• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
what mod is MCN?
A non HIP mod or submod that currently changes or breaks titles and currently results in coats of arms being wrong when used with HIP.

In order for us to recreate the bug, we need to know your exact HIP setup. You can find it in your version.txt file.

Also, we need complete honesty about which submods you are using. We don't wanna waste time trying to fix a bug, that you present as ours in your bug reports, if it turns out you are actually using submods and the bug originates in one of them. Its a waste of all of our time. And submod creators are responsible themselves for fixing their own bugs.

Incorporated vanilla decisions to form the Kingdoms of Leon, Castile, Aragon, and Portugal.

These decisions don't appear on the menu. I searched them in the mod files and all I found was this non functional code:
Code:
# -*- ck2.decisions -*-

decisions = {
    emf_create_leon = {
        ai = no
        potential = { always = no }
        effect = {}
    }

emf_create_castille = {
        ai = no
        effect = {}
    }

emf_create_portugal = {
        ai = no
        effect = {}
    }

emf_create_aragon = {
        ai = no
        effect = {}
    }
}

I was working this summer on a huge Iberian submod to tackle things like this, however I left it half made when I accidentally lost many files and was no longer in the mood to remake it. Anyway while the new Iberian setup is an improvement I would like to make some suggestions for 867 that should be easily implemented on a future update:

- Galicia had never existed by that year, so it should not be de jure. The suevi kingdom was long gone by that time and had been previusly incorporated by the visigoths. I suggest making Galicia de jure Asturias.

- Asturias and Galicia de jure territory should not include lands south of their frontier. Segovia, Salamanca, and other duchies should be Andalusian de jure, since they had been muslim for more than 100 years.

- I don't understand what you intended with Valencia. I guess because of game balance to avoid a huge Andalusian de jure?! Anyway, since it's easily created with no special requirements I think it's useless, since the Andalusian sultan controls most of it. I suggest removing Valencia from the de jure set up in favor of Andalusia.

- Beyond fixing the previusly mentioned decisions I would definetely include a decision for Galicia, and maybe another one for Valencia (stepping into plausible alt history here).

To end I must say I really like the new political set up, specially the ongoing war for Porto.

These decisions don't appear on the menu. I searched them in the mod files and all I found was this non functional code:
Yeah, I forgot to account for the EMF + SWMH version of the decision file. It will be fixed in the next release.

Overall, if HIP had practiced a hardcore de jure rule, the Iberian setup would have looked like what you proposed. But HIP as a whole considers gameplay consequences like crusade targets, so we had to make some concessions here and there, like the Kingdom of Valencia which the SWMH team (including myself) was not so thrilled to introduce. In the end, we chose not to strictly follow the 100-year de jure status rule.

The thing that kicked off the series of changes in Iberia was the fact that the Kingdom of Andalusia makes for too huge a crusade target. Once again, SWMH team was not really in favor of introducing the Kingdom of Valencia for this purpose, but we figured it to be the lesser evil.

- Galicia had never existed by that year, so it should not be de jure. The suevi kingdom was long gone by that time and had been previusly incorporated by the visigoths. I suggest making Galicia de jure Asturias.
Western Iberia in 867 presents a challenging scenario for reasons you can imagine. You're right, the Suevi kingdom and Lusitania were a thing of the past for centuries; but 1) We didn't want to make the Kingdom of Andalusia too big, 2) the Umayyads had a lot of problem keeping this area in line all the way up to the 10th century. If we made northwestern Iberia de jure territory of Asturias, we'd have to make the rest of western Iberia de jure Andalusia; to prevent this, we'd then have had to introduce a kingdom of Lusitania, which is even older than the Suevi kingdom. These reasons equally apply to the case of the Kingdom of Valencia.

- Asturias and Galicia de jure territory should not include lands south of their frontier. Segovia, Salamanca, and other duchies should be Andalusian de jure, since they had been muslim for more than 100 years.

- I don't understand what you intended with Valencia. I guess because of game balance to avoid a huge Andalusian de jure?! Anyway, since it's easily created with no special requirements I think it's useless, since the Andalusian sultan controls most of it. I suggest removing Valencia from the de jure set up in favor of Andalusia.
You're correct, as I've been writing above, HIP team did not want to see a huge kingdom of Andalusia because it's too huge a crusade target.

- Beyond fixing the previusly mentioned decisions I would definetely include a decision for Galicia, and maybe another one for Valencia (stepping into plausible alt history here).
Possibly.

Are there any plans to introduce decisions to reinstate the old Roman provinces? It'd be a whole lot easier to not have a billion useless three duchy vassal viceroys.

Are there any plans to introduce decisions to reinstate the old Roman provinces? It'd be a whole lot easier to not have a billion useless three duchy vassal viceroys.
Sounds sensible, indeed!

Thanks for the update :)

Not sure I like the changes to the Artifacts though. Sure a few needed them but most of them were unique and now after the changes they all feel the same. Prestige + Opinion bonus. Especially the historical Imperial Crowns

What is the policy regarding sub-mobs? I made some mini submod for personal use, but I might decide to share it. Mostly some history files changes, but asking because of permissions and so on?

What is the policy regarding sub-mobs? I made some mini submod for personal use, but I might decide to share it. Mostly some history files changes, but asking because of permissions and so on?

Just go ahead and release it, if you'd like. Out of curiosity, what files have you changed in your mini submods?

We would like to know if people are planning on releasing a sub-mod (thats kind of the policy). We are very liberal in allowing people to release sub-mods. I don't recall us denying anyone the right to release a SWMH related submod, since i joined the team

Last edited:
Just go ahead and release it, if you'd like. Out of curiosity, what files have you changed in your mini submods?

We would like to know if people are planning on releasing a sub-mod (thats kind of the policy). We are very liberal in allowing people to release sub-mods. I don't recall us denying anyone the right to release a SWMH related submod, since i joined the team
What if I want permission to release the most disgusting and offencive thing you could possible make?

What if I want permission to release the most disgusting and offencive thing you could possible make?
I'm almost sure that paradox is going to silence you first depending on how offensive and provocative that submod is.

We are arguing hypotheticals then. You will most likely violate forum rules with the submod, which means the submod will get pulled by paradox themselves and you will either get a warning or your user will get a temporary ban

Last edited:
If you are the one publishing the PHU HIP on the workshop, please delete it right away.

If you are the one publishing the PHU HIP on the workshop, please delete it right away.
You mean PFU HIP? What is that? There's no description and I don't know what the first acronym means? I hate when they release mods with no description. N-Not that I ever intended on downloading what it is...

We would like to know if people are planning on releasing a sub-mod (thats kind of the policy). We are very liberal in allowing people to release sub-mods. I don't recall us denying anyone the right to release an SWMH related submod, since I joined the team
It is mostly histories of the dead characters, flavour thing mostly. Fixed stats, traits instead of randoms and nicknames for some Roman Emperors, Scandinavian Jarls and Kings, few Serbian characters, and few others I found.
Changed "af Björn" to "af Styrbjörn" dynasty, returned its link to af Munsö, but they are separate dynasty. Few characters in the late XII century changed to be members of af Styrbjörn, since they were still members of af Munsö, but their father and grandfather and so on were of af (Styr)björn which broke the af Munsö tree. Moved Lodbrok back to af Munsö and returned few other historical unplayable characters to the af Munsö tree. They are probably legendary, but I like them more than having no one before Ironside.
Added patters for mostly pagan COA and few other custom dynastic COAs, again mostly for norse, slavic.
Mostly stuff like that, it is still work in progress..