• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good to know. Are you aware if Christian will be back for CK3? I haven't talked to him for ages.
Let's hope for a stable release (at least) and an interesting game, so you and the team could work with it.

Christian is plenty busy with real life at the moment, so i don't expect him to be my partner in crime for CK3.

But i'm keeping the door open for him, to participate with whatever he wants to do, if he finds the time for it.

Christian is plenty busy with real life at the moment, so i don't expect him to be my partner in crime for CK3.

But i'm keeping the door open for him, to participate with whatever he wants to do, if he finds the time for it.

I'm happy to hear that! Thank you for the information!

Some duchies have wrong title rank, same as counties. Turma is county rank, when culture chage this also change to another county tier name. This is very annoying.
Also I play with english localisation and I think something is wrong with cultural names. I think earlier there wasn't that much diffrent names for ranks. On screen it's greek rank names and this is also in vanilla but I saw margrave, roi, rei, ban and others cultural names.
kogj0Wz.png

Sicily, Holland and Flanders were historically only counties, even though they had the power of a duchy.

So we've added this line in the landed_titles

name_tier = count

That is what is controlling the naming of the title of Sicily, regardless of who controls it. It will circle through the Title localization file and pick the Count title localization for any culture controlling it. For the Greeks that is Tourmaches

Last edited:
The moment Frosty1 came out I started a new 936 campaign and I've been enjoying it a lot.

I did notice that the Umayyads and I think also Bulgaria had its rank downgraded from Empire to Kingdom. What was the reasoning for that? I did not see this communicated anywhere (maybe I missed it).

In the case with the former, how will the Taifa kingdoms ever emerge when there seems to be no mechanism to facilitate its breakup? It may happen that the AI conquers everything in Iberia and manages to form an Empire by itself and thus having to deal with Imperial Decay, but that seems unlikely given the relatively high requirements (esp. the holding 4 kingdom titles one) even though in my current playthrough the area of Castille, Barcelona and most of Portugal got already conquered by the 960s (Umayyads currently hold 2 kingdom titles: Andalusia and Valencia).

Thank you for the update! Is the 936 start date only available in SWMH? I don't see it in SWMH mini..

I don't play India and use the smaller version for performance on my laptop.
We forgot to update the bookmark file that adds bookmarks for 936 and the new scrollable range of 993-1018 for EMF+MiniSWMH in all the chaos of shipping Frosty1. It's an easy fix, however. Simply download and install the EMF Beta (simple instructions and download link).

If you like, you can view the outstanding changes/fixes/etc. in the latest live beta snapshot of EMF here:
HIP: EMF Beta Changelog

i was playing this version with my friend in mp and ai was somehow playing his own character....
I saw this happen once when doing some LAN MP testing in vanilla (baseline vanilla game + tiny test mod for trying to isolate and reproduce the cause of a script-induced OoS I'd encountered in my capacity as a CK2 beta tester). Very weird. Never was able to make it happen again, though, so I could never make a proper bug report for it to PDS.

Some duchies have wrong title rank, same as counties. Turma is county rank, when culture chage this also change to another county tier name. This is very annoying.
Also I play with english localisation and I think something is wrong with cultural names. I think earlier there wasn't that much diffrent names for ranks. On screen it's greek rank names and this is also in vanilla but I saw margrave, roi, rei, ban and others cultural names.
kogj0Wz.png
Man, what font is that please?

hello,

i have suggestion and potential bugs/wads which i encountered.

Levy reinforcement seems to be too little. i changed REINFORCE_RATE value to 0.04 , LEVY_RAISED_REINFORCE_RATE_MULTIPLIER value to vanilla value and LIEGE_LEVY_REINF_RATE to 0.04 to reflect REINFORCE_RATE. It seems that it is not possible to save current levies if levy size is changed(reduced). So this can help to stop seeing 500 soldier kingdom armies everywhere.
  1. (bug) i had several provinces with nomadic agitation as tribal and i solved it by building some buildings, but after becoming feudal it was reset and demanding to build castles or cities and i lost provinces which i shouldn't lose.
  2. (bug) after recent succession, isolated province modifier was applied to my holding(especialy capital province),that province is in middle of my kingdom and it destroyed my army for years after like few days.(i hate absolute relation between levy size and current levy)
  3. (bug)English localisation module doesn't change name for recently changed Hungarian group.
  4. (wad) it seems that English localisation doesn't change council names at all for some cultures.
  5. (wad) revocation law is reset after feudalisation because is getting separated from tribal authority. can it be changed to separate law for tribals or maybe removed from tribal authority at all?
Thank you.

for me yeh after you get 10k retinue above no one really bothers... Hope you guys add more positive relations events for AI so they could actually have massive levies and have an actual war between nations

for me yeh after you get 10k retinue above no one really bothers... Hope you guys add more positive relations events for AI so they could actually have massive levies and have an actual war between nations

Just wait for, Mongol or Aztec invasion. ;)

those 2 even the seljuks are the only real threat. Not even HRE or a blobbing france or a really lucky nation are a threat to phuman player
If you're bored, land your favorite son/cousin/whatever in a nice county and then switch to them and start from 0. Watch the AI destroy all the achievements of your ancestors.