• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi guys, I´m fairly new here, may I ask why a 769 start is not planned for SWMH?

I don't remember if this was all of it, but it was because information regarding the rulers/lords over several of the provinces of SWMH in the 769 start is pretty much nonexistent. They'd have to make up a ton of characters for a ton of provinces, which kind of defeats the point of it being somewhat more historical.

I understand. The dark ages. Not much is known about who ruled what back then. I wonder how Paradox researched. Did they make stuff up where they had no source?
That plus relying on legends and myths (even giving some of them 'hero' stats).

While you're fixing SWMH why don't you guys surprise us by FINALLY adding that part of India we were promised?!

That's abit like my wife expecting me to surprise her by refurbishing the entire house when I said I was going to fix that squeaky step on the stairs :laugh:

As a non-member of SWMH and member of HIP, I can say it's coming and we all can only be patient about it. It's hard to get a full, clear picture when all you see is the state, but people have definitely not been slacking in the backstage and I can attest that if the India expansion is not with you guys yet, it's because it could not be helped, specially when you consider the humongous task that it is, and the busy schedule of the SWMH team.

Playing with SWMH and all, muslims end ruling over part of Ireland. The King of Jerusalem had holding there apparently, and muslims took them when they recovered Jerusalem.

While looking at the map in SWMH I saw that quite a few things are wrong in Croatia. Along the coast everything is a bit switched up.
Spalathos, or Split as it is later called is too much in the south.

What is called Diadora (later Zadar) should be Spalathos. (Just look up where the city of Split is IRL)
Senj should be Diadora
Veglia should be Senj
If you want to have Veglia then it needs to take away a piece of Istria (look at the map http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gespanschaft_Primorje-Gorski_kotar ) since it is historically quite small it can be droped altogether
What is now called Spalathos should be Omis or Republic of Poljica. The cities inside those lands need to be adjusted too.

Where should I best post these suggestions and how can I help to get them into the game?

That's abit like my wife expecting me to surprise her by refurbishing the entire house when I said I was going to fix that squeaky step on the stairs :laugh:

As a non-member of SWMH and member of HIP, I can say it's coming and we all can only be patient about it. It's hard to get a full, clear picture when all you see is the state, but people have definitely not been slacking in the backstage and I can attest that if the India expansion is not with you guys yet, it's because it could not be helped, specially when you consider the humongous task that it is, and the busy schedule of the SWMH team.

I suspect Jokolytic was, in fact, making a joke. :D

Ok I have noticed that none of the new cultures are added in, only the vanilla ones are there.

Also there is a doubling up of some culture groups as it seems PB is installing it's only little culture file in the culture folder.

Have I installed this in correctly

Ok I have noticed that none of the new cultures are added in, only the vanilla ones are there.

Also there is a doubling up of some culture groups as it seems PB is installing it's only little culture file in the culture folder.

Have I installed this in correctly

You're not using SWMH. SWMH is [mainly] what provides the extra cultures. The culture_group overlap across PB_cultures.txt and 00_cultures.txt is totally WAD, though.

A MUCH MORE CHEERFUL UPDATE:

We've made promising progress eliminating this release's SWMH issues. Additionally, we've improved a dozen other things in SWMH and EMF altogether as a bonus for your patience. Though I'm presently trying to cover a lot of testing to ensure that the previous release's issues are indeed a done deal and that none of the new changes have caused any separate regressions, a new release to start your weekend of decadence off just the way you like it should be ready for your seduction consumption today.

Well, I got some sleep, and then I tested and tested some more. All seems well, insofar as I'm capable of testing on my own. It looks I'm going to have to release this update myself, breaking with orthodox HIP tradition (Meneth always does the releases), as I believe Meneth's on a train all day today (which means the main Download/FAQ link won't be updated to point to the new release until Meneth resurfaces-- Meneth owns that post, so I can't edit it, but the link I'll post in a new thread soon will work).

Within a couple hours... * the faint sounds of distant war drums begin to roll over the hills *

Well, I got some sleep, and then I tested and tested some more. All seems well, insofar as I'm capable of testing on my own. It looks I'm going to have to release this update myself, breaking with orthodox HIP tradition (Meneth always does the releases), as I believe Meneth's on a train all day today (which means the main Download/FAQ link won't be updated to point to the new release until Meneth resurfaces-- Meneth owns that post, so I can't edit it, but the link I'll post in a new thread soon will work).

Within a couple hours... * the faint sounds of distant war drums begin to roll over the hills *

I swear this is the best damn mod team in America. Or the world, if you're not in America. Either way, thanks for keeping us updated.

Is the ERE supposed to have its huge vanilla de jure again? It used to be smaller and would adjust in different start dates before.

While looking at the map in SWMH I saw that quite a few things are wrong in Croatia. Along the coast everything is a bit switched up.
Spalathos, or Split as it is later called is too much in the south.

What is called Diadora (later Zadar) should be Spalathos. (Just look up where the city of Split is IRL)
Senj should be Diadora
Veglia should be Senj
If you want to have Veglia then it needs to take away a piece of Istria (look at the map http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gespanschaft_Primorje-Gorski_kotar ) since it is historically quite small it can be droped altogether
What is now called Spalathos should be Omis or Republic of Poljica. The cities inside those lands need to be adjusted too.

Where should I best post these suggestions and how can I help to get them into the game?

I´ll just quote myself here. I like playing as Croatia, and everytime I look at it I think "Damn it, how did they get it that wrong?"
Instead of only bitching I´m offering my help. So where best to post that stuff?

I´ll just quote myself here. I like playing as Croatia, and everytime I look at it I think "Damn it, how did they get it that wrong?"
Instead of only bitching I´m offering my help. So where best to post that stuff?

SWMH has its own thread. It may get more attention from the right people there.

Thanks for getting the update(s) out! I'm having a problem installing it, though: I have WoL, went through the installation procedure like normal as it's laid out in the readme/on the download page, installed using default settings (except for those dependent on the portrait DLCs which I don't have), but when I try to run the mod it just boots up vanilla CKII. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? (I have HIP selected in the launcher, so it's not that dumb of a user error, I promise!)

Sorry if this has been covered but I didn't immediately see anyone else with my problem.

A HIP special update for WoL/2.3 has been released today, addressing the release from this thread's issues and adding more improvements (see release thread here for details). Consider this thread CLOSED.

NOTE: The download link in the OP of the Download/FAQ thread is OUT OF DATE now. Use the download link given in the 2014-12-19 release thread. It will be updated when Meneth is again available to do so.