• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
can you pls fix reinforcement rate and religious revolt ? (again)
Levy reinforcement rates are slow on purpose. Don't go waging wars willy-nilly expecting to get all your lost troops back quickly.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Hi some friends and I are trying to do MP but we keep getting different checksums

Assuming you both downloaded the same version of the mod, maybe one didn't delete an old version beforehand,
installed different elements or loaded this together with another mod (or submod).

Reactions:
It is much more strict about files in the compiled mod exactly matching the checksums calculated for release and the lack of any unofficial files. It is no longer advised to alter any files inside your modules/ directly but instead to use a proper [personal] submod like you always should've been doing to save yourself a bunch of headache in the first place.

I never alter any modules/ files. Does this include files in the Historical_Immersion_Project/ folder that is created after running the HIP application? Because every updated release, and every re-run of the application I always make two changes.

First, in common/dynasties/ 00_dynasties I edit house Ingelger

723 = {
name="d'Anjou" #pre-plantagenet but with early plantagenet arms
culture = "norman"
coat_of_arms = {
template = 0
layer = {
texture = 5
texture_internal = 138
emblem = 0
color = 0
color = 0
color = 0
}
}
}
which has a generic COA with three lions, to an older HIP version

723 = {
name="d'Anjou"
culture = "norman"
coat_of_arms = {
template = 0
layer = {
texture = 3 #DLC N°1
texture_internal = 1
emblem = 0
color = 0
color = 0
color = 0
}
}
}
which has six lions just like the COA for d_anjou.

I just copy and paste the old version in place of the new. I've been doing that for two to three years now as the Anjou (dnt=723) COA was changed sometime between 6/2017 and 2/2018

Secondly, in events/ emf_customize I change all the years = 16 to years = 14 because 14 is the marriageable age in HIP. This allows a ruler designed character to have parents that are 14 years older than them rather than 16.

Other things I do sometimes but not always are edit character histories, if I remember.
For example, Godefroy de Joinville (212651) has a broken dynasty tree. I rectify this by making him 1 year and 1 day older and making his parents father=90053 mother=90069 and fixing the broken tree.
Another example, the Cerdanya dynasty (10019) has a broken family tree because the first generation has four siblings and only the eldest (who dies without issue) links to the old Barcelona dynasty (100204). This tree can be fixed by changing the dynasty of the siblings father Miron de Barcelona (70154) from House of Barcelona (100204) to House Cerdanya (10019).

These are pretty simple changes that don't require any ROOT's or FROM's or anything that overrides any mechanics really, and in my opinion are much preferable to a submod. If these changes are made not in modules/ but in Historical_Immersion_Project/ will they still cause all sorts of problems that I've never encountered before frosty3?

Great Holy War is not unlocking form me;
- reformed Slavianska vera almsot 100 years already
- dogmatic nature and tempral leadership
- year is 1111

Any ideas?

Great Holy War is not unlocking form me;
- reformed Slavianska vera almsot 100 years already
- dogmatic nature and tempral leadership
- year is 1111

Any ideas?
Are crusades or jihads unlocked?

• 3Like
Reactions:
How do i know if i downloaded it properly and its working? Is there something in the load screen or in game or in the mod tab that would tell me?

You didn't run the exe and installed it, did you ?
See the included HIP_ReadMe file or the Installation instructions here:

I have some balancing suggestions, Vassals need to be prohibited from declaring holy wars, waiting until realm peace takes too long, counts absolutely shred religious authority by constantly losing holy wars and once you are strong they keep blobbing into weak steppe land making your empire a nightmare to manage.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Sorry, English is not my mother tongue. I ask if there is any way or method to prevent kings and emperors from granting titles of the same rank to my vassals or if it is possible to implement it, more for game comfort than for historical rigor.

Last edited:
... I ask if there is any way or method to prevent kings and emperors from granting titles of the same rank to my vassals ...

Simply create the duke titles yourself.

first thanks for answering me, now:

I was asking how NOT to have to do it without having to create 5-6 ducats to be able to play, for example, with anjou in 867, or the duchy of Swabia in the iron century, but thanks for the answer, but I insist on asking again.
ANY way for my lord not to gift titles of my same rank to my vassals? Which is the only thing that bothers me about CK 2 currently xD.

Reactions:
What is the problem with my installation? I am running 3.3.3 and installed following the Yes and No's during terminal installation and getting a CTD during building databases.

Attachments

• version.txt
    280 bytes · Views: 0
can you pls fix reinforcement rate and religious revolt ? (again)

Nope. Difficult to fix what isn't broken.

How do i know if i downloaded it properly and its working? Is there something in the load screen or in game or in the mod tab that would tell me?

You should see "HIP - Historical Immersion Project" in the Mods tab in the launcher. Check its box (and disable incompatible mods) to play.

Sorry, English is not my mother tongue. I ask if there is any way or method to prevent kings and emperors from granting titles of the same rank to my vassals or if it is possible to implement it, more for game comfort than for historical rigor.

No, there would be no reasonably clean way to control title grant behavior in CK2.

What is the problem with my installation? I am running 3.3.3 and installed following the Yes and No's during terminal installation and getting a CTD during building databases.

Are you running other mods? Are you sure that they are compatible with HIP (little is which isn't specifically a version for HIP)? Otherwise, clear your cache directories, and verify the integrity of your games files via Steam/whatever or ultimately reinstall the game. Next time provide the mod/Historical_Immersion_Project/version.txt file if you want useful help, aside from trying with all other mods disabled (at first, at least, as a troubleshooting step).

Hey guys, thanks for the amazing work :) I recently came back to playing ck2 after being disillusioned by ck3 in it's current state and that ofc means coming back to HIP :D
I noticed that nomad holdings have completely different building chains now (and way less then before) plus the retinue's or hordes or whatever are much different. I didn't see it in the patch notes, so I'm guessing this is sth from a few versions ago (haven't updated HIP in a while :D). I'm guessing there is more that has been changed for the nomad gameplay so I'd like to read about that. Is there an official thread for that?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey guys, thanks for the amazing work :) I recently came back to playing ck2 after being disillusioned by ck3 in it's current state and that ofc means coming back to HIP :D
I noticed that nomad holdings have completely different building chains now (and way less then before) plus the retinue's or hordes or whatever are much different. I didn't see it in the patch notes, so I'm guessing this is sth from a few versions ago (haven't updated HIP in a while :D). I'm guessing there is more that has been changed for the nomad gameplay so I'd like to read about that. Is there an official thread for that?

There's a full changelog for all past updates of EMF.

Reactions:
Looking into the emf_dynlevy system, I'm wondering how it triggered. It seems to be called only in cb effect block.
Is it any reason not to call emf_cb_dynlevy_begin on on_startup/on_new_holder_* instead?
Or, shall it be too heavy for CPU resources?

EDIT: Sorry it does trigger on on_startup/on_new_holder_*. I didn't figure out that then.

Last edited:
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone else is having trouble installing cprplus i have all of the required dlc's
Same, can't figure out why though. Had to compress the entire unpacked dlc from my old pc and transfer them to my main pc.

Had everything required but HIP installer said that it couldn't figure out where my game files were located and thus could not confirm whether I did own all dlc or not. My old pc has no issues.

Last edited: