• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyone knows a quick fix for this issue?
Change decisions/ze_decisions.txt:520 to `holder = FROM` so it looks like this:
Code:
       potential = {
           is_child_of = FROM
           is_alive = yes
           host = { character = FROM }
           any_heir_title = {
               holder = FROM
               OR = {
                   AND = {
                       tier = COUNT
                       location = { is_capital = yes }
                   }
                   AND = {
                       tier = BARON
                       holding_type = family_palace
                   }
               }
           }
(...)
since this is a targeted decision

I'm disappointed to see such a simplistic, and inaccurate, take on views of homosexuality from Hellenic and un-reformed pagans in general. Male homosexual relations were emphatically NOT all looked on kindly in the Roman world, and only master-slave relations could pass public scrutiny (source: Kyle Harper's From Shame to Sin: The Christian Transformation of Sexual Morality in Late Antiquity) Likewise in the Norse world, homosexual relations were also frowned upon between free men (source: Preben Sorensen, The Unmanly Man: Concepts of Sexual Defamation in Early Norse Society)

Deccan is in the map?

I'm disappointed to see such a simplistic, and inaccurate, take on views of homosexuality from Hellenic and un-reformed pagans in general. Male homosexual relations were emphatically NOT all looked on kindly in the Roman world, and only master-slave relations could pass public scrutiny (source: Kyle Harper's From Shame to Sin: The Christian Transformation of Sexual Morality in Late Antiquity) Likewise in the Norse world, homosexual relations were also frowned upon between free men (source: Preben Sorensen, The Unmanly Man: Concepts of Sexual Defamation in Early Norse Society)
In HIP specifically you mean ?

There's no talk to change how the Homosexual trait works in the mod at this point. A list of changes you would like to see would be helpful to the HIP team, though!

There's no talk to change how the Homosexual trait works in the mod at this point. A list of changes you would like to see would be helpful to the HIP team, though!

Please keep in mind that I am not a modder, and I don't know what is and is not feasible within the confines of CK2, but really I just think one of the changes made in this patch should be rolled back.

Hellenic is now only indifferent by default towards male homosexuality, not towards female homosexuality. It is only also indifferent towards female homosexuality if it is reformed with Enatic Clans or Equality (or some other doctrine that produces either gender equality or a female-dominated society), or if it is reformed with Eastern Syncretism and without Christian Syncretism, Muslim Syncretism, or Mazdan Syncretism.

This reflects the prevailing Roman attitudes towards homosexuality during the Principate and Dominate periods. All male homosexual roles were seen as normal (whereas in the Republic and earlier eras, some were seen as demeaning or inappropriate), but lesbianness was greatly frowned upon, even if it still was not seen in as bad of a light as under Christianity.

This is quite simply completely wrong in regards to late Antique Roman approaches towards homosexuality, and if asked, I'm happy to provide relevant citations from Harper's book. The gist of his argument is that Roman sexual mores were more conservative (in the sense of not changing) from the early Principate to the Dominate than is commonly assumed and that the acceptability of public homosexual relations never approached anything remotely like social acceptability, instead in the Empire relations between freeborn men remained illegal and the subject of public mockery and scorn.

I don't know if its possible for concubines to be male, but that would be the closest approximation for what was acceptable in Roman society for male relations. This ignores the intervening centuries of Christian influence that would be exerted on a newly resurgent Hellenism in CK2's timeline, but I know that no one is here for realism in that regard, so I'd instead focus on accuracy for the late Empire pre-Christianity.

Hi all, and thanks for this new version.
Amazing work guys, as always.

I have a problem though, we would like to play a multiplayer game on this HIP version and whereas two of us manage to get the same checksum, the third player doesn't.
He is playing on MAC (we are on windows), and tried everythink we could think of to get this work.
We only want the mini SWMH module, arkopack armoiries, textures and localization.
We tried without any other mods than HIP and no matter what we try, the MAC player always ends up with another checksum.
Is it a common problem for mac users with windows players?

DLC are the same, (only one or two portraits pack are different but we don't install CRP+ anyway), mods are not selected in the launcher (only HIP), what could explain that?

PS: without HIP, unticked on the launcher, on vanilla, checksum match for the three of us

It's been a while since I had enough free time to play CK2 and with the quarantine and being off work, I'm back here to update mods. What's the difference, if any, to the pinned mod download and this version?

As a modding hook, could you please change the graphical culture for the Eastern Christian religions to 'easterngfx'. This enables changes like adding Orthodox councillors to the other heresies and branches. The ability to make compatible overrides for religions got lost in the 3.x patch, so this will nice to settle in a central spot. The religion group will still fallback to westerngfx for normal use.

Several religious flags seem to be misplaced. Papal States is using the Ecumenical Patriarch's flag. I do not know what the Paulician Patriarch and the Maronite Patriarch are, but they are not the flags used in any previous version that I can remember.
Additionally, the duchy of Argillia (c_oriel) is an Arabic script.

you can give them a claim....than run the event for adventure that does after their claim.
Hm, something like that I had in mind.. I just don't know what is the event, and how I run it in HIP. It seems to me, the vanilla event codes don't work in HIP?