• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zijistark

HIP Lead
58 Badges
Jan 29, 2013
zijistark.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
This release is primarily to address issues and feedback regarding the Christmas release (in addition to some new stuff). With Conclave (patch 2.5) arriving in very short order, we wanted to ensure that we left our final version for CKII v2.4.X in as glorious of a state as possible. For those that might want to stay on the current, stable CK2 patch for awhile longer before settling into an eventually-more-stable 2.5, this is especially for you.

Download! [ MediaFire Mirror ]
SWMH is save-compatible with the Christmas release (2015-12-23). Additionally, all other modules have been and remain save-compatible.

REMINDERS:
  • SWMH does not include a 769 start. There is no plan to add one.
  • As always, one must use the same modules as previously used with old savegames. Exceptions which may be enabled or disabled at your pleasure:
    • SED: English Localisation for SWMH
    • ARKOpack Interface
    • Arumba's Keyboard Shortcuts
    • NBRT+

EMF v4.05
  • NEW FEATURES:
    • Upon reaching adulthood (age 16), male characters with mothers that have strong claims upon titles will "pre-inherit" them as weak claims (does not apply to claims on titles governed by Absolute Cognatic succession law)
    • Newborn infants now have a 3% chance of dying during childbirth (stillborn or otherwise)
    • For a temporary period following a succession, rulers will be able to raise fewer liege levies than otherwise
    • The HRE will have less trouble with Independence factions forming in Italy and especially Burgundy despite not being their de jure liege
    • (EMF+SWMH) Bookmarks after 1205 restored, as these later start dates are increasingly presentable in terms of coherent title history (some areas still need love in late-era, though)
    • To view interest faction mood and membership at a glance, simply view a character in such a faction, and their associated interest faction's icon will display on a color scale of gold (Happy) to red (Angry) in the view's character modifier section
  • CHANGES:
    • The 4i (4 interests) factions (Court, Prosperity, Glory, and Tradition) are now significantly more difficult to keep happy all the time due to rebalancing of the aggregrate vassal opinion scale which determines faction mood
      • Note that the new scale should be more intuitive for EMF players when considering the various relevant thresholds of opinion already in EMF; the previous scale was calibrated according to CK2Plus's balance, which didn't fit EMF goals very well.
    • Base fertility has been reduced further overall
    • Magyar event troops will disband upon their initial ruler's death
    • Muslims should now be more on par with Christian strength:
      • Inter-Muslim wars cost less piety per month
      • Muslims gain twice as much piety per month for each mosque in their demesne
      • Boost in secondary spouse fertility (still much less than primary spouse fertility)
      • Muslims are no longer penalized w/ -10% tax from Muslim provinces (vs. non-Muslim, which receive a +25% bonus)
      • Decadence's impact (either positive or negative) upon demesne income has been halved (now +10% to -10% for decadence of 0-100)
      • Decadence's impact upon army morale is now never negative, but it can still be positive for low decadence
      • Decadence gain from unlanded dynasty members has been dramatically reduced
    • Vassal opinion of you due to raising their liege levies for extended periods of time now stacks-up much faster (-1 opinion per 42 days vs. the vanilla 61 days)
    • Characters will now considerably more rarely live well into their 70s
    • Lovers or concubines (that aren't married to each other) will experience more pregnancies than previously, ceteris paribus
    • De jure kingdom titles will now be assimilated by empire titles (de jure drift) in 50 years rather than 100 (NOTE: kingdoms still assimilate de jure duchies after the standard 100 years)
    • The College of Cardinals' cardinal & pope selection/scoring mechanism now barely at all factors dynasty prestige of the candidate into the equation (truly should no longer see many Karling/Jimena/etc. popes in mid-to-late stage of a campaign)
    • The personal piety of a religious head no longer plays any role at all in their religion's Religious Authority
    • Catholic bishops now pay a larger portion of their tax to the Pope if they prefer him over their liege (not as much as pre-2.4, however)
    • Patricians now pay only 25% of regular city tax to their liege (halved from vanilla)
    • Nomads will now enjoy higher max. population / empty holding slots (moreso on EMF+SWMH)
    • Nomads have a clan limit of 12 instead of 9 when playing EMF without SWMH (with it, it was already capped at 12)
    • Levies are now more expensive to maintain while raised
    • Liege levies now replenish more slowly (as slowly as retinues reinforce in EMF-- 3%/month), but demesne levies continue to replenish faster (4%/month)
    • The threshold at which a court is considered "crowded" for the purposes of accelerated disease incidence and spread has been lowered from a court size of 50 to 40
    • AI raid aggression has been reduced
    • AI willingness to declare war at any given time is now TWICE as much as vanilla (and 67% more likely than prior in EMF)
  • FIXES:
    • De jure expansion of Aragon during the Reconquista now correctly triggers in 2 possible cases that were previously not likely to trigger due to a logic error and in another case which was fully-impossible to trigger (Mallorca)
    • Fixed the tooltip for the de jure expansion of Christian Iberia events
    • Succession law faction revolts will no longer invalidate for succession types other than Seniority whenever the original war liege (defender) is replaced (e.g., due to death or title usurpation)
    • Succession law faction revolts for laws aside from Seniority will now correctly enforce the change in succession law upon rebel success
    • Succession law faction ultimatums, if accepted by the liege, now properly change the correct law when the law in question is not Seniority (in which case it already worked properly)
    • Fixed a few edge cases not previously handled in the new dynamic civil war system which would otherwise cause incoherent game state (very rare)
    • When a vote of no confidence in a 4i (4 interests) faction leader is taken, the faction leader will now correctly vote against the motion rather than for it
    • Fixed loophole wherein players could join multiple interest factions at once (though the AI could not)

SWMH v2.911
  • Restored bookmarks and start dates after 1205
  • Fixed and added historical characters and data related to the Mongol Empire, Ilkhanate, Golden Horde, and Chagatai Khanate
  • Miscellaneous changes to barony setup in East Turkestan for better historicity and game balance
  • Extensively improved Prussian namelist
  • Scotland tribalised in pre-1146 start dates
  • Ireland tribalised
  • Wales tribalised
  • Ireland and Scotland given Tanistry Succession
  • Scottish naming regularised
  • Further tweaks to the "Great Heathen Army," numbers upped slightly and composition tweaked: vikings should be more consistent in Britain
  • The Great Heathen Army now remains after peace
  • Invasion of East Anglia restored, invasion of the Five Boroughs added
  • Assorted bugfixes

MiniSWMH: Performance-Friendly SWMH v1.01
  • Latest SWMH compatibility

SED: English Localisation for SWMH v2.1.3
  • Latest SWMH compatibility
  • Minor localisation tweaks

CPRplus v2.2.1
  • CHANGES:
    • Revised some of the Mongol headgear
    • Volga Bulgar and Khotanese [SWMH only] characters now have Persian eyes
    • Like Spymasters, king-tier Marshals no longer wear armor by virtue of their position
    • If nomadic, only holders of the Mongol Empire and Kara Khitai empire [SWMH] have free access to emperor-tier headgear now
    • Central Asian characters now have a mixture of eye and hair colors from Turkish and Cuman portrait packs
    • Early-period Uyghur female uses Mongol hair (East Asian hair was too big for the headgear)
  • FIXES:
    • Fixed a bug where Spymaster kept wearing his/her headgear and cloth when leading an army
    • Even when at peace, nomads will now wear armor when raiding
    • If at peace, “Mongol camp” portrait background will now be available to nomadic characters leading army

Reactions:
Released 3 days before my birthday, I'll consider this my gift.

Reactions:
Thank you Ziji:)

Reactions:
Looks like the difficulty just went up.

Just wanna ask: If engaged in wars, vassals continue to be angry over raised levies even when raiding. WAD?
Not something we can control, so WAD so to speak, yes.

Looks good, thanks for yet another release HIP team.

Upon reaching adulthood (age 16), male characters with mothers that have strong claims upon titles will "pre-inherit" them as weak claims (does not apply to claims on titles governed by Absolute Cognatic succession law)

This reminds me. Is there anything you can do about "lost" claims? I mean a situation where, say, the daughter of a king dies before her father, thus resulting in a situation where the children of the king's daughter are left without claims.

Looks good, thanks for yet another release HIP team.

This reminds me. Is there anything you can do about "lost" claims? I mean a situation where, say, the daughter of a king dies before her father, thus resulting in a situation where the children of the king's daughter are left without claims.

I'd very much like to see that too. I also think it wouldn't be so bad to extend the same mechanic to sons of women with weak, inheritable claims.

Kudos, as usual, to you guys to really being really in tune to the communities suggestions and comments in continually improving this wonderful game. I see a lot of the suggestions regarding the early start in Britain and the Norse Invasion were deftly incorporated. I applaud your team's hard work zij and commitment to working with your dedicated fanbase to continually evolve HIP.

PS: quick note, it appears with the change to tribal government in Ireland and Scotland the language localization has been lost. Minor yes, but wanted to bring your attention to it for the future release.

Reactions:
Great work, it's nice to see HIP is getting more challenging !
Any idea when we can expect a Conclave-compatible version ? Just to know if it's worth it to start a small vanilla campaign to try that DLC.

Hmmm.. ok. Just wanna check: For EMF, is the Catholic clergy's "all or nothing" policy for taxes and levies still in place?
That's hard-coded, yeah. They still give levies regardless of Papal loyalty, though.

I'd very much like to see that too. I also think it wouldn't be so bad to extend the same mechanic to sons of women with weak, inheritable claims.

I think that if the ruler's progeny isn't around at the time of succession (i.e., died before that point), their claim is legitimately lost. I might be able to be convinced otherwise with a historical counterexample or a few preferably. Then I'd consider evaluating whether it's reasonably possible. ;)

Kudos, as usual, to you guys to really being really in tune to the communities suggestions and comments in continually improving this wonderful game. I see a lot of the suggestions regarding the early start in Britain and the Norse Invasion were deftly incorporated. I applaud your team's hard work zij and commitment to working with your dedicated fanbase to continually evolve HIP.

PS: quick note, it appears with the change to tribal government in Ireland and Scotland the language localization has been lost. Minor yes, but wanted to bring your attention to it for the future release.
Thanks for the kudos, and thanks for the heads-up: I'll make sure @Woody Man hears about this issue with the tribal localisation overriding SWMH's native ones. How? Via that @mention right there.

Reactions:
Great work, it's nice to see HIP is getting more challenging !
Any idea when we can expect a Conclave-compatible version ? Just to know if it's worth it to start a small vanilla campaign to try that DLC.
No idea. I'm stoked to get compatching right now, but I don't know what the compatch is going to entail & availability is a tad spotty next week and the following (doh!). Barring any unadvertised changes to the way the map works and such (has been known to happen), EMF rather than SWMH will require the vast majority of the HIP compatch work this round. However, with the HIP-Plus union of sorts, we should have more heads collaborating upon the relevant work in EMF that will need to be done (isolating bugs in the patch and discovering workarounds, etc.).

A small vanilla campaign, if nothing else to remind you of how much you like HIP instead, would be advisable given your query.

Reactions:
Thanks for the kudos, and thanks for the heads-up: I'll make sure @Woody Man hears about this issue with the tribal localisation overriding SWMH's native ones. How? Via that @mention right there.

I'll be on it, need to spend a bit of the time in the localisation hall anyway.

Reactions:
I'll be on it, need to spend a bit of the time in the localisation hall anyway.

Will you upload the fix to the Beta???

Cheers

Will you upload the fix to the Beta???

Cheers
SWMH doesn't have a beta.

Also, the EMF beta is going to be dicey from here until the Conclave compatch. Save-incompatible changes will be happening rapidly next week, and one went in today (only matters if your game has a Saint-Empire Romain in it, though). Traits may also get shifted a bit in old saves by the end of today (will be removing some old placeholder traits from VIET).

Reactions:
I'm brand new to CK2 and when I heard about HIP, I knew I needed it ASAP. A little troubleshooting and viola! Beauty radiantly stares at me from the other side of the screen. Buying all those DLCs was totally worth, but now I actually have to learn how to play this game :D

Reactions:
Just when I thought I couldn't get any harder you had to go and whisper "Upon reaching adulthood (age 16), male characters with mothers that have strong claims upon titles will "pre-inherit" them as weak claims (does not apply to claims on titles governed by Absolute Cognatic succession law)" to me.
http://i.imgur.com/WQSNApj.gif
WQSNApj.gif

Reactions: