• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hawk.eye

Captain
27 Badges
May 3, 2006
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Diplomacy
  • Crusader Kings II
Since I haven't seen a post about this simply _excellent_ project, I thought I'd post some YT links to it.

Some rather prominent (well, among the BT community at least) names in the voice-over cast as well.

Pilot:
Episode 1:
Episode 2:

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Hmm, my not MWO/MW5-trained eye has some trouble identifying these tanks here. As far as I can tell:

Mercs:
  • Rifleman 3C (AC/10 instead of LL and AC/5 per arm) - customized, one of those is a UAC/5 I think
  • Catapult C4 (LRM20 and 2 SL)
  • Hunchback 4H (AC/10 + 2 exrta ML)
  • heavily customized Shadowhawk (2 SRM6 + AMS + UAC/5 + 2ML) Propably an XL engine to free that much weight.
Pirates:
  • Locust (stock)
  • Thunderbolt (stock?)
  • Pegasus?
  • Some other hover tank that is somehow supposed to be an easier target then a Locust????
  • some MBT (Patton/Rommel? Looks like it has a PPC, but it's not a Manticore)

Last edited:
The Locust does seem to be stock and the T-Bolt reads as a TDR-5S on the attacker's sensors (in the command center in ep. 1, when the drone scans it)

Those Tanks _are_ heavily modified, but I would also go with a pair of Pegasus (the basic hull-form fits pretty well) and the turret of the tracked tank indeed screams Patton/Rommel, even though the gun is definitely wrong - then again, we are talking 3042(?) and there are other changes as well, like the reactive armor on the Hunchback

AH, I found the answer in a Youtube comment. Apparently all their vehicles are custom made models to avoid legal trouble. I presume the available models are all owned by HBS and by extension Paradox.

You know, maybe they could have asked permission... and not gotten Mitch's favorite answer.

Thank you for including those storyboard pages during the closing credits. I had real problems trying to understand the radio 'chatter' and reading the storyboards clarified things enormously.