• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm sorry, but are you sure that new cultures from Charlemagne were actually added in SWMH? Because there are still "noculture" signs present and the "cultures" file contains no old_frankish, suebi etc. The first Catalans are also still of Leonese culture. Not to mention there are no Merovingians and additions to various lineages are also not present, thus distorting the genealogical trees.
Thank you in advance for your reply!

Regarding none of the new vanilla cultures being added, are you perhaps using CPR? Where do you see noculture characters? Specifically. I assume by "Catalans" you mean de Barcelonas. By "first," I assume that you mean characters dead prior to 867? If so, that's either the vanilla assignment or was already the case in SWMH character history.

As far as the Merovingians, no, we haven't looked into that. I do know that vanilla had something like 497 broken dynasties about a week ago, and while some stuff was done about that, Arko hasn't updated his 00_dynasties.txt for Arko CoA since the original 2.2, and it's possible that such a fix was not reflected. It's also entirely possible that SWMH overrode those character IDs previously (before CM), then vanilla reassigned the IDs with Charlemagne, and now they point at the wrong characters (as opposed to the right characters pointing at the wrong dynasty).

In general, we're in a position where we're trying to make SWMH work as nicely and correctly as possible for Charlemagne all without making any major changes to SWMH at the same time and without the ability to consult the SWMH team on what changes from vanilla in their mod were intentional and which were simply inherited from vanilla at some point and thus could be updated. It's not possible for us to adopt all new lineage additions in vanilla, because SWMH is not vanilla, and we have little license on what we can do with the mod on our own. "We" here is primarily myself and Think0028. So we'll do the best we can, but until we get some support from the SWMH team, our hands are somewhat tied.

Our primary goal is just to make sure that province, character, and title history from 867.1.1 forward is correct and playable.

EDIT: If your compiled 00_cultures.txt doesn't contain an "old_frankish," as you say, then you're either not using the current version of SWMH (today's download), or you're using CPR and something is up with that. SWMH definitely contains an old_frankish culture now.

Last edited:
Regarding none of the new vanilla cultures being added, are you perhaps using CPR? Where do you see noculture characters? Specifically. I assume by "Catalans" you mean de Barcelonas. By "first," I assume that you mean characters dead prior to 867? If so, that's either the vanilla assignment or was already the case in SWMH character history.

As far as the Merovingians, no, we haven't looked into that. I do know that vanilla had something like 497 broken dynasties about a week ago, and while some stuff was done about that, Arko hasn't updated his 00_dynasties.txt for Arko CoA since the original 2.2, and it's possible that such a fix was not reflected. It's also entirely possible that SWMH overrode those character IDs previously (before CM), then vanilla reassigned the IDs with Charlemagne, and now they point at the wrong characters (as opposed to the right characters pointing at the wrong dynasty).

In general, we're in a position where we're trying to make SWMH work as nicely and correctly as possible for Charlemagne all without making any major changes to SWMH at the same time and without the ability to consult the SWMH team on what changes from vanilla in their mod were intentional and which were simply inherited from vanilla at some point and thus could be updated. It's not possible for us to adopt all new lineage additions in vanilla, because SWMH is not vanilla, and we have little license on what we can do with the mod on our own. "We" here is primarily myself and Think0028. So we'll do the best we can, but until we get some support from the SWMH team, our hands are somewhat tied.

Our primary goal is just to make sure that province, character, and title history from 867.1.1 forward is correct and playable.

EDIT: If your compiled 00_cultures.txt doesn't contain an "old_frankish," as you say, then you're either not using the current version of SWMH (today's download), or you're using CPR and something is up with that. SWMH definitely contains an old_frankish culture now.
Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply!

Yes, I am using all modules available, including CPR - so, I guess that's the problem. I'll just tinker around then and add the missing cultures manually - maybe this will fix it. Same goes for dynasties. Of course, none of this even remotely is game-breaking, just damages immersion a bit.

Once again, thank you very much for your reply and all the hard work you put into all this. :)

I actually prefer SWMH largely due to the language localizations of titles by kingdom/empire's culture. It definitely adds to the immersion angle. I actually feel more Byzantine when I'm called "Despot" instead of "Duke" and more French when I'm called a "Reine" instead of "Queen" Much better that way.

And Cybrx..please ADD the seduce plot back in !

And Cybrx..please ADD the seduce plot back in !

It seems that the recently announced expansion is gonna have osmething like that as one of its major features, so yay for us!

I don't understand what is the status of the HIP converter: I don't see any "HIP converter support" mod, and while I can export my CK2 save, I can't activate the mod in the EU IV launcher because there is not the line "supported_version="1.8"". When I add it manually, the game load properly but on the map it seems that the provinces are not from my converted save (a lot of Timurid and Ottoman provinces while the save date is 1227).

Does that mean it will be updated later? Is it compatible with an older version of EU IV? Or is the converter just not updated anymore?

(by the way, I installed everything but the SWMH map because I read somewhere it was not compatible with the converter).

I don't understand what is the status of the HIP converter: I don't see any "HIP converter support" mod, and while I can export my CK2 save, I can't activate the mod in the EU IV launcher because there is not the line "supported_version="1.8"". When I add it manually, the game load properly but on the map it seems that the provinces are not from my converted save (a lot of Timurid and Ottoman provinces while the save date is 1227).

Does that mean it will be updated later? Is it compatible with an older version of EU IV? Or is the converter just not updated anymore?

(by the way, I installed everything but the SWMH map because I read somewhere it was not compatible with the converter).

The devs haven't updated the vanilla converter yet since the AoW came out, so there's no point of updating our own HIP converter either. I don't know if it will work on older versions of EUIV.

Oh, Cybr! The same mistake as last time. :D
Somali use the ethopiangfx in the PB-Version instead of Berbergfx.

-_-

Alright, should be fixed for the next version. :p

Not good... Fatal error?? Just give me MOD file... I can do it my self... I need no INSTALL PROGRAMMMMMM!!!!!!! 귀찮게 이딴건 왜만든거야!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't do it yourself. The compilation of your particular choice of different modules into a single mod is extremely complex. If you told us what kind of error you received and where you had extracted the installer and its files, we could tell you what to do.

*sigh*

Anyone else feel that the Byzies win too easily in the 1066 balanced bookmark? Seljuks never seem to be able to beat them.

Anyone else feel that the Byzies win too easily in the 1066 balanced bookmark? Seljuks never seem to be able to beat them.
I've noticed this. Also, Poland keeps on converting from Catholicism to Orthodoxy.