• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings everyone,

I really love the detail applied to this game,theoretically. Theoretically only because I cannot download this mod, and am forced to watch Arumba play to satisfy my need for this mod.
When I download the file in the first post of this forum, It asks me to chose a app for downloading, and the directions here do not suggest any. I have tried everything, and I could really use the help. I really would appreciate it.

Thanks

Greetings everyone,

I really love the detail applied to this game,theoretically. Theoretically only because I cannot download this mod, and am forced to watch Arumba play to satisfy my need for this mod.
When I download the file in the first post of this forum, It asks me to chose a app for downloading, and the directions here do not suggest any. I have tried everything, and I could really use the help. I really would appreciate it.

Thanks
So do you have a problem with downloading the mod file or you dont know what module to install? If i get this right its asking you what modules to install , aka you want only the map(swmh), or maybe the interface change (arko), etc

Last edited:
Greetings everyone,

Thanks
Screenshot please.

upload_2017-10-25_14-36-15.png

This is what I am getting. It opens the mod file via adobe for some reason. Also, thanks for your reply!

If I may be of any help: download the file first but don't open it. As you can see, it's a .7z file, and for some reason, your operating system has set .7z files to be opened by Adobe Acrobat. After you have downloaded the file, right-click and choose the "Open with..." option. Select a program that can open .7z files, like WinRAR (if you don't have WinRAR, google it and download it). After that, set that program to be the default program to open .7z files. You should be good to go from that point.

upload_2017-10-25_15-28-2.png

***********The first two 7z in my download section are what got after downloading both under the green header**********

**********************After downloading the mod, it does not show the 7-zip file so I search through other apps,but it is not present. So I go to the through the following to find it:

upload_2017-10-25_15-39-50.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-25_15-30-50.png
    upload_2017-10-25_15-30-50.png
    140,2 KB · Views: 5
  • upload_2017-10-25_15-38-14.png
    upload_2017-10-25_15-38-14.png
    140,2 KB · Views: 2
Now that you've installed 7-Zip: Right-click on the HIP download file and select the "Open with..." option. 7-Zip should show up in that list; if it doesn't, click the "Choose another app" sub-option and find 7-Zip in the dialog.
blah.png

This is right?
Yes, that's what is supposed to happen. Now you need to extract all those files. Click the big "Extract" button and choose a target folder. I prefer to use a separate folder (e.g., My Documents/Downloaded Mods/HIP 2017-08-29), but you alternatively can follow the instructions given here and extract it directly to My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod.

upload_2017-10-25_16-41-27.png

I ran the HIP.exe and followed the directions, however, I do not see HIP or Historical Immersion Project. Is it because I do not have the Monks and Mistics Mod?

upload_2017-10-25_16-43-44.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-25_16-24-32.png
    upload_2017-10-25_16-24-32.png
    348,8 KB · Views: 2
I ran the HIP.exe and followed the directions, however, I do not see HIP or Historical Immersion Project.
You forgot to move the final files--the "Historical Immersion Project" folder at the top, and the "HIP.mod" file that looks like a video file--into the main "mod" folder after you ran the program. Move those two items up one level.
- Current (wrong) location: Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/HIP 2017-08-29
- Correct location: Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod

Quick question, where can I check what religions allow me to hold the Roman Empire?
I don't think you need a specific religion to hold the Roman Empire (though a non-Christian on the Eastern Roman throne after the year 900 will trigger the start of the Catholic crusades: events/religious_events/39661/trigger). To restore the Roman Empire, though, you need to be in the Christian religion group: decisions/realm_decisions.txt/restore_roman_empire/potential.

I don't think you need a specific religion to hold the Roman Empire (though a non-Christian on the Eastern Roman throne after the year 900 will trigger the start of the Catholic crusades: events/religious_events/39661/trigger). To restore the Roman Empire, though, you need to be in the Christian religion group: decisions/realm_decisions.txt/restore_roman_empire/potential.
I remember a patch note about how the ERE now stops existing in this mod if held by an infidel. That doesn't work for the RE?

I remember a patch note about how the ERE now stops existing in this mod if held by an infidel. That doesn't work for the RE?
I can't find an event that does this in the current version of HIP. Maybe you're thinking of CK2Plus.
Im not sure if its a bug or just balance.. But in the Old Gods start, watching how the AI Norse expand its annoying to me watching them subjugate the Titular Kingdoms in Pommerania and then use those as their primary title and sometimes never creating Denmark, Sweden, or Norway...

Maybe those Titular titles should be restricted by culture? And destroyed upon being inherited by another culture... I mean you did the same thing with the ERE title.
We didn't do the same thing with the ERE title-- CK2Plus did years ago, and I can't say I'm a fan of the approach.