with those from the outset of the game). Spanish Basque was the harder one, because most literature on Basque inheritance is based on French reports of how Basques in France organized inheritance in the Ancien Regime (with most information being based on stuff collected in the 1700's).
I have more sources than Wikipedia but Wiki is a good summary.

Fact is current setup is just non sourced. It is not like there was a debate. No one worked on it afaik.

So I am starting with basic errors, and wiki is enough when we start from ground.

Theorically I could go even further about things wrong here. But here some debates would take place because Raymond was titular of Duchy of Gothie, and not particularly a vassal of its brother. Maybe he was a vassal de jure, but hardly de facto.

But as always, game cannot go that deep, which is why Duchy/Marquis of Provence is impossible to represent nicely because it was undivided.

So yeah I would put Raymond just as count of Rouergue as he was and not titular of a duchy rank.

Last edited:
I have more sources than Wikipedia but Wiki is a good summary.

Could you mention those other sources? It's OK if they're in French, a few of the HIP team are native French speakers, and some of the others aren't too terrible with French, either.