• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zijistark

HIP Lead
58 Badges
Jan 29, 2013
zijistark.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
It's about time for another release, Hades7.

Work continues on the 1043 timeline extension for SWMH and associated support in other modules, but meanwhile, we've got Hades7 to say goodbye to 2016 and usher in the new year.

Happy New Year!
- The HIP Team

Download! [ MediaFire Mirror ]
This release is for CKII v2.6.3. It is compatible with savegames from all prior versions for CKII 2.6.X.

REMINDERS:
  • Always remember to delete any preexisting 'modules/' folder before extracting the release download into your mod folder.
  • HIP is modular: different installer choices yield wildly different forms of HIP, so remember:
    • ALWAYS include your version.txt file from the [default] 'mod/Historical Immersion Project' folder with any posts regarding specific behavior in HIP (especially bug reports). If you don't do this, your post'll be much less useful and is apt to be ignored.
  • As always, one must use the same modules as previously used with old savegames. Exceptions which may be enabled or disabled at your pleasure:
    • SED: English Localisation for SWMH
    • ARKOpack Interface
    • Arumba's Keyboard Shortcuts
    • LTM
  • SWMH does not include a 769 bookmark. We've no intention to add one, but there might be an unofficial sub-mod for this in the future.
  • SWMH does not include eastern/southern India but does include Rajastan. We've no intention of adding more of India.
  • MiniSWMH is an official SWMH sub-mod which removes India and the least-relevant parts of Africa in order to provide a higher-performance SWMH alternative.

EMF v6.06
  • MAJOR:
    • Nomads:
      • Nomads who settle may now do so only as tribals, they cannot settle directly to feudal or merchant republic.
      • Settling is done via the county title (right-click on the county title to access the Adopt Tribalism decision) and may be performed on personally-owned counties where either a tribal holding already exists or one can be constructed (there will need to be an empty holding slot, and the province either needs to contain a castle, contain a temple if the nomad is Muslim, or the nomad's capital must contain a 2nd-level Baghatur Council). The process works roughly as before, save for the fact that all clan vassals will be given the option of either also going tribal and remaining your vassal or staying nomadic and becoming independent. They are only likely to go independent if they personally hold at least three provinces and their capital is in the steppes.
      • Settling in a province which isn't also your current capital now properly converts nomadic buildings to tribal (in the newly-constructed tribal holding).
      • The new tribal realm has some starting Tribal Organization. For pagans, it is Low. For non-pagans or reformed pagans without a castle in their capital province, it is Medium. For non-pagans or reformed pagans with a castle in their capital province, it is High.
      • Altaic tribal rulers who are independent, have 1000 Prestige, and are either Duke or King tier now have a decision which allows them to go nomadic.
    • New Game Rule: Historical Outcome Promotion
      • NOTE: This rule's implementation throughout the myriad places in our code in which it may matter is very partial at best right now. Over the next few releases, we'll be fleshing it out to be more comprehensive.
      • Rule settings:
        • Default: EMF will strike a compromise between a historical sandbox and aggressively promoting in-game historical outcomes. This is, more or less, what we've always done, with some exceptions (the default is now slightly less aggressive).
        • Aggressive: EMF will aggressively try to promote historical outcomes in your campaign where possible and within reason (and where we've actually been able to implement code to do so).
          • The extra Norse adventurers which spawn after the start of the Viking Age will be more common.
        • Passive: EMF will only passively promote historical outcomes. This is essentially a sandbox and shouldn't be expected to lead to particularly historical outcomes.
          • No extra Norse adventurers will be spawned after the start of the Viking Age.
          • Sunni Caliph will never order the murder of the Manicheans in Baghdad.
          • The Seljuks' scripted invasion of Anatolia following their conquest of Armenia which leads to the formation of Rum if successful -- this event will never fire at all with Passive.
          • Rollo's scripted invasion of Normandy will not happen.
  • CHANGES:
    • If the Paulician Patriarchate is ever inherited or usurped by a non-Paulician, the title will either be transferred back to the former owner (if they are alive and Paulician) or destroyed.
    • Non-seafaring duchy adventures now receive ships.
    • The Drunkard trait now has a -0.5 health malus instead of none.
    • Killing a dynasty member at a coronation duel will now earn the Kinslayer trait, and the family of the fallen will not forget the brutish incident. Only the duel challenger is subject to these repercussions.
    • The Convert to Attacker Religion decision is now available for unreformed pagans under wider circumstances, and when a religious war defender chooses to take the decision, they will also be subjugated by the attacker when possible. [Fewer holy wars invalidating with no return just as you're about to offer peace.]
  • FIXES:
    • Fixed issue wherein Automatic Empire Disintegration would apply to the invading Mongol Empire if the Horse Lords DLC was disabled.
    • A Strong Basileus ascending in the Roman Empire will now properly reduce Imperial Decay by 5.
    • Rare case where a non-independent crusade victor that also chose to keep the crusade title could sometimes gain vassals belonging to a different character who was a previous crusade victor has been fixed.
    • Fixed an exploit with plots where a player could switch to another plot target immediately upon receiving the plot success event and the effects of the old plot would apply to the new target.
    • Rollo's existing children will now also change to his new dynasty when he converts.
    • Fixed Pope's targeting of investiture laws to only look at primary titles.
    • Annual maintenance event checking for existence of coronation traits on kings and emperors added (solves issue regarding imperial vassal kings, which do not receive coronations, not getting the Uncrowned trait if they gain independence and thus become feudal).
    • The Rollo in the history files is now removed at game start for the Old Gods scenario, to avoid the possibility of having two Rollos in play at the same time.

SWMH v2.973
  • Added localisation for 11 baronies previously missing it
  • Fixed all mismatches on province 'max_settlements' between province history and '00_province_setup.txt'
  • William the Conqueror's wife, Mathilda of Flanders, was in fact not a *Dwarf* or even considered short for the era. Silly vanilla.
  • Relocated Manichaen holy sites.

MiniSWMH v1.2.8
  • Fixed some syntax errors in the disease specification file which may have negatively impacted some outbreak behavior (likely a minimal impact, however).

ARKOpack 2016-12-31
  • ARMOIRIES:
    • re-added some reworked vanilla 2 colours CoA designs for Zoroastrian group (save compatible)
    • redrawn or new dynastic CoA for "de Scarpone" "de Montfaucon" "Etichonen"
    • added title CoA for county level Bar/Briesgau/Wurttemberg/Baden/Ostereich
    • redrawn title CoA for duchy level Baden/Ostereich
    • added baronial CoAs for Montbéliard/Ferrette/Pont-à-Mousson
  • INTERFACE:
    • tweaked various positions (chronicles, outliner, customizer)
    • improved some graphics (christian and pagan charviews)
    • added some new graphics (customizer's backgrounds for muslim & christian, muslim & indian outliner borders)
    • removed DLC alert frame from frontend screen
    • in charview added a larger glowing area around realm_tree ring icon
    • fixed unitpanel's position to resolve the window clash that could happen with province view
    • fixed fixed wrong position for income values in outliner
    • fixed outliner not displaying modded files for non christians
    • fixed config tab size for non christians in outliner

CPRplus v2.6.4
  • CHANGES:
    • Early-era Pecheneg characters wear color variants of the Turkish clothes
    • Hair assets changed for the pagan Hungarian female, early Pecheneg female, and Pecheneg male
  • FIXES:
    • Removed the white glow around the “papal” portrait background [vanilla bug]

Reactions:
Thank you once again for the update! Your hard work is very much appreciated!

Reactions:
thanks again for the update.. best part of the update is this
passive: EMF will only passively promote historical outcomes. This is essentially a sandbox and shouldn't be expected to lead to particularly historical outcomes.

I like this part of the update.. The world becomes a Sandbox ( and a writers dream world ) and you never know what to expect. Curious does this mean the crusades wont fire when they historically did when in this mode ?. Just curious !

Keep up the great work HIP !!!!.. Happy new year everyone !

Reactions:
Has the siege view bug been fixed?

Whenever you would siege your army menu would overlap it.
Why don't you just find out? [Heck if I even know precisely what you're talking about, as you give no indication of mod combos-- might as well just load and see for yourself at that rate.]

Reactions:
thanks again for the update.. best part of the update is this
passive: EMF will only passively promote historical outcomes. This is essentially a sandbox and shouldn't be expected to lead to particularly historical outcomes.

I like this part of the update.. The world becomes a Sandbox ( and a writers dream world ) and you never know what to expect. Curious does this mean the crusades wont fire when they historically did when in this mode ?. Just curious !

Keep up the great work HIP !!!!.. Happy new year everyone !

Personally, I think the Passive setting is going to be the least desirable overall (but perhaps useful or a change-up). Just because railroading is essentially disabled (to an extent -- the Mongol Invasion and Turkic Conquerors have their own rules, and we might add a rule for Norman Conquerors) doesn't mean the game outcomes won't be repetitive-- sometimes Historical Outcome Promotion: Passive may mean some pretty neat features are disabled.

Once we get more code aware of the game rule, I'd tend to recommend Default or Aggressive for most people for most games. [Aggressive really won't be over the top-- it's just that if you like seeing things like Rollo invade Normandy, bend the knee, and swear fealty or Norman culture ever form from the 867 start or an English England, it's going to be at least possible or considerably more likely to happen-- nothing is guaranteed at all, and we maintain our dynamic, story-driven philosophy upon emergent game outcomes (i.e., we're not fans of railroading either, but we want to let you choose the degree of specific history involved per campaign).]

Last edited:
Reactions:
If the Paulician Patriarchate is ever inherited or usurped by a non-Paulician, the title will either be transferred back to the former owner (if they are alive and Paulician) or destroyed.
It may be a good idea to extend this protection to all religion-controlling titles that don't automatically get Theocracy government.* I can't say I've personally seen it happen, for any religion leader other than the Paulician Patriarch--but, under the current rules, even the Sunni Caliphate could be inherited by an infidel! (I have personally seen the kingdoms of Africa and Andalusia inherited by Christians, so this presumably could happen to any Sunni ruler.) Squash the bug before it happens...

*Reformed Norse, Waldensian, Yazidi, and all Muslim religions, in addition to Paulician

---

Edit: See the attached file for an expanded version of emf_heresy.2108.

Attachments

• emf_heresy.2108.txt
    2,6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
New Game Rule: Historical Outcome Promotion
EMF 5.05 made certain heresies less likely to appear unless their events fire - e.g. "Fraticelli are less frequent until the *Brother Angelo* event fires in the early 13th century".
Can you make these events not tied to a certain time frame on "Passive", and make the heresies impossible before their event fires on "Aggressive"?

Reactions:
EMF 5.05 made certain heresies less likely to appear unless their events fire - e.g. "Fraticelli are less frequent until the *Brother Angelo* event fires in the early 13th century".
Can you make these events not tied to a certain time frame on "Passive", and make the heresies impossible before their event fires on "Aggressive"?
Our plan is something similar to this, yes. We just hadn't gotten around to it for this release. I don't think we'll ever make heresies outright impossible, simply because we need to have at least _some_ available heresy/religion to give to a character or province that employs the "become_heretic" effect, and depending upon region, culture, and other factors, there is not always a good selection of plausible religions with which to convert. IOW, we're not interested in making "Aggressive" so aggressive that it plays like a history book, but yes, on Passive, they'll be able to appear without their tied historical events.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Thanks you guys for your hard work, that is a great New Years' gift!
Although I would place myself in the "Passive"-camp - because my personal preferred interpretation of "Historical Immersion" translates into: to have a starting point, that is the most historically accurate as possible, from which the ensuing gameplay is complete sandbox -, I am truly glad for those of us, who have another style of playing this game :)

Reactions:
What Passive Historical Enforcement would mean to me was removing all De-Jure Kingdoms that did not exist before the start date of the game. The AI should then of course be able to use the decision to form a new Kingdom.

Reactions:
I would second this suggestion made right above me. Naming these kingdoms in an immersive way could be difficult, though - as I would consider kingdoms solely named after the ruling dynasty (as in the case of the muslim states) unprobable even in a pure sandbox scenario.

Reactions:
What Passive Historical Enforcement would mean to me was removing all De-Jure Kingdoms that did not exist before the start date of the game.
I would second this suggestion made right above me.
IIRC, every (edit: non-titular) duchy must be a de jure part of a kingdom, or the game will crash. "Removing" an existing de jure kingdom would necessitate replacing it with a new k_null title, just as "removing" the existing de jure empires necessitated replacing them with a new e_null title to avoid bugs. However, this might break other mechanics, such as the "Become King" ambition...
Naming these kingdoms in an immersive way could be difficult, though - as I would consider kingdoms solely named after the ruling dynasty (as in the case of the muslim states) unprobable even in a pure sandbox scenario.
A new kingdom could be named after the culture of its holder, of its capital province, or of a realm province.* Compare event emf_heresy.1801, which allows a new Sunni caliph to choose a regnal name; a similar system could be set up for a new kingdom, as shown by events 62930 through 62932 in misc_old_gods_events.txt, which rename the three Francias after they pass out of Karling control.

*In descending order of preference, if the other names already have been taken. For example: A French character creates a kingdom out in the lands of the Poles. However, the Kingdom of France already exists--i.e., the global flag frankish_kingdom_exists already has been set (in the history files or in a startup event, since the two Francias existed from the start of the game). Therefore, his next choice is the culture of his capital, which is Polish. His kingdom is named "Poland", and the global flag polish_kingdom_exists is set. (A predefined list of cultural kingdom names would have to be in the localization files.)

Last edited:
Reactions:
IIRC, every duchy must be part of a de jure kingdom, or the game will crash.

Duchy of Slovakia in vanilla is not part of any kingdom or empire and the game is fine (although it is titular title, so it never appears on de jure map).

Reactions:
Look at the post he is responding to. It is suggesting that all de-jure Kingdoms that does not exist before game start should be removed. The titular duchy of Slovakia doesn't really fit that.

What Passive Historical Enforcement would mean to me was removing all De-Jure Kingdoms that did not exist before the start date of the game. The AI should then of course be able to use the decision to form a new Kingdom.

And Toa Kraka is indeed correct about that. Every single duchy needs to be part of a De-jure Kingdom, regardless of whether that Kingdom has a title holder or not.

Last edited: